No announcement yet.

SQ Softening Up on PPS Qualification: Courtesy Requalification

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another data point: my QPP membership expired at end August 2009, and I had accumulated all of S$1,900 in PPSV (flown in the first week of August 2008). My company's travel policies have changed, and I've not been flying biz class anymore (even on Y, my accumulation over the last 12 months was under 25k). Still my PPS Club membership was renewed for another year. The lounge access does come in handy - I do fly frequently, but shot hops to CGK primarily now.

Comment

Originally posted by 259850 View Post
      Another data point: my QPP membership expired at end August 2009, and I had accumulated all of S$1,900 in PPSV (flown in the first week of August 2008). My company's travel policies have changed, and I've not been flying biz class anymore (even on Y, my accumulation over the last 12 months was under 25k). Still my PPS Club membership was renewed for another year. The lounge access does come in handy - I do fly frequently, but shot hops to CGK primarily now.
      How much business have you given to them in Economy in the last 12 months? Did you qualify for an upgrade voucher?

I am under the impression that SQ is factoring this in for their decisions to extend PPS.

Your total financial value increases:
      - the more paid flights you take (Business & First are reflected in your PPS Value but Economy also makes them money and could be tracked)
      - the more redemptions and upgrades from other *A partner you do on SQ

Comment

Another data point: my QPP membership expired at end August 2009, and I had accumulated all of S$1,900 in PPSV (flown in the first week of August 2008).....
        That's shocking! Sounds like SQ is extending PPS to all renewals.

Comment

Including some non-mileage accruable 2-to-go cheapies, I doubt I've spent more than $7,000 in the last 12 months - really if I had started anew, I may not even have made Elite Silver. All the more reason I was [pleasantly] shocked by the renewal.

Maybe the facts that I do fly SQ at least once a month, have a Singapore home base, and purchase primarily through a corporate travel program made the difference.

Comment

Including some non-mileage accruable 2-to-go cheapies, I doubt I've spent more than $7,000 in the last 12 months - really if I had started anew, I may not even have made Elite Silver. All the more reason I was [pleasantly] shocked by the renewal.

Maybe the facts that I do fly SQ at least once a month, have a Singapore home base, and purchase primarily through a corporate travel program made the difference.
            At least once a month and only 7.000 SDG? You must be a very local travler. I am spending 2.000 SGD on my flight to London alone (upgraded with my special upgrade voucher).

Comment

Yup, it is the KUL/CGK daytrips for me.

Comment

SMK77, it's hardly unusual... there are plenty of frequent flyers who do short-medium hauls regionally with no need to go long-haul unless for holidays. I didn't start collecting Boarding Passes until last August, now the travel pouch I keep them in can't fit all the BPs of my flights in the last year! I'd say 95% of them are all short-medium haul.

Comment

Another data point: my QPP membership expired at end August 2009, and I had accumulated all of S$1,900 in PPSV (flown in the first week of August 2008). My company's travel policies have changed, and I've not been flying biz class anymore (even on Y, my accumulation over the last 12 months was under 25k). Still my PPS Club membership was renewed for another year.
                  My QPP1 expires end Oct '09. I have so far S$16k, 9 short for QPP2, and sadly will not put any PPSValue next month. I'm curious to see if they will re-qualify me on their courtesy.

Comment

Originally posted by N_Architect View Post
                    My QPP1 expires end Oct '09. I have so far S$16k, 9 short for QPP2, and sadly will not put any PPSValue next month. I'm curious to see if they will re-qualify me on their courtesy.
                    Keep us posted - did you give them any other revenue (Y flights, *A redemptions)?

Comment

Originally posted by SMK77 View Post
                      Keep us posted - did you give them any other revenue (Y flights, *A redemptions)?
                      PPS status expires tomorrow. KF web still indicates my PPS expiry date is 2009-10-31. In the last 12 months I gave them few Y and C/J flights, both on LH and A3 metal, but no *A redemptions.

I also have some 21k points from this special mktg promo they ran on May/June (i.e. needed another flight to get the free upgrade from 08/2009 onwards), but that's not really relevant for PPS re-qualification.

I guess PPS diary will also not be coming either (well, that's what conventional logic dictates).

Comment

Don't worry mate - I'm sure they'll let you keep your status.

Comment

Originally posted by N_Architect View Post
                          PPS status expires tomorrow.
                          If you log on now and it's still showing you as PPS, then they've given you another year. Expect the letter confirming it in the next few weeks.

Comment

You may well be right. Thanks, MAN F.

Comment

My predicaments are exactly the same as yours N_Architect.

However, it says that

The card expiry date on the Elite membership card is 1 month after Elite tier expiry date. For more information please click here
                              The card expiry date for the PPS Club membership card is 1 month after PPS Club tier expiry date.

... does that mean I'll have to wait another month before I can confirm the extention?

Comment

Originally posted by sQchap View Post
                                ... does that mean I'll have to wait another month before I can confirm the extention?
                                Not necessarily. If it hasn't reset online you have probably got another year, and may get the letter in less than a month.

Comment

Working...
                                X