Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

FRA-SIN saver redemption: date changeable? What to expect?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by coffeeblack View Post
    *dances* thanks! At least I have that to look forward to. Now I have to some how ponder how I'm gonna find my way from the UK to Frankfurt. I am thinking Eurostar... hmm
    With the train it goes to Cologne and from there you will need to take another train to Frankfurt. The entire trip will take about 8-10 hours and cost in the vicinity of 170 GBP. Take a look at expedia (the UK site) and you can get one-way fares from LHR-FRA for about the same price (LH, BA, etc.). I would rather fly and have my baggage checked all the way through.
    God must have been a ship owner, he placed the raw materials far from where they are needed and covered two-thirds of the earth with water...

Comment

Hmm I was thinking of taking a whole week to get there. Y'know explore my way to frankfurt

Comment

Hi coffeeblack, I have a couple of upcoming trips next year between SIN and UK. I am travelling via FRA on SQ25/26 as well and I booked some rather cheap LH fares to get between FRA and UK. FRA-LHR one-way costs EUR69, while LHR-FRA-LHR costs GBP90.

However, IF SQ were to change the 744 into 388 prior to OP's departure date, I understand that he might have to take the SQ325/326 operated by 77W instead. Would he still be eligible for a change of date then?

Comment

@Eriond - Thanks for the tip. It does look quite reasonable, on LH

That's a good question actually, seeing as I'm making this reservation about a year before I travel. What are the chances that they'll switch the aircraft to a 388. I'm not sure what happens if it switches to a 777 though. Because technically you can't take saver flights on a 777 aircraft... anyone know the answer to this?

Comment

That's a good question actually, seeing as I'm making this reservation about a year before I travel. What are the chances that they'll switch the aircraft to a 388. I'm not sure what happens if it switches to a 777 though. Because technically you can't take saver flights on a 777 aircraft... anyone know the answer to this?
            If it gets switched to another A/C type and you have a booking in hand, they are suppose to keep you in the same class of travel. They may try and pull a fast one if it gets changed to a A380 but stand your ground and insist they kee you in F / Suites (don't let them tell you it is a different class, etc.).
            God must have been a ship owner, he placed the raw materials far from where they are needed and covered two-thirds of the earth with water...

Comment

Technically, if you have already issued your F saver redemption ticket and then SQ change the aircraft of your flight in the future, SQ will honor your F saver ticket and accommodate you accordingly....
              If SQ change your flight into A388, then you will get "suites"...
              If SQ change your flight into B773W, then you will get the "diamond plus"...
              That was how I got my "suite"....

And do as Pinkfloyd said as a reference in case they try to do that (but in my case, my booking switched automatically into R (suites) without any word was spoken, and I even called them to make seat arrangement... )

About changing date after SQ change the aircraft, that's still a mystery for me...
              Because I didn't dare change my date once I got switched from "sky suite" into "suites"....

Comment

Thanks guys! it sounds very exciting. Feels kinda cool rolling the dice like this Haha.

Comment

Originally posted by eriond View Post
                  Hi coffeeblack, I have a couple of upcoming trips next year between SIN and UK. I am travelling via FRA on SQ25/26 as well and I booked some rather cheap LH fares to get between FRA and UK. FRA-LHR one-way costs EUR69, while LHR-FRA-LHR costs GBP90.
                  Just did a quick search on BA.com and it seems like they're cheaper out of LCY at 56 quid for a 1 way ticket on an Embraer as well.

Comment

Just had a quick look at my eticket, it will actually state the "Not Valid After" date, which I assume would not be more than a year from the date that you used the miles to redeem the flight. Therefore, if you need to change your date of travel to later than next summer, you might want to take note of it.

Comment

Just did a quick search on BA.com and it seems like they're cheaper out of LCY at 56 quid for a 1 way ticket on an Embraer as well.
                      I recommended LH because you could use the *G lounge in LHR, assuming you have it. I'm not sure about this but there might be a chance you would get an op-up on the LHR-FRA leg if you have *G status since you are connecting in F on a *A flight.

Comment

Originally posted by Dent@SUB View Post
                        About changing date after SQ change the aircraft, that's still a mystery for me...
                        Because I didn't dare change my date once I got switched from "sky suite" into "suites"....
                        I remember checking this with KF:

If there is a saver-possible flight available, you can change to that one easily. If there is none, then they say you'd have to bear the extra miles required. All conditional to a redemption seat being available.

I did not change but wonder if it is "negotiable". Perhaps issues like sickness or emergencies will result in a change of heart.

During the volacano chaos, I managed to get a switch from a 744 to what was to be a 77W on a J saver redemption by phone (no loss of discount too).

Comment

Originally posted by eriond View Post
                          I recommended LH because you could use the *G lounge in LHR, assuming you have it. I'm not sure about this but there might be a chance you would get an op-up on the LHR-FRA leg if you have *G status since you are connecting in F on a *A flight.
                          No to the *G. Am a lowly *Silver

Comment

Working...
                          X