Changes to PPS?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by jhm View Post
    If it's to be believed, some quite un-Godlike treatment of a QPP8 in a thread on another board, e.g.
    He was hyping it up but yes he did get downgraded to Y and as I understand it several others in C suffered a similar fate.

It's bad enough having to downgrade ANYONE given how good their yield people usually are, let alone a QPP8 (TPP?).
    All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

• Originally posted by KeithMEL View Post
      QPP8 (TPP?)
      If he is, I'm sure we would have been told.

Comment

• Agree with MAN Flyer.
        There's no 'improved' PPS Club to miss, fimo.
        It may become 'more exclusive' with the PPS Value requirement but there are no enhancements to go with that.

Now has anyone been successful in getting your PPS comped to an elite tier of CX Marco Polo Club?

The wordings on this campaign is clearly a comp offer to me:
        http://downloads.cathaypacific.com/mpo/sgcampaign

But nobody knows anything about this campaign over at MPO Service Center.

Comment

• Originally posted by StarG View Post
          The wordings on this campaign is clearly a comp offer to me:
          http://downloads.cathaypacific.com/mpo/sgcampaign

But nobody knows anything about this campaign over at MPO Service Center.
          There's a thread about this on TOF:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=743673

Comment

• How sad. If SQ upped PPS to be akin to LH's HON Circle, I can certainly understand. Not even close though, if I'm looking at my Senator card and thinking it's a superior product to PPS. I am okay with SQ taking away the anytime lounge access perk, but to remove the lounge upgrade access is pretty darn cheap. So a PPS J pax is in the same lounge as all other J pax and Y PPS? So... speshul.

As for the waitlist situation, while it may well change when the numbers start dropping off over the next few years, at the moment being TPP has made no difference to QPP for clearing in my limited experience. I'm currently waiting for some flights to clear for a RTW trip I start in less than 2 weeks.
            Even if it improves, that would be the *only* PPS perk.

I want to think that the loyalty programme dept isn't THAT clueless and dense. I want to believe those 'god-like' perks will appear after the ranks thin out. But frankly, I think that's being overly generous given what's being reported.

Comment

• Originally posted by fimo View Post
              I want to think that the loyalty programme dept isn't THAT clueless and dense. I want to believe those 'god-like' perks will appear after the ranks thin out. But frankly, I think that's being overly generous given what's being reported.
              I'm afraid they didn't have much say in the matter, as it's quite simply a cost-cutting excercise and nothing else. Reagrdless of what bullsh*t spin they tried (poorly imho) to put on it.

I'll dig out the figures and other bits tomorrow on how they discussed going about it and how much they will save by doing this. I wouldn't mind if they were struggling, or at least treated us like adults and stopped lying about it.

Comment

• I'm in the F side SIN SKL for the first time since the changes went into effect. The comments here led me to expect it to be nearly vacant. It's a bit on the crowded side, though not overcrowded, as it often used to be. If it were any more full, we'd be back to shared seating.

Comment

• Here's your chance to show the airline what you think. The Freddie Awards are in play. SQ has always done well. I suspect not this year.

http://www.freddieawards.com

Comment

• Originally posted by andrewdoyle View Post
                    Here's your chance to show the airline what you think. The Freddie Awards are in play. SQ has always done well. I suspect not this year.

Thanks Andrewdoyle. Just put in my vote.

Comment

• Originally posted by andrewdoyle View Post
                      Here's your chance to show the airline what you think. The Freddie Awards are in play. SQ has always done well. I suspect not this year.

Because SQ are not a choice in any category, that they will not do well this year is ineluctable.

Comment

• It is exactly 3 months before my membership year ends (Apr 30, 2008). I have more than enough PPS value/sectors in my account to requalify, but the early reset is not happening.
                        Has anyone experienced the early reset recently?

Comment

• Originally posted by StarG View Post
                          It is exactly 3 months before my membership year ends (Apr 30, 2008). I have more than enough PPS value/sectors in my account to requalify, but the early reset is not happening.
                          Has anyone experienced the early reset recently?
                          Wait until March. It happened at 2 months prior for me.

Comment

• Ah okay, thanks. Weird though - the system never failed to reset it 3 month early in the past.

Comment

• I believe that they have changed it to 2 months, that's what happened for me.

Comment

• Originally posted by TerryK View Post
                                It happened at 2 months prior for me.
                                I just re-qualified two months early and now have fourteen months to re-qualify.

Comment

Working...
                                X