Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

FRA-SIN saver redemption: date changeable? What to expect?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FRA-SIN saver redemption: date changeable? What to expect?

I am thinking of booking FRA-SIN in F on SQ's 747s next July. And I have a few questions.

Can I change the date of my booking on the FRA-SIN route if I book the Saver Award?

How's the service out of Frankfurt? I will probably be arriving in FRA via Lufthansa/Swiss's Euro Business, how would that work out? Anything I should be concerned about?

Originally posted by coffeeblack View Post
    I am thinking of booking FRA-SIN in F on SQ's 747s next July. And I have a few questions.

Can I change the date of my booking on the FRA-SIN route if I book the Saver Award?

How's the service out of Frankfurt? I will probably be arriving in FRA via Lufthansa/Swiss's Euro Business, how would that work out? Anything I should be concerned about?
    You have to pay a penalty if you change the date while on a saver award ticket.

Comment

Originally posted by kris View Post
      You have to pay a penalty if you change the date while on a saver award ticket.
      There is no charge for changing date as long as the award ticket has not been used. You have to pay US$20 (or 2000 miles) for changing flight routing on SQ/MI flights or date/route/carrier on partner airlines.

http://www.singaporeair.com/saa/en_U...es.jsp#Header6

Comment

Thanks guys! Anyone flown the F service from FRA-SIN? Any comments?

Comment

It's a day flight so you get value for money rather than sleeping your F experience away

Why don't you do a mini TR? Always nice to get first impressions

Comment

Arriving in FRA, you will not receive any special treatment or lounge access. LH's FCT & FCL are both for LH F and HON Circle members.

SQ F is top-notch and that's the same ex FRA :-)

Departing around lunchtime, you can enjoy a full meal service and then sleep all the way to Singapore...

Comment

How's the SilverKris Lounge in FRA? Or is it a LH one that you end up using?

Edit @ 11am 1st Sep - BOOKED! I'm gonna be experiencing my first SQ F experience in... about a Year's time WHOOT!
              Last edited by coffeeblack; 1 September 2010, 11:00 AM.

Comment

How's the SilverKris Lounge in FRA? Or is it a LH one that you end up using?

Edit @ 11am 1st Sep - BOOKED! I'm gonna be experiencing my first SQ F experience in... about a Year's time WHOOT!
                No SKL in FRA, you will get to use the LH lounge. Never been in the F section, but the J and SEN sections can get pretty crowded. Nothing much to shout about really, a bit of warm food and normal selection of drinks. I'm guessing the F section is much better...
                God must have been a ship owner, he placed the raw materials far from where they are needed and covered two-thirds of the earth with water...

Comment

Originally posted by Pinkfloyd View Post
                  No SKL in FRA, you will get to use the LH lounge. Never been in the F section, but the J and SEN sections can get pretty crowded. Nothing much to shout about really, a bit of warm food and normal selection of drinks. I'm guessing the F section is much better...
                  The SEN Lounge is the F section... And access to the First Class Lounge is for LH First and HON Circle only... Other than SQ's tacky policy of not letting Solitaire members into the Private Room unless they fly SQ F in SIN, LH in FRA is allowing their top members into the FCL (including a full-blown restaurant) even with a boarding pass for SQ in Y...

Comment

Originally posted by SMK77 View Post
                    The SEN Lounge is the F section... And access to the First Class Lounge is for LH First and HON Circle only... Other than SQ's tacky policy of not letting Solitaire members into the Private Room unless they fly SQ F in SIN, LH in FRA is allowing their top members into the FCL (including a full-blown restaurant) even with a boarding pass for SQ in Y...
                    Wait I'm a bit confused so since there isn't an SKL in FRA, where do we go? --- OMG I get it! SO we only get access to the SEN lounge in Frankfurt! That is... rather sad IMHO.
                    Last edited by coffeeblack; 2 September 2010, 01:54 AM. Reason: Sudden Realisation

Comment

Originally posted by SMK77 View Post
                      Cheers for that, always wondered why there is a "First" indication at the SEN entrance.
                      God must have been a ship owner, he placed the raw materials far from where they are needed and covered two-thirds of the earth with water...

Comment

Wait I'm a bit confused so since there isn't an SKL in FRA, where do we go?
                        SQ does not have its own lounges at every airport they fly to. In other airports without a SKL, SQ either uses another *A members lounge or another contracted lounge. In FRA, you get to use the LH SEN and Business lounges (with the HON lounges being an exception as pointed out by SMK77).

Comment

Sigh. Ah well. Next time I'll make sure I get an opportunity to try the LH FCT... Well next time meaning when I'm ROLLING in money.

Comment

Sigh. Ah well. Next time I'll make sure I get an opportunity to try the LH FCT... Well next time meaning when I'm ROLLING in money.
                            Relax, the flight itself is what it's all about and as mentioned earlier, you will get a full service as it is in the afternoon... Enjoy!

Comment

Originally posted by Pinkfloyd View Post
                              Relax, the flight itself is what it's all about and as mentioned earlier, you will get a full service as it is in the afternoon... Enjoy!
                              *dances* thanks! At least I have that to look forward to. Now I have to some how ponder how I'm gonna find my way from the UK to Frankfurt. I am thinking Eurostar... hmm

Comment

Working...
                              X