Nice Email From Kris Flyer: Easing of EG Renewal Criteria

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nice Email From Kris Flyer: Easing of EG Renewal Criteria

With a 1st Qtr company travel ban, I was really getting concerned that I would be unable to renew my Elite Gold status (lost my PPS last year) when it ends in June. I was resigned to paying for a mileage run or some such...

Anyway, I got an email from KF yesterday telling me that they will allow me to renew with just one additional flight between now and my expiry date, without needing to finish my 50K ( I would be a little bit short on present plans)

As I am on a trip now, and heading home, maybe this will count for me, beut even so, I will be flying with Sing late rin the month.

I thought it was pretty nice of them

Dave

Congrats on re-qualifying for *G.

Comment

Congratulations!

Comment

Originally posted by Dave1w View Post
        With a 1st Qtr company travel ban, I was really getting concerned that I would be unable to renew my Elite Gold status (lost my PPS last year) when it ends in June. I was resigned to paying for a mileage run or some such...

Anyway, I got an email from KF yesterday telling me that they will allow me to renew with just one additional flight between now and my expiry date, without needing to finish my 50K ( I would be a little bit short on present plans)

As I am on a trip now, and heading home, maybe this will count for me, beut even so, I will be flying with Sing late rin the month.

Dave
        I got the email too. But not sure if I would go for it as my next travel is in August. I don't know if I would do a mileage run costing a minimum of $200, not to mention the extra planning and leave taking needed.... Should I?
        Last edited by EWR; 9 May 2009, 03:18 PM.

Comment

As an aside, by "one additional flight", does it have to be a round trip?

Comment

How many qualifying miles are you sitting on when you received the email?

Comment

Originally posted by fone View Post
              My status has been reset last month. but why does that matter - they will renew my status with any mile-accruable SQ flight, it seems. Not sure if that includes ow though.

Comment

Originally posted by fone View Post
                About 42000. I have returned back to Sing, and sent an email to ask if that flight counts?
                Yet to hear, but woudl have a Sing or Silkair fligh tin the meantime anyway

Cheers
                Dave

Comment

Hi! I am assuming that the nice email from KF was not solicited ... which makes me wonder if those emails are sent just before the expiry months are up?

Comment

it was sent after, in my case

Comment

Not really on the topic, but close...

I just saw my dad's account and he is about 300+ miles away from Gold requalification. Would have requalified outright if he had flown on a trans con when he was in US recently, but he wanted to avoid the "infected" areas, so strictly business and go (somehow companies in SG have mandatory 7 days leave if you visit "infected" areas). I gave KF a call and they said they should be able to do something about that, just call back 1 week before the expiry of the current gold status.

So for those of you who are close, why not give them a call and see what they say.

Comment

Dave
                        Having the same situation like you compnay travel ban and received the kind mail from krisflyer.

Had just completed my trip and sharing the information here. For my case it was on sector basis. My second sector was calculated for the new qualification.

1 more year of KF gold
                        cheers

Comment

Hi Yauee,
                          Did your renewal show up on your account immediately?

Cheers
                          Dave

Comment

Hi Yauee,
                            Did your renewal show up on your account immediately?

Cheers
                            Dave
                            it show after 2 weeks of the flight and they even recount the qualification. They take out my second sector and count as new qualification mile for next 12 months

Comment

Originally posted by yauee View Post
                              it show after 2 weeks of the flight and they even recount the qualification. They take out my second sector and count as new qualification mile for next 12 months
                              Congrats Yauee! Glad things work out well for you.

Comment

Working...
                              X