X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TCS
    replied
    Originally posted by SQflyergirl View Post
    1. LPPS to be abolished. Dunno what happens to existing LPPS members though.
    Current LPPS will retain their status

Leave a comment:

• MAN Flyer
    replied
    As a matter of interest, has anyone who wrote in had any sort of reply that differs from the standard boiler plate PR nonsense we got at the beginning ?.

Leave a comment:

• SQFAN
    replied
    Just logged into my account....noticed SQ has got a 'IATA Echange Rate Indicator'.

Leave a comment:

• fumitani
    replied
    Originally posted by CGK View Post
    Well, the J fares ex-LHR to AKL is about the same as LHR to SIN. So, you just need to do LHR-SIN-AKL-SIN stop in SIN and back to LHR. That will increase your PPS Value significantly.
    Code:
    LHR  London Heathrow UK [EGLL]
    AKL  Auckland Int'l NZ [NZAA]
    RT   Apr-Mar

Carrier   From   To   Fare      Cur  Expiry    Min  Max  Fare Basis
    --------- ------ ---- --------- ---- --------- ---- ---- ---------- 
    SQ        LON    AKL     7301   USD                 12M  C2

Code:
    LHR  London Heathrow UK [EGLL]
    SIN  Singapore Changi SG [WSSS]
    RT   Apr-Mar

Carrier   From   To   Fare      Cur  Expiry    Min  Max  Fare Basis
    --------- ------ ---- --------- ---- --------- ---- ---- ---------- 
    SQ        LON    SIN     7993   USD                 12M  C2SQ
    CGK is correct

Leave a comment:

• CGK
    replied
    Well, the J fares ex-LHR to AKL is about the same as LHR to SIN. So, you just need to do LHR-SIN-AKL-SIN stop in SIN and back to LHR. That will increase your PPS Value significantly.

Leave a comment:

• SQFAN
    replied
    Originally posted by CGK View Post
    Keep requalifing for QPP! That's the answer.
    Not with my 2nd lowest PPS cost per sector.
    Who wants to sponsor me?

Leave a comment:

• CGK
    replied
    Originally posted by SQFAN View Post
    ...oh, how I am going to miss such privileges....
    Keep requalifing for QPP! That's the answer.

Leave a comment:

• SQFAN
    replied
    How I am going to miss PPS ...sniff sniff

I am going to miss the privileges of being a PPS...

Today, I wanted to change a date of my tix and within a minute, my call (to SIN) was answered. I got my dates changed. The agent also suggested the various BTC selection and seats as well. Such a great service.

...and having a familiar Singaporean accent on the other end helps too.

...oh, how I am going to miss such privileges....

Leave a comment:

• kpc
    replied
    Diners Club card = First Class lounge in Dubai

Originally posted by acey View Post
    Secondly, Dubai airport is quite crappy (compared to Changi, and I did not have status with Emirate then, to use their lounge).

cheers
    Acey
    I would highly recommend you get a Diners Club card if you go through Dubai airport a lot!!
    It is fantastic, is a first class lounge and you could catch some shut eye here upstairs + plenty of food and drink . I had one of the best dinners here on the way back from Ist, washed down with 4 different types of South African red

http://www.dinersclub.com/en/DCIHome...equestid=19384

Dubai International Airport -- Dubai, United Arab Emirates

Lounge Name: Dubai Civil Aviation First Class Lounge
    Lounge Location:Between gate 12 and 14 - coming from airport duty-free, go to the left, coming from arrivals go to the right.
    Telephone: 04-2064060
    Hours Open: 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
    Languages Spoken: English and Arabic
    Entry Conditions: Conditions of entry to any Diners Club Airport Lounge may change from time to time, subject to policies and procedures imposed by airport security.
    Amenities Offered: Telephone within UAE, magazines, satellite TV channels, food and beverages. For a fee: fax, internet, and bedrooms.
    Fees: Diners Club Cardmembers free. Additional guest AED 45.00; AED 22.5 for children under 12 years.

Leave a comment:

• LionCity
    replied
    Originally posted by acey View Post
    Yeah I was surprised abt Dubai Airport as well, when I went there for the first time last year. Extremely overcrowded - cant even find a place to sit down (if you have lounge access, great, if not, tough !). Toilets were overcrowded too, by the way !!
    But yes, Emirates ticket prices are much cheaper than SQ !!
    Thanks for the head up...I will avoid Y class if I am transiting in Dubai. The 3 am can also be challenging particularly you don't have a through flight but with 7 hours on either side of the two legs.

Leave a comment:

• acey
    replied
    Yeah I was surprised abt Dubai Airport as well, when I went there for the first time last year. Extremely overcrowded - cant even find a place to sit down (if you have lounge access, great, if not, tough !). Toilets were overcrowded too, by the way !!
    But yes, Emirates ticket prices are much cheaper than SQ !!

Originally posted by LionCity View Post
    Thanks Acey for info on Emirates and honestly does not know the Dubai airport is crappy. But it is still two thousand dollars cheaper for some inconveniences! I could use the two thousand for many other nice things. I am not a corporate guy so money is my own kitty and not from a large public listed corporation . Cheers!

Leave a comment:

• SQflyergirl
    replied
    Originally posted by jhm View Post
    Surely in 60 years time we'd all be flying around in spaceships (or even teleporters ) and not planes ?
    If we're doing that, i wouldn't need dentures either.... I'd be on my 5th set of 32 Genetically engineered teeth!

Leave a comment:

• jhm
    replied
    Meanwhile, an 83 year old SQflyergirl will be on her rocking chair fiddling around with her dentures.......writing on her blog from a 10 gajillion bazillion terabit per second connection saying : I told you so!
    Surely in 60 years time we'd all be flying around in spaceships (or even teleporters ) and not planes ?

Leave a comment:

• SQveteran
    replied
    My theory and prediction:

The executive who dreamt this up has got his or her fingers crossed for either 1) some internal award for excellence in cost cutting or achievement - if it succeeds. 2) a handsome payout to go out the door for messing up if it fails, since the grand poohbahs Okayed it at board level.

Meanwhile, an 83 year old SQflyergirl will be on her rocking chair fiddling around with her dentures.......writing on her blog from a 10 gajillion bazillion terabit per second connection saying : I told you so!
    And that 83 year old SQflyergirl will be just as sharp as she is today...

Nice assessment. I would have loved to be a fly in the wall when the corporate mothership tried selling this latest scheme to field offices around the global. Imagine the reaction from Indonesia, Bangkok and other locations where ticket prices are lower. Customer care and sales staff in these locations must know their customer base is going to be hit hard - and their loyal customers furious...

It is as you hint, a calculated gamble. SQ knows that nearly half of its PPS members are Singapore based and would face high switching costs to take their business elsewhere. Additionally SQ knows it offers the best service out there, and it can command a premium for doing so. So overall SQ has done its math and figures that it can lose a good number of members without it hitting the bottom line too much as money is saved by not having to pander to low rent FF's and charging more for 77W and 380 premium services.

I've been observing (and flying) SQ for more than 14 years now. The one thing i've noted is SQ will and in fact has changed tack where market pressures demand. There is a possibility that the current program may be modified later - once an audit has been done to assess the impact of it.

Leave a comment:

• LionCity
    replied
    Thanks Acey for info on Emirates and honestly does not know the Dubai airport is crappy. But it is still two thousand dollars cheaper for some inconveniences! I could use the two thousand for many other nice things. I am not a corporate guy so money is my own kitty and not from a large public listed corporation . Cheers!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X