Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by CGK View Post
    I thought you would say "Time to run for Solitaire"
    "Time to run from Solitaire?" Well, some will be kicked out rather...

Comment

• SQ has opened the door to CX, EK, TG, and other competitors by loosening their stranglehold on premium passengers in Asia Pacific. This was enabled not only but their superior product but also by the allure of the PPS Club, which allowed SQ to cut a wide swath among frequent business traveller.

What I fear will be the undoing of this so-called enhancement to the PPS Club is the power of frequent flyer programs--with their ability to confer what is perceived as elite treatment onto passengers--to inspire loyalty. Airline frequent flyer programs are, after all, one of the most powerful customer loyalty innovations in the history of marketing.

In the absence of a chorus of complaints from PPS members about the perceived dilution of benefits, which does not seem by any stretch overwhelming on this board of very frequent flyers, this strategy could and probably will backfire. Instead of satisfying a larger number of travelers able to receive PPS status, it will provide a smaller range of benefits to a group of travelers who would most likely spend S$25K with SQ with or without the allure of the PPS program. The ability of passengers to receive elite status on, say, CX and EK, which compete on many key routes, without changing their travel patterns, is much more alluring than SQ may imagine.

The greater good, in the end, may not be served -- either for passengers or SQ.

Comment

• Originally posted by jhm View Post
        Exactly! My SQ F flights to Aus (exciting destinations; but boring from the point of view of the flying) have been dropped for a mixture of new airlines/experiences for me including CX (yay!) and certain new OW members for a little whirlwind tour of Asia. Plenty of flying and airports.
        I hope the TA coped ok.
        All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

• Originally posted by KeithMEL View Post
          I hope the TA coped ok.
          He's doing his nut as we speak. Seriously though, the itineraries are his ideas - I just do the easy part of taking the flights.

Comment

• Originally posted by SuperJonJon
            Can I do that with QPP? You mean I have been queueing at the C counter when I can take the F counter?
            PPS travelling in C is not entitled to F check-in as per the current written rules. But I think they are quite reluctant to turn away a C PPS pax at the F counter if it is not busy. Ground service 'upgrade' is only to the Lounge but not to the check-in services.

Comment

He's doing his nut as we speak. Seriously though, the itineraries are his ideas - I just do the easy part of taking the flights.
              So, how is your new itinerary now? Are you still taking JL SIN-KUL-SIN? Or now taking CX HKG-KUL?

Comment

So, how is your new itinerary now? Are you still taking JL SIN-KUL-SIN? Or now taking CX HKG-KUL?
                It seems to be in a state of flux - has changed from when I looked at it yesterday. Currently CX HKG-SIN then the JL flights and others including (hopefully) the new CX cabin!

Comment

• I see.. HKG-SIN is in F? I thought that goes via HKG? Anyway, the temptation to fly new F CX has to go out from my mind right now. Other important decision has to be made first.

Comment

I see.. HKG-SIN is in F? I thought that goes via HKG?
                    No, currently in J - I don't know yet what the price difference is between that and F. Not sure what you mean by HKG-SIN going via HKG - if you mean the new 74A, I wasn't referring to that but HKG-LHR (midnight departure though so only a "snack" and not a full dinner ? I've no idea whether this would be the caes on CX ?).

Originally posted by CGK View Post
                    Anyway, the temptation to fly new F CX has to go out from my mind right now. Other important decision has to be made first.
                    Still possible to finish something before 1 Sept ?

Comment

It seems to be in a state of flux - has changed from when I looked at it yesterday. Currently CX HKG-SIN then the JL flights and others including (hopefully) the new CX cabin!
                      It's the mother of all itineraries !

14 segments. All Oneworld ....

Comment

• Originally posted by Guy Betsy View Post

Well, after all, jhm needs to get the best of all for his transition from SQ.

Comment

Still possible to finish something before 1 Sept ?
                          You mean finish sulking and crying from the heart broken by SQ?

Comment

Are/were there people crazy enough to do that ?
                            Umm....only the shy, naive, and innocent would do something like that. Wonder who could that be?
                            My Past, Present, Future Flights (Flights from March 2007 to Present to Future)

Comment

• Originally posted by Guy Betsy View Post

Indeed!

Comment

• from my observations it looks like they might've let too many people in under the old criteria, and so to get the numbers down they're changing PPS, you just have to look in both SQ lounges at Changi to see what I mean, they're always packed when I'm there

Comment

Working...
                                X