No announcement yet.

Changes to PPS?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another source told TODAY: "The changes are designed to separate the truly frequent high-end travellers from those who just scrape past the line."
    SQ arrogance at its worst.

Comment

• Originally posted by MovieMan View Post
      Yup. News is seeping out.
      This is a technical stuff that I have no idea. How do we keep the news link to stay intact? I know when we put the link to the news website, couple days later will be disappeared. Or, am I really not knowing how it works...

Originally posted by MovieMan View Post
      Isn't that where we got it from??
      I thought we got it from our residence fortune teller and feng shui expert?

Comment

• Originally posted by milehighj View Post
        SQ arrogance at its worst.
        I think you are too kind with the choice of words!

Comment

• It's obvious SQ doesn't go by the mantra "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" - so lets see if the golden goose gets her wings clipped or if she soars even higher. The scrapers and riff raff are obviously weighing her down.

Comment

• No one has mentioned about this, but is it possible they might get rid of double-dipping privelages?

Comment

• Originally posted by jjpb3 View Post
              My experience as QPP proved to me just how targeted the program is. Not all people who can achieve PPS will appreciate PPS benefits.

So there isn't a guaranteed seat availability privilege. The near-miraculous waitlist-clearing capability of PPS status takes care of that. I found, to my pleasant surprise, that this holds for award seats as well. I was able to get award seats confirmed on the LHR-SIN route during the busy Christmas season. The confirmation more than made up for the period spent waiting for the waitlist to clear.

Op-ups? That has never been SQ's policy, so it's a phantom comparison. If you really like the random upgrades enough to strategize about them, then SQ isn't the right airline for you.

Fit the profile of the targeted segment, however, and PPS is a fantastic status to enjoy. My best long-haul Y experiences on SQ have been as a QPP, because the crew took the steps to make my flights extra special. Flying in J, I thought it was actually good that PPS made no difference. That meant those who could gun for PPS would have a great experience to recall when decision time came. Besides, PPS members in J would've obtained a headstart on the champagne, courtesy of their lounge privileges (if they were travelling from SIN).
              Well said! - my experiences have echoed yours closely. To me, the most important PPS benefit is the consistent ease of clearing waitlists, which comes in very handy, indeed.

When traveling on SQ Y, I, too, have noticed extra attention from and proactive measures by the crew, as if they're overcompensating to make sure I enjoy my Y flight. (BTW, when flying in Y, I don't expect as much and am low-maintenance, but I definitely notice all the little touches.)

I agree that op-ups are just not part of SQ's corporate strategy or practice, and the rarity of them underscores SQ's yield & inventory management excellence and fiscal responsibility. (Of course, I am delighted when, on the rare occasion, I get an op up, but I don't expect it and am not upset if I don't get more than I paid for, especially when I see Solitaire PPS passengers sitting across from me in the same Y seats.)

Depending on how high SQ raises their PPS bar, I may not requalify after this year and will re-evaluate my loyalty once I can measure my level of travel vs. the requalification criteria. I will probably try to fly PPS whenever practical but won't go out of my way to do so.

However, no matter what, SQ will still have a very consistently high standard of service. I was discussing the impending potential PPS cutbacks with my friend who used to be CX Gold/Diamond for many years before switching to SQ last year. He just flew on CX J r/t last week and told me, "It's just not the same. I was disappointed with their service; they don't seem as friendly or caring as much anymore after all my SQ flights."

Comment

• Originally posted by CGK View Post
                May be...
                "treated like a god." Sounds like a PR job to me.
                Sounds like a complete load of rubbish to me. If they were going to make it more difficult to qualify but then really enhance the benefits then I could see this but their not. What they are doing is making it more difficult to qualify and cutting the benefits. If they try to spin this in anyother way than as a cheap cost cutting initiative then I for one will walk away as I do not like being treated as an idiot.

Comment

May be...
                  Or else, from inside SQ?
                  Originally posted by MovieMan View Post
                  Isn't that where we got it from??
                  I hope we got it from inside SQ and not the other way round. It would be the ultimate self fulfilling prophecy if we started this as a rumour on here, the SQ management read it, thought that sounds like a good idea and implemented it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lobster View Post
                    the SQ management read it, thought that sounds like a good idea and implemented it.
                    Oooh. Paradoxes.... straight out of Star Trek this...

Comment

• Originally posted by Lobster View Post
                      I hope we got it from inside SQ and not the other way round. It would be the ultimate self fulfilling prophecy if we started this as a rumour on here, the SQ management read it, thought that sounds like a good idea and implemented it.
                      Oh my, I sure hope not...
                      All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

• It's just occurred to me that not only will a lot of people be p*ssed off with the PPS (re)qualification and benefits changes, I can imagine the reaction when SQ/Amex then rub salt into the wounds in (status conscious) Asian countries by presumably downgrading people who fail to requalify but who hold a PPS platinum credit card to a KF gold credit card!

Comment

• Originally posted by yyzprincess View Post
                          My Qualifying period is from 1OCT 2006-30 SEPT.2007.
                          Due to committments in Canada, I will not be travelling to Asia until July & Sept. By August I should have 22 Sectors. If I can make it to Asia in Sept. it will be last week in Sept.,will do transpacific to get 5/6 sectors.
                          Question for the Experts:
                          Will SQ allow one to requalify under the old program if one is 3/4 ways towards requalifying?
                          Dear yyzprincess,

As far as I know, SQ will allow anyone to qualify or requalify for PPS by September 1, 2007 under the PPS sectors/miles. The 'show me your $$$' method will start that day.
                          But from your explanation, you only get 22 sectors in your account by August. To be safe than sorry, you should make it to 25 sectors by August 31. I don't think SQ will have a heart this time for doing any averaging or even an exception. And if I were you, I would try to get that 25 sectors by August. Well another year being QPP is a benefit.

Cheers,

Comment

May be...
                            Or else, from inside SQ? Remember the words: elite, exclusive, "treated like a god." Sounds like a PR job to me.
                            I may not be PPS now... nor will I ever be Solitaire.. but it's nice to know.. that I was the FIRST qualified PPS member in Europe & North America in 1984.

See: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=670489

Believe it or not !

Comment

• Originally posted by jhm View Post
                              It's just occurred to me that not only will a lot of people be p*ssed off with the PPS (re)qualification and benefits changes, I can imagine the reaction when SQ/Amex then rub salt into the wounds in (status conscious) Asian countries by presumably downgrading people who fail to requalify but who hold a PPS platinum credit card to a KF gold credit card!
                              Well, I can say no more.

Comment

• Originally posted by jhm View Post
                                It's just occurred to me that not only will a lot of people be p*ssed off with the PPS (re)qualification and benefits changes, I can imagine the reaction when SQ/Amex then rub salt into the wounds in (status conscious) Asian countries by presumably downgrading people who fail to requalify but who hold a PPS platinum credit card to a KF gold credit card!
                                I think if SQ p*ss frequent flyers off enough, the card will be a minor irritant. Those who shift their business should in fact consider the card largely irrelevant.

Alternatively, SQ can direct them this way: "Please contact MAN Flyer / SQFAN / jjpb3, so you know just how good you have it that you even have a KrisFlyer miles-earning card."
                                ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

Working...
                                X