Changes to PPS?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by 9V-JKL View Post
    Thanks folks for your answers. I can't tell you how much I'll fly but probably 3-4Longhaul's/yr. In order not to go OT, will take this discussion offline
    Why don't you start a new thread in the Star Alliance discussion board, 9V-JKL? I'm sure others -- particularly those who find KrisFlyer suddenly inhospitable as a frequent flyer program -- would find the discussion helpful.
    ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

• Originally posted by SuperJonJon View Post
      Does Mr CGK know something more? Do share.
      We have already been biting our tongues for a few months with this information to be honest. All is due to be officially revealed later this month, with even more bad news than first advised.

Comment

• Later this month eh? Intriguing.

Comment

• Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
          with even more bad news than first advised.
          Yup... i'm afraid you're right there.

Comment

• Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
            We have already been biting our tongues for a few months with this information to be honest. All is due to be officially revealed later this month, with even more bad news than first advised.
            More bad news than the first post?

Comment

Yep - just when you thought that things cannot get any worse...
              All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

• If SQ had a sense of humour, like say VS, I'd say that this was all building up to being a bad April Fool's joke.

Unfortunately, in the same way they lack any loyalty to the customer, these guys really don't have much of a sense of humour, do they?

Comment

Is that even possible?

Comment

• Would anyone like to care to share?

Comment

• Originally posted by TerryK View Post
                      Is that even possible?
                      Prepared to be shocked and awed by the M.O.A.K.E......... Mother of all Krisflyer "Enhancements" - so awesome there'll be no one left alive to fly in F and J.

Comment

• All this moaning and gloom and doom on this thread! Surely those who do fly SQ for business or those leisure flyers who get a rather large number of PPS sectors each year have nothing to worry about because you'll requalify under whatever new criteria is imposed.

Comment

• Originally posted by SQflyergirl View Post
                          ......so awesome there'll be no one left alive to fly in F and J.
                          Maybe only non-SQtalkers who don't care about PPS will fly in F and J. Oh, better yet, maybe SQ will discontinue PPS program.

Comment

• I am betting that they will use "in order to serve our PPS Club members better".

Yeah, maybe in ten years time, they will make another 'enhancement' .
                            "To increase PPS exclusivity we have decided to limit the number of members in each continent to ten persons. This will help use to serve each member better. Thank you for your kind understanding."

Comment

• Originally posted by jhm View Post
                              All this moaning and gloom and doom on this thread! Surely those who do fly SQ for business or those leisure flyers who get a rather large number of PPS sectors each year have nothing to worry about because you'll requalify under whatever new criteria is imposed.
                              'Moaning'? That's a bit lacking in sympathy, don't you think? SQTalkers are on the brink of seeing their favorite FFP become radically transformed. I think you should allow them to express their feelings, no?
                              ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

• jjpb3, you're right. I certainly didn't mean that people shouldn't express their displeasure, outrage etc at the rumoured changes. I share peoples' sense of unease at the thought of what's to come and what it may mean to their (and my) PPS qualification.

All I meant was that amongst all the moa^H^H^Hcomments on this thread, there msut be some (not me I hasten to add) for whom the changes are actually not a bad thing ?

Furthermore, although I might not personally like it at all, I can see the logic behind what SQ are doing. As I think it's been mentioned on here (or in the equivalent TOF thread), target your highest revenue customers (not those who rack up flying miles without paying very much); reduce the number of PPS members so that the service (hopefully) becomes better for the rest; and people will - so SQ believe - still fly SQ J/F for the inflight service rather than for any PPS benefits.

Comment

Working...
                                X