No announcement yet.

SQ to open up Saver Award Inventory

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is welcome news indeed! It is now impossible to find saver seats in premium cabins on a considerable number of routes as the number of services going 77W/A380 have rapidly increased. I'd feared that there'd be no premium *A award availability ex-MEL when the A380 replaces the 744 (apart from the regional 773 flight which isn't so great for a red eye), so hopefully this is for real.
    All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

deleted
      Last edited by trekkie; 23 September 2010, 10:52 PM.

Comment

Would be a much overdue move and greatly appreciated. I agree that I only fully believe it when I see it, but the thought itself gives hope. I too was seeing the days where no more saver awards would be possible due to new product on all the routes I would want to redeem on. If they want to exclude R class fine but at least give us J on KF saver / *A awards.

Now availability will be a different story altogether

Comment

If enough people wish for it, it will happen!

Comment

so...ummm....this didn't happen, but can anyone confirm if saver availability is officially available on the other *A carriers booking on sq?

Comment

Originally posted by SQDoubter View Post
              so...ummm....this didn't happen, but can anyone confirm if saver availability is officially available on the other *A carriers booking on sq?
              Nope no partners except for LH M&M (on certain routes) has access to 77W/A380 J/F bookings. It's a shame really but I assume SQ will do it for a long time
              Summer holiday plans: Asia 09

Comment

SIA is printing too many KF miles with the advent of credit cards and other ways to earn points. I would to know how many KF miles are actually outstanding and how the balance has increased over time. I suggest that SIA cannot afford to open up too many extra routes for J Saver awards as they would be swamped with redemptions.

It seems like there are lots of J saver redemptions avaiable in developing countries where KF miles have yet to take off (for example India).

BTW below is the latest promotion for online bookings by SIA:

Enjoy 30% discount on miles required for an upgrade to the non-stop All-Business Class Flights between Singapore and Los Angeles
                From now to 31 January 2011, if you have a confirmed flight for travel on SQ12/SQ11 between Singapore and Los Angeles in Economy Class, you can enjoy a 30% discount on KrisFlyer miles required for redemption of an upgrade from your SQ12/11 flight to the non-stop All-Business Class flight SQ38/SQ37 for travel on Tuesdays or Wednesdays between 18 January - 23 February 2011.

Comment

i don't agree.

FYI, the last im aware, sq miles do expire 3 years from time of earning.

Comment

I would suggest that that there are now more KF miles avaialble now as more PAX joint and other through the increased partner offerings. The introduction of the Krisflyer Credit Card in Australia alone would have increaed the number of KF miles being earnt every month.

Comment

I would agree that there are more miles around, however I dont think they would end up having loads of people redeming J Awards if they opened them up across the book. QF is a lot worse than SQ for miles being available to people. The QFF which is free now if you join Woolies everyday rewards.

SQ getting rid of J Savers on 77W/A380 cabins happened before the Westpac Plat Card was introduced.

Also I am sure SQ would have considered the increased amount of miles due to the increase of the KF card vs the money they are getting from Westpac and whether it was worth it or not etc.

Comment

There must be billions of star alliance miles out there.

Comment

Originally posted by Gunners View Post
                          There must be billions of star alliance miles out there.
                          You only have to look at AsiaMiles as a comparison and see that KF is still quite mean in the way you can earn points.

AM has a huge list of restaurants and retail outlets where miles can be earned directly......on top of the miles/points earned when you then pay with your credit card.

Ok, so everyone does Car Rentals, Hotels, Telecommunications, Credit Cards etc. but AM also has in its list an online (iStore) store with links to hundreds of websites mostly in the UK or US (a lot in China where you can buy shoes from HKD30, plain t-shirts from HKD10, toys and stationary from HKD2 etc.).

Talk about giving away miles easily. You earn anywhere from 0.5 to 10miles per USD1 depending on the 'store' you buy from. I wouldn't say SQ is printing too many miles.

Comment

It is not that difficult for an individual PAX to earn over 150,0000 miles per annum.

There has been a lot of discussion on SQTALK about SIA not allowing redemptions on certain routes to other Star Alliance Members. I have not seen the figures but I would guess that the number of Star Alliance miles are on the increase every year with more airlines joining *A and increasing members joining each airlines FFP.

SIA obviously differentiate its redemption avaialbiity by prodcut with J saver redemptions not available on routes flown by certain types of aircraft. I would suggest overtime it will become more difficut to redeem J saver awards unless SIA changes its policy on redemption on certain types of equipment which only standard redemptions are available. Many airlines themsleves value each point at less than one tenth of a cent in their own financial statements.

I undertand that other FFP are more generious in partnership programs and earning points which have in effect devaluated their FFP due to lack of redemptions. Other airlines such as QANTAS and EMIRATES allow redemptions on a range of products.

I believe that over time that the *A FFP will become less valuable for the individual PAX as the number of star alliance points in cyber space will continue to increase and the product availabiliy remains limited. Even today a lot of my business associates have difficulty redeeming KF miles out of Sydney and Melbourne.

Movever, there have been many posts on SQTALK complaining about the lack of J Saver awards the inability to redeem accrued milage. I am lucky that SIA is still flying A330s out of Brisbane and can reedem.

Comment

A380's and 777w's are only new for so long......

Comment

Working...
                              X