Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PPS Renewal Promotion

Got the following from SQ today:

2009 has been a difficult one for all of us and we understand that this has contributed to less travel on us, especially in the premium classes.

In recognition of the economic difficulties, your PPS Club membership was extended for a year at the end of your membership year in 2009; and now, we have another special offer for you.

We would be happy to extend your current PPS Club membership for one year, to 31 August 2011, if you accrue PPS Value of at least $10,000 before the end of your membership year on 31 August 2010.*

As a member of the PPS Club, you will continue to enjoy higher priority and greater level of service, such as a 100% increase in baggage allowance, check-in at premium counters, use of the SilverKris lounges, priority waitlisting and much more.

No renewal voucher and membership year stays the same - status literally gets extended for another 12 months.

Question is: Is it worth it? A status where the only benefit is the shopping discount at Changi is not really worth any effort, is it?

I'd rather be SQTalk PPS... the benefits are more tangible

Comment

they want 10k from you, ??? I received the same thing and it was 15k....

30th June 2010 marks the last day of my PPS status...
      This is a computer generated message, no signature required....

Comment

Wonder will they offer the same for TPP?

Comment

Originally posted by kapitan View Post
          they want 10k from you, ??? I received the same thing and it was 15k....

30th June 2010 marks the last day of my PPS status...
          I hit 19K but still short of 6K with 29 days to go

Comment

Originally posted by SMK77 View Post
            Got the following from SQ today:

2009 has been a difficult one for all of us and we understand that this has contributed to less travel on us, especially in the premium classes.

In recognition of the economic difficulties, your PPS Club membership was extended for a year at the end of your membership year in 2009; and now, we have another special offer for you.

We would be happy to extend your current PPS Club membership for one year, to 31 August 2011, if you accrue PPS Value of at least $10,000 before the end of your membership year on 31 August 2010.*

As a member of the PPS Club, you will continue to enjoy higher priority and greater level of service, such as a 100% increase in baggage allowance, check-in at premium counters, use of the SilverKris lounges, priority waitlisting and much more.

No renewal voucher and membership year stays the same - status literally gets extended for another 12 months.

Question is: Is it worth it? A status where the only benefit is the shopping discount at Changi is not really worth any effort, is it?
            Yep, I got exactly the same thing.

I really don't understand this sudden seemingly desperate attempt to keep the numbers of QPP's/TPP's higher than they would be under the new system that they introduced a couple of years ago when they destroyed the programme. They arrogantly declared that they've got too many QPP's/TPP's, and things were so good that they can get rid of half of them and it wouldn't matter. Now all of a sudden they don't want such a small number.

I could understand them doing it last year when things were bad, but things have improved considerably since then, so I don't understand this desperation. Maybe if they made the programme more attractive more people would bother to try and go out of their way to requalify....

Originally posted by bumblebee View Post
            Wonder will they offer the same for TPP?
            I am TPP and I got it.

Comment

My PPS membership was due to expire at the end of June this year and after 4 consecutive years of PPS, I was fully expecting to lose it as haven't travelled that much this year. Received a letter from SQ noting economic difficulties and thanking me for my loyal support of SQ over the years. The letter confirmed renewal of my PPS status until June 2011 (no vouchers though) but stated that I would need to meet the S$25,000 requirement to renew next year into 2012.

I was more than pleasantly surprised at being renewed when I was so short on miles!

Comment

Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post

I really don't understand this sudden seemingly desperate attempt to keep the numbers of QPP's/TPP's higher than they would be under the new system that they introduced a couple of years ago when they destroyed the programme. They arrogantly declared that they've got too many QPP's/TPP's, and things were so good that they can get rid of half of them and it wouldn't matter. Now all of a sudden they don't want such a small number.

I could understand them doing it last year when things were bad, but things have improved considerably since then, so I don't understand this desperation. Maybe if they made the programme more attractive more people would bother to try and go out of their way to requalify....
                The thinking behind the FFP changes does reflect badly on management.

Discussed here.. http://www.sqtalk.com/forum/showthre...equalification

But look, how would you have done it?
                1. They didn't have enough planes ( delays to A380/787/A350 programmes )
                2. Red hot economy
                3. Planes filled to the brim ( TPP cannot clear waitlists )

Not trying to be funny? I don't know what I'd have done.

Just raise fares maybe..

Hike cancellation fees..

Hike change flight fees..

Discourage double bookings..

But I wouldn't touch the FFP..
                Last edited by 9V-SIA; 2 July 2010, 08:54 PM.

Comment

The sad thing is: Loyalty with Singapore Airlines is not rewarded at all. You can spend as much money as you want and you don't get anything.

If you moved to Singapore today and you spent 200.000 SGD on travel in Suites in the first year, they would invite you to check in at their Business Class counters everytime you travel. That's groundbreaking.

PPS is not giving you any benefits and TPP is out of reach for quite some time if you come to Singapore.

I am becoming HON Circle with Lufthansa shortly (600.000 miles in two years, not less) and the list of benefits is just great:

- Booking guarantee in J for booking classes C and D (equals C and J on SQ)
                  - Guaranteed Saver Awards in J for any route and day (as long as LH is selling seats)
                  - More generous mileage credit 125%, 225% and 325% while redemption prices are equal to Krisflyer
                  - VIP service out of FRA and MUC including limousine services
                  - HHonors Gold and Sixt Diamond Card

Comment

Originally posted by LottieM View Post
                    My PPS membership was due to expire at the end of June this year and after 4 consecutive years of PPS, I was fully expecting to lose it as haven't travelled that much this year. Received a letter from SQ noting economic difficulties and thanking me for my loyal support of SQ over the years. The letter confirmed renewal of my PPS status until June 2011 (no vouchers though) but stated that I would need to meet the S$25,000 requirement to renew next year into 2012.

I was more than pleasantly surprised at being renewed when I was so short on miles!
                    So they have renewed yours without asking you to get any more PPSV for this year ?.

Comment

Hi MAN Flyer

Yes that's correct - the letter said "In appreciation of your continued support, we are pleased to extend your PPS Club membership for another year, even though the PPS Value in your account was less than S$25,000 at the end of your current membership year"

I suspect it might be as I am a "cheap PPS date" - ie I don't cost them anything - I travel to Asia probably 4 or 5 times a year on holiday from London, always in J class, so whatever limited benefits you get from PPS membership - eg using the lounge when travelling Y class, or waitlisting for busy flights, I don't use

Comment

...I suspect it might be as I am a "cheap PPS date" - ie I don't cost them anything - I travel to Asia probably 4 or 5 times a year on holiday from London, always in J class, so whatever limited benefits you get from PPS membership - eg using the lounge when travelling Y class, or waitlisting for busy flights, I don't use
                        I don't think SQ tracks how often you fly Y and use PPS benefit. In fact, I don't think it is possible. You can fly Y on other *A airlines and use your PPS *G benefit. There is no way for SQ to keep track of it.

Comment

Maybe they are just being "nice" then!

Comment

Maybe they are just being "nice" then!
                            While it would be nice to think that was the case, I am afraid SQ long since ceased doing things to be 'nice' unless they are forced to.

This change of how they thought of previously loyal pax coincided with the destruction of the once quite nice PPS programe. You used to feel valued as a PPS member, then they decided they couldn't care less how much you had previously spent with them or how much you had flown with them before, they just wanted to know what was in it for them now and in the future.

Comment

deleted
                              Last edited by trekkie; 23 September 2010, 11:34 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X