PPS Renewal Promotion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 9V-SIA View Post
    The thinking behind the FFP changes does reflect badly on management.

Discussed here.. http://www.sqtalk.com/forum/showthre...equalification

But look, how would you have done it?
    1. They didn't have enough planes ( delays to A380/787/A350 programmes )
    2. Red hot economy
    3. Planes filled to the brim ( TPP cannot clear waitlists )

Not trying to be funny? I don't know what I'd have done.

Just raise fares maybe..

Hike cancellation fees..

Hike change flight fees..

Discourage double bookings..

But I wouldn't touch the FFP..
    Oops, missed this one earlier.

You are right about the reasons they were doing so with the delays to the A380 causing problems etc.

What would I have done ?. Carried on putting the fares up, after all if you keep increasing the price of your product and people continue to buy it then you're laughing. Or alternatively, I wouldn't have done anything.

It was nothing more than a cost cutting measure (we know this for a fact), which bearing in mind how well they were doing at the time was completely unecessary and down to sheer arrogance and greed. All it managed to do was p*ss a sizeable number of their previously loyal pax off (which was fine at the time when you can't get enough aircraft to satisfy demand), a number of which drastically cut the amount of flying they did on SQ.

Now, bizarrely, they don't seem to want to lose any more QPP's/TPP's than they have recently, which as I say I find hard to fathom bearing in mind the two fingered salute they have been giving for the few years before the downturn, and now that things are picking up very nicely for them.

They're a funny outfit at times...

Comment

Originally posted by SMK77 View Post
      Got the following from SQ today:

We would be happy to extend your current PPS Club membership for one year, to 31 August 2011, if you accrue PPS Value of at least $10,000 before the end of your membership year on 31 August 2010.*

As a member of the PPS Club, you will continue to enjoy higher priority and greater level of service, such as a 100% increase in baggage allowance, check-in at premium counters, use of the SilverKris lounges, priority waitlisting and much more.
      I hope I get one off those emails as I will be about S$3,000 PPS short at my renewal date. Most off my sending has been on 3rd party bookings this year. (If you could count that I would be well over.)

Comment

Liked what Manflyer mentioned, it is curious why the Airline is renewing membership when the members are short of PPSValue. Not sure what system SQ is using to gauge which members have their membership renewed. It could be as follows:

1. 10,000 PPSValue for renewal.
        2. Number of years being PPS.

or perhaps no real system at all?

Surprised with the economic picking up, they are still renewing membership despite the shortfall in PPSValue. It maybe a signal that the airline management realized that the importance of maintaining the membership pool during the last downturn and that the membership will help in down cycles. The number of PPS is still pretty high particularly on certain routes and probably on the rise. But the number of PPSes are possibly still short of target numbers. However, the number of TPPS is possibly stagnating or even reducing. But again I am only speculating in the absence of clear facts.

Comment

At the risk of sounding contentious, I appreciated SQ renewing my QPP even as a gesture

As someone who has been flying LHR - SIN for 4 years and 4 or 5 times a year in J (or if i really treat myself R) as a Brit I choose SQ over BA for a reason!

Also thanks to everyone for the great Trip Reports - eg SQFG and Kyo - i dont post as often as i read but they are much appreciated!

Comment

Originally posted by LottieM View Post
            At the risk of sounding contentious, I appreciated SQ renewing my QPP even as a gesture
            You are right, we should be grateful for small mercies. Unfortunately their recent behavious has turned us into a somewhat cynical bunch on here, and we just don't trust them.

Comment

Just check KF site and noted that my current status is Elite Gold.... all requalifying miles reset to 0, even though I had 24k odd miles for re-qualification previously. Not a problem, I will definitely hit 50k for re-qualification to Elite Gold by 31st July 2011...
              This is a computer generated message, no signature required....

Comment

Thank you for your support for the past year. We are pleased to welcome you to another year as a member of the Solitaire PPS Club.

Your new Solitaire PPS Club membership card and luggage tags will be delivered to you within 4 weeks, before the expiry of your current cards. In the meantime, we hope you will continue to enjoy the many privileges of membership in the Solitaire PPS Club.

For further information on your privileges, please visit krisflyer.com

If you have any queries, please contact your PPS Coordinator at the number most convenient for you.

Thank you for your continued support and we look forward to welcoming you onboard soon.
                Got the above via email, I'm a still few K short on the pps value.

Comment

requalification levels

i agree that the problem some may face is that the 25k level was set in a era when fares were escalating. these days even though SQ is pricey compared to other carriers, it requires many more flights to reach 25k than the previous sector system.

perhaps sq reckons that there must be an optimal level of PPS and TPS members? there is not much point to having a club with declining numbers which would not justify its existence - especially when losing status eg TPP means that the incentive to requalify, given the difficulties, is low.

Comment

They should put back Life program back and kick all those life that dont travel anymore and went to pursue other airlines ffp.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA i got alot of relatives they all got life and they all stopped flying singapore airlines so lame.

Comment

Got the email from SQ today. So two more years off PPS.

Comment

Working...
                      X