SQ to open up Saver Award Inventory

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SQ to open up Saver Award Inventory

I had a reprotection case with BMI and I was told by one senior officer that BMI/*A is expecting to finalize the new agreement with Singapore Airlines regarding enhanced access to award seats by the end of August.

Expect to see saver awards on J (A380/77W) latest in September and also access to those seats from other *A partners.

This will bring back some value to KF/PPS - a good move from SQ!

Good news.

I hope, as I'm sure many others too, Saver awards in new J and F would also be available to KF members, not just bmi and *A from Sept.
    F all the way. Settle for J. Usually whY. Sigh.

Comment

*touch wood*

This would be very welcome news indeed.

Comment

I can only hope this is true. I have heaps of mileage and can't spend them on the routes I use

Comment

Keeping my fingers crossed.

The number of routes I can now use saver J on is shrinking fast.

Comment

Its surely bound to happen as the old products are slowly refurbished with the new ones.

Good news for me too since the amount of miles I have are rather limited.

Comment

Originally posted by SMK77 View Post
              ......I was told by one senior officer that BMI/*A is expecting to finalize the new agreement with Singapore Airlines regarding enhanced access to award seats by the end of August.

Expect to see saver awards on J (A380/77W) latest in September and also access to those seats from other *A partners......
              SQ can simply open up I class inventory. Why a new agreement? This sounds more like an enhancement where you can use double miles for standard awards using partner miles.

Comment

Originally posted by concept|infinit View Post
                Its surely bound to happen...

Comment

Originally posted by milehighj View Post
                  I mean surely SQ was going to open up Saver Awards for the new products, now that they're not so new anymore.

Or at least that's what I thought..

Comment

I mean surely SQ was going to open up Saver Awards for the new products, now that they're not so new anymore.

Or at least that's what I thought..

I think that SQ has to cater both KF and *A - saver awards are gone on so many routes now and I think customers are not happy about it. The moment they open it for KF, they have to give them to *A as well.

SQ has tried to sell certain seats (A380/77W) for higher prices to *A and I hope that they won't be successful in the end... We'll see in September.

Comment

...SQ has tried to sell certain seats (A380/77W) for higher prices to *A and I hope that they won't be successful in the end... We'll see in September.
                      That may not be a bad thing.

Many airlines, including SQ, have multi-tier award structure now. It is not a stretch to have the same for Star Alliance partner awards. I think it is better to have the option of redeeming more miles in exchange for better availability.

Comment

I disagree with your logic that being "not so new anymore", this would lead SQ to open up Saver Awards...

SQ has made a concerted effort to devalue Krisflyer miles by introducing the Standard and Full tiers, and had business not been so badly affected by the global downturn, there would be no sniff of them ever allowing Saver redemptions for the new products. Personally, I'll believe it when it's official.

Comment

SQ's new Business Seats are still way sexier than anything else on *A.

Comment

Originally posted by milehighj View Post
                            I disagree with your logic that being "not so new anymore", this would lead SQ to open up Saver Awards...

SQ has made a concerted effort to devalue Krisflyer miles by introducing the Standard and Full tiers, and had business not been so badly affected by the global downturn, there would be no sniff of them ever allowing Saver redemptions for the new products. Personally, I'll believe it when it's official.
                            I would think that "not so new anymore" logic is SQ's logic together with "we don't offer anything else anymore" that leads them to open up saver awards. If people cannot reach any awards/upgrades anymore, they will not only use different FFPs but they will also fly different airlines.

Comment

I would think that "not so new anymore" logic is SQ's logic together with "we don't offer anything else anymore" that leads them to open up saver awards. If people cannot reach any awards/upgrades anymore, they will not only use different FFPs but they will also fly different airlines.
                              SMK77, it's the "not so new anymore" bit I totally disagree with.

The second bit where you say that the devalued Krisflyer miles (and PPS Club) no longer serve as an incentive to fly SQ makes perfect sense.

When things were all good 2-3 years ago, SQ arrogantly thought that by having the best service, seats and aircraft (which they arguably do) was enough that they could devalue Krisflyer and PPS Club as unnecessary, expensive cost centres.

In all probability, they looked back to the pre-Krisflyer and pre-Passages days when they did just fine without a costly mileage programme where they have to give free flights and upgrades to customers!!

But in these challenging times, they are learning that they need all the tools and tricks in the box to compete for passengers, and loyalty programmes like Krisflyer and PPS are part and parcel of the deal.

Comment

Working...
                              X