DBS Altitude Amex Card

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by eriond View Post
    So for example UOB cards that award X points for every S$10 spent, the points awarded is based on the expenditure per transaction instead of the final expenditure at the end of the month?
    Yes, All cards award points per transaction.

For UOB, points are awarded for every $5 spent. If you spent $9.90, you get only 1 point. The $4.90 part is not given any points. Or worse. If you charge $4.95, you are not given any points. Choose cards that award points for every $1 spent, like Citibank. Just that Citibank does not round up the points. If you spend $9.95, you are given 9 points and not 10 points like Maybank, original AMEX, OCBC, Standard Chartered.

Comment

Anyone knows if the high end cards are better ? I saw an ad for DBS Insignia, and it says 1.6 miles per $ ? Or the Amex Centurion ? Anyone knows ?

Comment

Originally posted by hjerapa View Post
        Anyone knows if the high end cards are better ? I saw an ad for DBS Insignia, and it says 1.6 miles per $ ? Or the Amex Centurion ? Anyone knows ?
        I don't...cos I don't qualify for them.
        High end cards does not mean high mileage earning rates...

Anyway, for AMEX Rewards card, finally there is something that is better than charging to Citi Visa Platinum (discontinued) at Cold Storage/Marketplace where for Citi Visa Platinum, $1 = 2 miles or $0.50/mile. Same for Cathay/Eng Wah/Shaw (Citi Clear Platinum)/GNC (Other Citibank cards). For OG, Citi Rewards Card get 10x points, so Citi Rewards Card is better. AMEX has very good discounts at SPC (14 to 16% discount). Maybank Horizon Platinum awards 10x for petrol station charges, but no extra discounts for petrol charges.

https://www.americanexpress.com/sg/p....shtml?page=PR

Every Friday, Saturday, Sunday, you get 5x points for AMEX Rewards card for charging at Cold Storage/Marketplace and the above merchants. If you add Cold Storage/Marketplace and the above merchants to your list of favourite 5 (50% more points), you get total of 5.5x points.

$1 spent = 5.5 points, (1.6 pts or $1.60 spent = 1 mile), so $1 spent you get 3.4375miles or $0.2909/mile! Or its 8.59375x! (consider normal VISA/MasterCard rate of S$2.50/mile)
        Last edited by vsepr; 26 June 2011, 05:11 PM.

Comment

Bad news!!!

In the DBS Rewards Catalogue 2011/2012, effective 01 July 2011,
          Each mile transferred by the Principal Cardholder to his designated airline's frequent flyer programme ("Transfer") must be to an account bearing his own name and subject to a minimum of 2000 DBS Points (= 4000 miles) for each transfer.

Last year was in blocks of 1000 DBS points.

https://rewards.dbs.com/index.aspx

Will DBS Altitude Card holders still support DBS Altitude Card?

Comment

ANy promotion for the Altitude card? So far, no good promos.

Comment

Originally posted by vsepr View Post
              Bad news!!!

In the DBS Rewards Catalogue 2011/2012, effective 01 July 2011,
              Each mile transferred by the Principal Cardholder to his designated airline's frequent flyer programme ("Transfer") must be to an account bearing his own name and subject to a minimum of 2000 DBS Points (= 4000 miles) for each transfer.

Last year was in blocks of 1000 DBS points.

https://rewards.dbs.com/index.aspx

Will DBS Altitude Card holders still support DBS Altitude Card?
              But I must say DBS is still offering the best deal for ANY type purchase as long as you hit above 1500, unlike the Citi Rewards/ Premiermiles.

The excess miles transferred in still have a 3 year expiry which isn't too bad in my opinion. You can accrue quite a bit on cards or by flying in 3 years...

Comment

Revamped Citibank Clear Platinum Card:

http://www.citibank.com.sg/gcb/credi...de=SGCCWARB2LM

5X Rewards* at your favourite outlets:

Nightspots - Zouk, Butter Factory, Helipad, Brewerkz, St James Power Station and more
                Cinemas - Cathay, Golden Village, Shaw, Eng Wah and more
                Cafes - Starbucks, The Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf ®, TCC, Spinelli, Coffee Club and more
                Online Shopping – Amazon.com, iTunes, ASOS, Gmarket SG and more

No more Bookstores!

Comment

DBS Altitude Visa Signature Card

http://www.dbs.com/sg/personal/cards...e/default.aspx

Comment

Is this affecting existing Altitude Amex holders?
                    I haven't received anything from them . I presume we can use the old cards with no issue?

Comment

DBS AMEX Altitude card still can use...the VISA one comes with 2 free priority pass entry at lounges, just like Citi Premiermiles card.

Comment

Bad news from DBS Singapore!!!!

WEF 01 JULY 2012, KRISFLYER/ASIA MILES REDEMPTION WILL BE IN BLOCKS OF 5000 DBS POINTS = 10000 MILES!!!

So this is how DBS rewards your loyalty to the DBS Altitude card!! Become same rates as UOB Singapore!! QUICK!! CUT YOUR DBS CARDS INTO 2!!

Comment

It certainly limits flexibility, but it doesn't minimise earning, right?

Comment

Bad news from DBS Singapore!!!!

WEF 01 JULY 2012, KRISFLYER/ASIA MILES REDEMPTION WILL BE IN BLOCKS OF 5000 DBS POINTS = 10000 MILES!!!

So this is how DBS rewards your loyalty to the DBS Altitude card!! Become same rates as UOB Singapore!! QUICK!! CUT YOUR DBS CARDS INTO 2!!
                            Pay $40/yr for the frequent flyer program and yet I can only transfer in blocks of 5000 DBS points ...... hmmmm

Comment

Originally posted by j.lin View Post
                              Pay $40/yr for the frequent flyer program and yet I can only transfer in blocks of 5000 DBS points ...... hmmmm
                              To reduce the number of times you transfer a year and make you spend more to create that block of miles. If you cannot create that block, basically your DBS points are worthless and create a lot of residue points "eaten up" by the bank. Eg: 8000 DBS points, last time can transfer to 16000 Miles, now 8000 DBS points can get 10000 miles only, 3000 DBS points either u waste it or redeem vouchers!

What are you waiting for? Cut that DBS credit card into 2 N.O.W!! (Just like UOB Singapore Cards, back in 2008)

Comment

Not cutting mine yet.

Unlike UOB, isn't it still giving out the most miles for local spending? Ok, fine, may be Citi Premier does the rounding better, but these DBS cards give out a lot of bonus points in return for their credit card fees (at more than half the rate to purchase miles from SQ). I may keep it just for the annual bonus and make sure I spend less than 25K on each.

Comment

Working...
                                X