Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MAN Flyer
    replied
    I'm told we now have a new number to dial for our small band UK based PPS insurgents.

Great timing when they doing their best to cutback on the numbers but better late than never I suppose.

Leave a comment:

• jjpb3
    replied
    You should ask the UK PPS Coordinator in September, jhm. With fewer members to deal with, maybe he'll treat you like a god and answer your enquiry promptly?

Leave a comment:

• jhm
    replied
    What happens with corporate discounts ? Does the discount get included in the PPS Value or not ? And at least for BA (not sure about SQ), I believe some large corporates get a rebate at the end of the year dependent on the volume - if this exists with SQ, will that mean the PPS Value for those tix is reduced retrospectively ?

Leave a comment:

• ny911
    replied
    Originally posted by TerryK View Post
    It is very difficult for airlines to track interline revenue by passenger. There are discussions on TOF concerning UA's UGS program which is by revenue. The conclusion is that UA most likely only tracks revenue based on 016 tickets. It ignores revenue from other ticket stocks (undercounting) and probably counts all revenue from 016 tickets (overcounting). SQ might end up counting revenue from 618 tickets only. That is you qualify if you purchase SGD 25,000 or more in 618 tickets.
    Would they count according to the published price or the actual price (booking in a travel agent is slightly than directly airline)? Personally, I think it makes PPS more exclusive,however high costs and more time need to be consumed to track the records. Are there many premium class passnengers travelling with full fare tickets?

Leave a comment:

• Traminer
    replied
    Originally posted by Guy Betsy View Post
    What happens to the exec who flies twice monthly between SIN and EWR but his travel budgets only permit full fare economy tickets. That's easily over S$2500 a ticket. After a year, he would have spent over S$25K.. but is he allowed in the club? Noooooo. If SQ wants revenue based - they should also include economy class clients.

Now that's just plain discrimination!
    If you fly economy, you're not the sort of person that belongs in the PPS club. Tell that to SQ's elite uncaring face.

Originally posted by PPS changes FAQ
    Will the PPS Club programme be extended to travel in Economy Class, now that the PPS Club has moved to a value-based programme?
    No. This is because since its inception, the PPS Club is a reward and recognition programme for our customers who travel regularly in First or Business Class on Singapore Airlines and SilkAir. This objective remains unchanged.

Leave a comment:

• Guy Betsy
    replied
    Ok - we all know that PPS already excluded the average ECONOMY class passenger... bu think about it...

Now more so than ever economy class passengers need not apply into the Club even though in theory one might be spending and flying more !

It's still the old man mentality that only those who fly Business and First class are privileged enough to join the Club.

What happens to the exec who flies twice monthly between SIN and EWR but his travel budgets only permit full fare economy tickets. That's easily over S$2500 a ticket. After a year, he would have spent over S$25K.. but is he allowed in the club? Noooooo. If SQ wants revenue based - they should also include economy class clients.

Now that's just plain descrimination!
    Last edited by Guy Betsy; 16 March 2007, 03:03 AM.

Leave a comment:

• SuperFlyBoy
    replied
    Originally posted by jjpb3 View Post
    You thought correctly. 10K for Plat.
    I knew it was double of the requirement for Gold!

Leave a comment:

• jhm
    replied
    Originally posted by Guy Betsy View Post
    "Do his nut"?? What's that???
    Sorry, it doesn't mean what you might think it means! From:

http://forum.wordreference.com/archi.../t-181729.html

It means he will lose his temper and is likely to shout, swear, throw things and possibly hit someone.
    He will go crazy.
    He will go mad.
    He will be so angry.
    He will do his nut.
    He will go apesh*t.
    He will go mental.

But you're just not invited to join in on the Club that has no benefits anymore anyway...
    Exactly. Furthermore, why fly SQ when I can have a similar top quality experience flying CX (new cabins perhaps ? ) and get my BA TP ?
    Last edited by jhm; 16 March 2007, 02:21 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Guy Betsy
    replied
    Originally posted by jhm View Post
    I think my TA will do his nut if I changed my mind yet again in the space of a few days ... SQ, how about CX, let's go for SQ, actually CX!
    "Do his nut"?? What's that???

CX it is.

I'm happy to push people toward CX or SQ , even!

But in all fairness, SQ knows that people who like them will continue flying with them irrespective of whether they are PPS Club members or not. I honestly don't think SQ will suffer much due to the changes. It's not as if that SQ flights do not earn ANY mileage whatsoever, you still can. But you're just not invited to join in on the Club that has no benefits anymore anyway...

Leave a comment:

• LukeGT
    replied
    Originally posted by Savage25 View Post
    Story of my life:

Qualify for LH SEN, huge program devaluation follows.
    Qualify for PPS for a couple of years, huge program devaluation follows.
    I'm heading to either TG or BD....so watch out for devaluations there
    please inform me about your next steps in advance.
    Many thanks!
    LOL

Leave a comment:

• KeithMEL
    replied
    Ah, thanks.
    So it's still doable on a weekend long K/YUP run then.

Leave a comment:

• jjpb3
    replied
    Originally posted by KeithMEL View Post
    I don't get it - so is it 10K or 20K EQPs to complete the Plat Challenge? I always thought it's 5k for Gold and 10k for Plat.

Leave a comment:

• KeithMEL
    replied
    That's because it's 10K EQPs for Plat.
    I don't get it - so is it 10K or 20K EQPs to complete the Plat Challenge? I always thought it's 5k for Gold and 10k for Plat.

Leave a comment:

• jjpb3
    replied
    I know about the challenge.
    I have a corporate status match with my employer that I can do anytime - I hope, since I'm not officially employed by them, but on a leave of absence
    Ah lucky you. We mortals have to do the challenge.

Leave a comment:

• KeithMEL
    replied
    CX?
    Fine by me but you'd incur the wrath of many here (I assume it's the most popular alternative to SQ) should that program experience a devaluation.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X