Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SQueeze View Post
    Not cutting mine yet.

Unlike UOB, isn't it still giving out the most miles for local spending? Ok, fine, may be Citi Premier does the rounding better, but these DBS cards give out a lot of bonus points in return for their credit card fees (at more than half the rate to purchase miles from SQ). I may keep it just for the annual bonus and make sure I spend less than 25K on each.
    What's the reason for spending less than 25k?

I tested out the DBS Altitude card with extreme spending last month and came away very, very impressed. So far day-to-day use is still seeing me use PremierMiles, but I may move more spend to DBS to ensure the 5,000 points threshold is met.

Cutting up the DBS seems slightly silly at this point.

Comment

if the spending is above 25,000 miles, then the annual fee is automatically waived, and there is no 10,000 bonus miles.

SGD180 for 10,000 miles is a cheap way to earn miles in my opinion.

Kyo, what is this 5,000 point threshold you target?

Comment

Originally posted by SQueeze View Post
        if the spending is above 25,000 miles, then the annual fee is automatically waived, and there is no 10,000 bonus miles.

SGD180 for 10,000 miles is a cheap way to earn miles in my opinion.

Kyo, what is this 5,000 point threshold you target?
        Thanks for pointing that out. I never spend 25k on DBS and I always get waived anyway. I normally pay the $180 for PremierMiles' 10,000 miles despite being well in excess of 25k also. I was referring to the new rules requiring a minimum bloc of 5,000 DBS points/10,000 miles per transfer

Comment

Should be S$192.60 for 10,000 miles, incl GST. Add the annual mileage transfer fee, taking that you intend to transfer all your points into miles in 1 shot in 1 year only, add S$42.80 (incl GST), total is S$235.40. Every 500 miles cost you S$11.77.

If you keep the points for more years and transfer them 1 shot in 1 year only, then the price you pay per 10,000 miles gets less.

Maybe this is the only plus point that you should still keep the DBS Altitude cards...

Comment

I am trying to figure out if this is really worth to pay S$11.77 for 500 miles......previous time during "HSBC promo" I paid $10 for 500 miles.

Well, I can choose to do the transfer in (say) 3 years time and just pay $42.80 and that cost me $10.34. But who can assume that banks will not inflate the transfer cost and also the miles conversion rate during this period?

Comment

Originally posted by j.lin View Post
              I am trying to figure out if this is really worth to pay S$11.77 for 500 miles......previous time during "HSBC promo" I paid $10 for 500 miles.

Well, I can choose to do the transfer in (say) 3 years time and just pay $42.80 and that cost me $10.34. But who can assume that banks will not inflate the transfer cost and also the miles conversion rate during this period?
              Totally agree with you.

But for annual transfer fee, it has not gone up. Still at S$40 (add GST) for more than 10 years.

For per transfer fee, its has gone up considerably. From S$10 (add GST) to S$20 and S$25.

For mileage conversion rate, almost all banks remain at 500 miles (I think only left Maybank) or 1000 miles (Citibank best, any amount greater than 500 miles), except for UOB and DBS banks, in blocks of 10,000 miles.

Comment

I think i'll ditch the AmEx KrisFlyer and stay with CitiBank Premier Miles. DBS Altitude has take on the Feed at Raffles program though
                drink Coke...save water

Comment

Just saw the rewards catalogue for Maybank Singapore treats points 2013 with my statement. The good news is the 10x rewards infinite merchants are the same but the number of points required for treats vouchers has increased and you can qualify for rewards infinite membership only if you spent $24000 in the preceding year. No more paying $10.70 to join. Terrible.

Comment

Seems like Citibank Premier Miles and DBS Altitude are the cards to have then? I've been only using Amex Platinum.

Comment

No...ANZ Travel Card is the best. $1=1.4 miles. Transfer in blocks of 500 miles. 5% rebate for Cold Storage/Giant supermarket and EZ-Link top-ups, on top of the miles you earn.

https://sg.anz.com/ANZPrivileges/cam...romotions.html

Comment

It's confirmed. Cold Storage/Marketplace/Jason's is not a 5x AMEX Weekend merchant in 2013. The rest remains the same.

http://offers.amexnetwork.com/sg/xo-weekends

Maybank Rewards Infinite is beyond reach for most card members unless you are a
                        Maybank Premier Platinum MasterCard, Maybank Visa Infinite, Maybank World MasterCard and Maybank Catholic High Alumni Platinum Associates Card Cardmembers may enjoy Rewards Infinite programme with compliments. All other Maybank Cardmembers, simply spend S$24,0001 on your Maybank Credit Card in the preceding year to become a Rewards Infinite member.

Merchant list no change, same as 2012:

http://info.maybank2u.com.sg/persona...-infinite.aspx

Comment

Originally posted by vsepr View Post
                          It's confirmed. Cold Storage/Marketplace/Jason's is not a 5x AMEX Weekend merchant in 2013. The rest remains the same.

http://offers.amexnetwork.com/sg/xo-weekends

Maybank Rewards Infinite is beyond reach for most card members unless you are a
                          Maybank Premier Platinum MasterCard, Maybank Visa Infinite, Maybank World MasterCard and Maybank Catholic High Alumni Platinum Associates Card Cardmembers may enjoy Rewards Infinite programme with compliments. All other Maybank Cardmembers, simply spend S$24,0001 on your Maybank Credit Card in the preceding year to become a Rewards Infinite member.

Merchant list no change, same as 2012:

http://info.maybank2u.com.sg/persona...-infinite.aspx

Oh so for cold storage, ANZ would be the best then ?

Comment

Yup, 5% rebate on top of miles for ANZ Travel card for Cold Storage, Giant, Marketplace PLUS EZ-Link top-ups!

http://www.anz.com/singapore/en/Pers...ds/privileges/

Comment

Originally posted by vsepr View Post
                              Yup, 5% rebate on top of miles for ANZ Travel card for Cold Storage, Giant, Marketplace PLUS EZ-Link top-ups!

http://www.anz.com/singapore/en/Pers...ds/privileges/
                              There is a condition that say minimum $300 retail spend per month. Does that include the top-ups as well?

Comment

Yes, if you spend more than $600 in a calendar month, you get 5% rebate for both supermarket and EZ-Link. $300 is for EZ-Link only.

Comment

Working...
                                X