Changes to PPS?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Rejuvenated View Post
    I still adhere to my belief that an Airline quality should never be judge by it's FF/Loyalty program but rather by it's product offering. In that as long as SQ continues to demonstrate a consistent level of quality service onboard (which till today still has),
    Precisely - SQ continues to be a good airline - however it is not alone in that "league".

What in the past may have been a no brainer to go with SQ when ceteris paribus (as far as onboard offerings are considered) because of PPS, is now more opaque. The impetus to fly SQ vs another airline in the "league of good airlines" is diminished.

I have ALWAYS wanted to try, amongst other things, BA NNCW, EY J/F, EK 345F, NH new F, MH new F, TG new F, all of which are arguably within the same realm of quality as SQ's front cabin offerings

This list could go on all day. They're experiences I have longingly looked at, but forgone in the past for the sake of PPS sectors. That will change now.

Comment

• Originally posted by tfung View Post
      haha.. exactly... as a god, I'm not that much into material things.. I expect that the next time I board a SQ plane that they will all drop to their knees , start kissing my feet, and feed me grapes or something....
      ...plus flower petals before your very feet... (Note to self: SQFAN, stop dreaming)

Comment

• Originally posted by jjpb3 View Post
        You should ask the UK PPS Coordinator in September, jhm. With fewer members to deal with, maybe he'll treat you like a god and answer your enquiry promptly?
        Maybe they'll replace the PPS coordinators with ones in Mumbai, Delhi or Chennai, like they are intending to do with USA telephone reservations.... (enhancement, no? (correct?) "Believe it, Sir, we are treating you like a God!" )
        Last edited by SuperFlyBoy; 16 March 2007, 11:20 AM. Reason: adding quotations, other gramatical corrections...

Comment

• This forum's going to be a quiet place once you all leave SIA won't it!

Comment

• Originally posted by Lobster View Post
            I seem to remember shortfinals calculating it could be done in under three months if you basically lived on the SIN-CGK flights
            The only reason he seemed to be able to work out all these numbers was because he had nothing better to do

Comment

• Originally posted by Singapore_Air View Post
              This forum's going to be a quiet place once you all leave SIA won't it!
              Never....still a lot to talk about

Originally posted by SQflyergirl View Post
              The only reason he seemed to be able to work out all these numbers was because he had nothing better to do
              Years of watching Sesame Street (with the Count) has finally paid off for SQFG.

Comment

• Originally posted by jhm View Post
                What happens with corporate discounts ? Does the discount get included in the PPS Value or not ? And at least for BA (not sure about SQ), I believe some large corporates get a rebate at the end of the year dependent on the volume - if this exists with SQ, will that mean the PPS Value for those tix is reduced retrospectively ?
                Nett value after corp discount is what's counted.

Comment

• Oh well, it was fun while it lasted. So much for just choosing SQ because it was something that gave me the warm fuzzies. Time to go back to exploring airlines and trying to add the fun that way.

I probably still will travel on SQ, but now it's more a case of what works, instead of making my schdule work to fit them in.

Also, making PPS into a money grubbing exercise is something I don't like. Right now I have many friends seeing me as an avid traveller that knows how to have it nice while on the road, but I do not want to be caught dead by my clients with a card that explcitily shows off how much I use.

-A
                  Last edited by ; 16 March 2007, 02:06 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by ph-ndr View Post
                    but now it's more a case of what works, instead of making my schdule work to fit them in.
                    That about sums it up for me too. No more overnighting and getting SKL hotel stay credits - if it don't work, i take someone else.

I used to fit myself into SQ's schedules. Now, i guess they'll just have to fit into mine

Comment

• Originally posted by SQFAN View Post
                      Originally posted by Singapore_Air View Post
                      This forum's going to be a quiet place once you all leave SIA won't it!
                      Never....still a lot to talk about
                      Agreed. The bonds of the SQTalk community are stronger than what errant beancounters can devise ... and our interests occasionally even go beyond pretty FF cards!
                      ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

• I like to think there are always positives in these things and I can think of one already.

No longer will I have to shoot off early to get the evening LH4857 to FRA. To then pay the ridiculous amount for an 8 hour stay in the soulless Sheraton at FRA just to enable me to get the early (and always empty) SQ26 to JFK.

Instead I can now spend longer in the office (not always a bonus I know, but important if you're going away for a while!), spend the night at home and then enjoy the fabulous BD long haul inflight service in J to ORD, which is much better for onward connection on *A than JFK anyway.

As has been pointed out, if you fly in Raffles then PPS is virtually no benefit any longer as you just get access to the same lounge regardless. What the lunatics at asylum HQ will do as a result of the Raffles lounge at Changi fast becoming far too crowded now (it is already at peak times anyway) I can't wait to see....
                        Last edited by MAN Flyer; 16 March 2007, 05:27 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
                          What the lunatics at asylum HQ will do as a result of the Raffles lounge at Changi fast becoming far too crowded now (it is already at peak times anyway) I can't wait to see....
                          Simple, you get a huge LED-board on the wall, and as soon as it's getting crowded you flash "10.000". All those who are inside, by PPS privelige and travelling in Y or non-SQ J, will then have to leave to make room if they have less than 10k SGD spending over the last 12 months on SQ. If that doesn't suffice, then you keep raising it untill the comfort level is OK.

All you need is to keep a copy of your accumulated credit card statements or the online statement at SQ to prove you are worthy of access. They will also have the local police that already has patrols inside there do random spot check on account balance.

-A

Comment

• Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
                            I like to think there are always positives in these things and I can think of one already. ....
                            I thought you would say "Time to run for Solitaire"

Comment

• Originally posted by jjpb3 View Post
                              Agreed. The bonds of the SQTalk community are stronger than what errant beancounters can devise ... and our interests occasionally even go beyond pretty FF cards!

Comment

• Originally posted by SQflyergirl View Post
                                They're experiences I have longingly looked at, but forgone in the past for the sake of PPS sectors. That will change now.
                                Exactly! My SQ F flights to Aus (exciting destinations; but boring from the point of view of the flying) have been dropped for a mixture of new airlines/experiences for me including CX (yay!) and certain new OW members for a little whirlwind tour of Asia. Plenty of flying and airports.

Comment

Working...
                                X