KrisFlyer Feedback Session

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sqdazz View Post
    If thats the case they will never be competitive then, no matter how hard they try.
    I wouldn't say 'never'.

Looking at LHR-SIN, the standard redemption for business is 100% higher than saver, right? So, suppose someone wants to redeem, and the basis for comparison is the rate on a *A FFP that is (for simplicity) roughly equal in earn-burn ratio to KF. If SQ offers a 65% promotion, then, combined with the 15% online discount, the standard rate is only at a 20% disadvantage on paper. However, that seat could never have been accessed through the alternative *A FFP. Depending on the punter, that 20% disadvantage might not be so bad if it allowed this type of preferential access.

Of course, the '65% off' promotion is, shall we say, unlikely. But should management decide to try that hard, KF could be competitive.

My curiosity is now piqued about the changes that will be introduced and then spun as enhancements to the PPS program.
    Last edited by jjpb3; 27 August 2010, 05:03 PM.
    ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

I can only recommend LH M&M for double-dipping... 200% in J - that's more than the 150% KF is giving you... 120.000 miles is giving you a return ticket on the A345 SIN-EWR. KF charges 229.500 miles if done online.

LH: 120.000 M&M miles, that's 60.000 BIS in J
      SQ: 229.500 KF miles, that's 153.000 BIS in J

Availability with KF is better than LH but still a huge gap that looks attractive... :-)

Comment

Originally posted by oblivious View Post
        Well, I went, and there was no gag order, so:

It was a little strange, because they had a bunch of PPS members there, but 99% of the discussion was about mileage redemption/availability in general, with nothing really PPS-specific. And it got tedious after a while because we kept getting (unsubtly) steered back to that topic when we tried to discuss other aspects of the PPS program.

Still, they do seem to be genuinely interested in making improvements to KrisFlyer.

The Good: There might be more flexibility in the way miles can be redeemed.

The Bad (or good?): Probably no changes in lounge access, PPS accrual, etc.

P.S. T, if you're on here, sorry for running off - I hope you got a cab! When I was done, everyone had disappeared.
        thanks for posting some insights into the session. From what you posted, it looks likely SQ is thinking of allowing redemption into hotels points and shopping credits but unlikely to vary the mileage required for flights which is no surprise but indicate they are slow to the game where industry leaders already use the FFP for hotel redemptions and other options as well as use it as a profit centre when they needed short term cash flow.

Comment

Thanks for the feedback, oblivious, even if it seems it was the washout many expected.

Originally posted by oblivious View Post
          And it got tedious after a while because we kept getting (unsubtly) steered back to that topic when we tried to discuss other aspects of the PPS program.
          Hmm, sounds like another KF feedback session held not long after yours.

Methinks they were primed to expect this and wanted to keep people away from the subject. So much for a customer 'feedback session'. Some things never change....

Still, they do seem to be genuinely interested in making improvements to KrisFlyer.

The Good: There might be more flexibility in the way miles can be redeemed.
          There are a few rumous flying around to this affect. Personally I think BD have got it spot on......

As a matter of interest, was Eileen Hia at the Singapore session ?.
          Last edited by MAN Flyer; 6 September 2010, 04:53 PM. Reason: finish sentence.....

Comment

Working...
          X