No announcement yet.

Changes to PPS?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• exactly what i'm talking about and what i'm sick of. Just be HONEST!!! Call a spade a spade... don't try and BS me... I'm too smart to see thru it and then feel like you're just insulting my intelligence. You want to make cutbacks, you want to increase profits- i can deal with that. When you tell me i'm better off by it, that's when i feel offended.

Comment

• SQ is peddling fertilizer.... high quality BS.... good for growth

Comment

• This should clear some doubts

I have accumulated more than SGD 25,000 PPS Value before my Membership expiry date. Can I renew my membership early?
        The mechanism for renewal has not changed.
        The renewal criteria for PPS Club membership is a PPS Value of at least S$25,000 within the membership year. Membership will only be renewed at the end of the membership year. Also, the PPS Value that is in excess of S$25,000 does not count towards membership renewal in the next membership year.

My cumulative PPS miles and sectors were converted to cumulative PPS Value on 1 September 07. Is this tracked as my first year for the count of 5 consecutive years for Solitaire membership ?
        Your current membership year as on 1 September07 is counted as your first year in the count of maximum 5 consecutive years.
        The cumulative PPS Value you have in the next 4 uninterrupted PPS Club membership years will be tracked for Solitaire membership qualification.
        As soon as you have a cumulative PPS Value of S$250,000 within these 5 consecutive years, your membership will be upgraded to Solitaire.

I have re-qualified for PPS Club membership based on the old PPS Miles or PPS sector criteria before 1 Sept 2007 in my current membership year. How do I know if indeed my membership will be renewed for another year?All you need to do is log in at My Account and click on Statements. The row marked “Additional PPS Value required for PPS Club requalification” should not appear in your statement.

I have re-qualified for Solitaire PPS Club membership based on the old PPS Miles or PPS sector criteria before 1 Sept 2007 in my current membership year. How do I know if indeed my membership will be renewed for another year?
        All you need to do is log in at My Account and click on Statements. The row marked “Additional PPS Value required for Solitaire PPS Club requalification” should not appear in your statement.

What is the “Current PPS Club membership valid until” Date?
        The PPS Club membership period (for all tiers) is for 12 months, and the count for renewal of membership starts from the 1st full month from qualification or upgrade.
        For example, if you qualify on 14 October 2007, your PPS Club membership will start immediately. However, the count for renewal will for 12 months starting from 1 November 2007; your current membership year will be valid to 31 October 2008.
        The same principle applies for an upgrade of tier. Upgrade takes effect immediately and a new membership period/year begins.
        For example, if your current PPS Club membership expiry date is 31 October 2009, but you qualified for Solitaire membership in July 2009, your new PPS qualification expiry date will be 31 Jul 2010.

Why is the expiry date on my membership card different from my membership expiry date when I check my account online?
        A PPS Club membership period is for 12 months and that is reflected in your account statement.
        The expiry date on your membership card is 1 month after the end of your membership period so that you will not be inconvenienced by holding an expired card before a new one is received. You will continue to enjoy the privileges of PPS Club membership for 1 month after the end of your current membership period/year.

http://www.singaporeair.com/saa/en_U...ps_member.jsp?

Comment

• Thanks for the info, SuperJonJon. Certainly helped.

Comment

• Helpful information SuperJonJon. That clarifies the issue of pre-1st September from an official source. Didn't noticed it been there early. Probably came up recently due to the sudden gush of enquiries on pre-1 September?

Comment

• When I chased them about sectors disappearing after 1 September they told me to wait 2 weeks for things to post. As today is 2 weeks since the flight that took me to 250 sectors I emailed them last night pointing this out and telling I looked forward to logging on today and seeing my Solitaire status showing.

Well knock me down with a feather, as that is excatly what has happened!. Kudos to them for that, and to the assistance I got from someone to push it through.

The only problem is it shows my current PPSV as zero but I've done two more flights since then which seem to have disappeared.

Comment

• Congratulations, once again! And now it's official Mr. TPP...

Note: I am still waiting for the news where my card is.

Comment

• Congratulations, MAN Flyer! You've finally done it. Now, let's all work hard to get SQ treat us like we all deserve to be treated. Not with all the cutting backs that we have unfortunately been experiencing lately.

Comment

• Congratulations MAN Flyer!
                    Let's see what is 'The New PPS Club' is all about.

Comment

• Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
                      The only problem is it shows my current PPSV as zero but I've done two more flights since then which seem to have disappeared.
                      I have exactly the same problem. All the flights which credited between the time I flew the 250th sector and the time the 250th sector was credited show PPS Value, but that PPS Value is not being counted toward requalification. I phoned SQ and got about seven different answers from five different agents, none of which even remotely made sense until I was transferred to an office dealing specifically with changes to the PPS program. This gentleman was more cogent and understood the problem. He promised to look into it with his supervisors and another department and get back to me "in a few days." That was about three weeks ago and no response. Sigh....

If SQ are going to deliberately cheat me out of several thousand S$ of PPS Value (as they have calculated it), then I'm inclined to alternate between Solitaire and PPS by boycotting SQ every other year. Hopefully, SQ will not be so petty.

Comment

• Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
                        I am pleased to see that these flights have now appeared, with a slightly surprising value for the SIN-MAN flight.

Comment

• Originally posted by zvezda View Post
                          I have exactly the same problem. All the flights which credited between the time I flew the 250th sector and the time the 250th sector was credited show PPS Value, but that PPS Value is not being counted toward requalification. I phoned SQ and got about seven different answers from five different agents, none of which even remotely made sense until I was transferred to an office dealing specifically with changes to the PPS program. This gentleman was more cogent and understood the problem. He promised to look into it with his supervisors and another department and get back to me "in a few days." That was about three weeks ago and no response. Sigh....

If SQ are going to deliberately cheat me out of several thousand S$ of PPS Value (as they have calculated it), then I'm inclined to alternate between Solitaire and PPS by boycotting SQ every other year. Hopefully, SQ will not be so petty.
                          I received a call from a nice fellow at SQ's PPS Program Changes Hotline assuring me that the flights I flew after my qualifying flight but before SQ had posted it and qualified me would be counted properly, but that it would take about a month due to "system problems."

Comment

• With my PPS status winding down to the last couple of months, I've been focusing more on my LH Senator status, and easily requalified till February 2010. It's nice to know that I'll be 'protected' for another 2+ years.

PPS is really more hype than substance now, and that's not the sour grapes/fermented whine speaking. Sure, LH has the HON Circle that's a step above Senator, but the perks for Senator are pretty darn good compared to PPS. The upgrade vouchers and 2 year membership periods are great.

PPS was great for me back in the day - anytime lounge access and waitlist clearance. However the waitlist situation hasn't improved, and anytime lounge access is eliminated.

Am I missing something? And I don't mean this sarcastically - since my move I haven't been keeping up with all the changes and reported experiences. It seems that the SQ premium experience is still a premium experience, I'd take SQ J over LH - no contest. But the PPS status doesn't add much other than being a member of a very 'exclusive' club.

That said, if I get PPS status again, I'd still be pretty psyched!!

Comment

• Sadly you're absolutely right, fimo. PPS is not worth anyone going out of their way for these days, and I can't see why TPP would be either. They may claim it's '**** *********' but in fact it's a vastly reduced benefits club.

TPP is the same. We have also had anytime lounge access taken away and not content with vastly reduced numbers in the SKL F side, they saw the need to drastically downgrade the champagne served there. This means it is exactly the same as the Raffles side now, where anybody taking their first ever flight in Raffles is also given access to. How very exclusive..

As for the waitlist situation, while it may well change when the numbers start dropping off over the next few years, at the moment being TPP has made no difference to QPP for clearing in my limited experience. I'm currently waiting for some flights to clear for a RTW trip I start in less than 2 weeks.

Same old I'm afraid, the flights are full so they really couldn't care less. I don't think you'll miss much...
                              Last edited by MAN Flyer; 17 November 2007, 12:24 AM.

Comment

• If it's to be believed, some quite un-Godlike treatment of a QPP8 in a thread on another board, e.g.

I too love BA crew. I have just had the most awful experience on SQ - I'll relate:

The b@stards. I get up at 4am and I had only got to bed at 2am to get to TPE airport nice and early and check in for my 77W J flight to SIN. They substituted the aircraft (772) and had oversold J and were moving me to Y

For f'sake I'm a PPS of eight years standing ...
                                (I can't post a direct link as you need to be registered - www.moreflyingtalk.com (another TOF spinoff, this time from the BA board) - and then the "To Fly, to Talk" forum and finally the "I Love BA Cabin Crew" thread (post #4).)

Comment

Working...
                                X