Changes to PPS?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by jhm View Post
    It's a shame shortfinals no longer seems to post here (or on TOF for that matter) ... he'd be someone who no doubt can calculate whether it's possible for someone (with a pot of gold) starting from today's announcement to fly SQ F non-stop to get to 1,000 PPS sectors by 1 Sept.
    I was just thinking about that...but since I just started...it wouldn't make sense!

Further, they are not really enticing us with any new "extras" to motivate us, are they??

The "pot of gold" would be around USD 186,000.00, based on a relatively cheap sector-run!

Comment

• Originally posted by SuperFlyBoy View Post
      I was just thinking about that...but since I just started...it wouldn't make sense!
      Uhmmm, it presumably also wouldn't make sense to get lifetime status in a programme from which you derive no benefit ?

I should also mention that I was just thinking hypothetically - I don't have, unlike others it seems , £100k burning a hole in my pocket!

Comment

Uhmmm, it presumably also wouldn't make sense to get lifetime status in a programme from which you derive no benefit ?
        Isn't it all about status??

Or maybe I'm an optimist? (added: about the program getting better, that is...)

Comment

Or maybe I'm an optimist? (added: about the program getting better, that is...)
          Ah yes, let's try to guess what "God like" powers PPS will have post-1 Sept, e.g. an online facility to move others in their seats, blocking out the rows in front and behind so that a PPS can sit there in splendid isolation away from mere mortals etc ?

Comment

Isn't it all about status??
            Um, no. It's really about the tangible benefits to being a frequent flyer. I think the reactions in this thread are about the lack of additional benefits (at least as communicated) on top of the more stringent requirements.

As someone who didn't find PPS valuable to start with, you are, I think, exempted from performing that calculus.
            ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

• MPC membership:

No double-dipping allowed.
              Award miles automatically get credited to Asiamiles.
              ================================================

You need 30K miles a year to get SILVER membership.
              Then your status miles zero's down. Say 31AUG.

You need another 60K from your new membership renewal date to get GOLD.
              You surpass 31AUG, effectively renewing SILVER, and you reach GOLD on 31DEC.
              Your new renewal date will now be 31DEC.

From GOLD, you need another 120K to get DIAMOND.
              From 31DEC, you have 1 year to get 120K miles. If you reach 120K by 30NOV, then your new yearly renewal date will be 30NOV.

Advantages to MPC - ability to accrue mileage in most economy classes as well as the usual Business and First fares. Usual 25%, 50% for Biz and F fares for all Oneworld and Dragonair flights count towards MPC membership.
              So you can get DM membership by effectively flying entirely in economy class!
              ====================================
              Joining at GREEN level: (US$50)
              1. Get to use the toll free MPC line.
              2. Ability to exchange 10K asiamiles for a guest pass to Business class lounge for friend who's travelling on CX and has no lounge privileges himself.

Advantages to SILVER membership
              1. Business Class lounge access when flying on CX flights.
              2.Ability to exchange 10K asiamiles for a guest pass to Business class lounge for friend who's travelling on CX and has no lounge privileges himself.

Advantages to GOLD membership
              1. Business Class lounge access when flying on CX or OW flights. + 1 guest.
              2. Extra 10kg excess baggage or 1 extra piece (if based on piece system)
              3. Guaranteed economy class seat if booked within 72 hours of travel.
              That's ANY mileage earning economy class fare. eg - Say you want a V class fare from SIN to HKG over X'mas period and you're booking on 21st Dec. All classes sold out, waitlist closed. If you're GOLD, CX will guarantee you that seat for you (only - no companions permitted). This is the best feature for GO members.
              4.Ability to exchange 10K asiamiles for a guest pass to Business class lounge for friend who's travelling on CX and has no lounge privileges himself.

Advantages to DIAMOND membership
              1. First Class lounge access when flying CX or OW flights + 2 guests.
              2. Business Class lounge access when NOT flying CX / OW flights.
              3. Extra 15kg excess baggage or 1 extra piece (if based on piece system)
              4. Guaranteed economy class if booked within 24 hours of travel. See above.
              5. Guaranteed business class if booked within 24 hours of travel in -J- booking class.
              6. Free buggy ride to far end of terminal at HKIA or to PIER !
              7. Unofficial benefit of CX pulling a revenue seat to change to award seat.
              8. Ability to exchange 10K asiamiles for a guest pass to 1st class lounge for friend who's travelling on CX who has no lounge privileges himself.
              9. No ticketing deadline for any revenue ticket !!
              10. High upgrade chances on full CX flights.

Best feature for MPC - toll free access 24 hours a day from almost anywhere in the world!

CX has 2 levels above DIAMOND. That's DIAMOND PLUS and INVITATION. I am not familiar with either. I'll see what I can get though CathayTalk people.

Disadvantages of MPC
              1. No double dipping
              2. No loyalty bonus
              3. Does not comp!

Shall I be seeing some of you guys soon on CX?
              Last edited by Guy Betsy; 16 March 2007, 12:54 AM.

Comment

It's a shame shortfinals no longer seems to post here (or on TOF for that matter) ... he'd be someone who no doubt can calculate whether it's possible for someone (with a pot of gold) starting from today's announcement to fly SQ F non-stop to get to 1,000 PPS sectors by 1 Sept.
                I seem to remember shortfinals calculating it could be done in under three months if you basically lived on the SIN-CGK flights

Comment

• Originally posted by Guy Betsy View Post
                  I'm already there on some flights I would've booked on SQ.

Comment

• Well I have to say overall this is going to have the desired effect for SQ in that it will drastically cut the numbers of PPS club members.

The new SGD50,000 on average for the first 5 years rule for TPP membership I think will cut the numbers drastically.

QPP membership I think will also fall a lot as there is now virtualy no point in it at all.

Goodbye SQ it has been fun but who wants to stay in a loveless marriage.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lobster View Post
                      Well I have to say overall this is going to have the desired effect for SQ in that it will drastically cut the numbers of PPS club members.

The new SGD50,000 on average for the first 5 years rule for TPP membership I think will cut the numbers drastically.

QPP membership I think will also fall a lot as there is now virtualy no point in it at all.

Goodbye SQ it has been fun but who wants to stay in a loveless marriage.
                      I couldn't have phrased it better.

Comment

I think my TA will do his nut if I changed my mind yet again in the space of a few days ... SQ, how about CX, let's go for SQ, actually CX!

Comment

• Originally posted by KeithMEL View Post
                          Please stay away from AA!!
                          Actually, I'm thinking of getting a AA Plat status match

Comment

MPC membership:

No double-dipping allowed.
                            Award miles automatically get credited to Asiamiles.
                            ================================================

You need 30K miles a year to get SILVER membership.
                            Then your status miles zero's down. Say 31AUG.

Advantages to SILVER membership
                            1. Business Class lounge access when flying on CX flights.
                            2.Ability to exchange 10K asiamiles for a guest pass to Business class lounge for friend who's travelling on CX and has no lounge privileges himself.
                            Disadvantages of MPC
                            1. No double dipping
                            2. No loyalty bonus
                            3. Does not comp!

Silver actually sounds like a great option for the lounge access!

(We should be careful what we say (now watch out for CX), because I have a feeling that SQ was monitoring our posts here and on TOF, and did what they did to spite us! )

Comment

• Originally posted by Savage25 View Post
                              Actually, I'm thinking of getting a AA Plat status match
                              IIRC, AA doesn't do status matches. You'd have to do a challenge.

Comment

• Originally posted by jjpb3 View Post
                                IIRC, AA doesn't do status matches. You'd have to do a challenge.
                                ... and only on AA metal nowadays I believe!

Comment

Working...
                                X