SQ Softening Up on PPS Qualification: Courtesy Requalification

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LionCity View Post
    SQ should revisit this issue regarding LPPS and also retroactively particularly for those who were close to LPPS but were "killed off" by the changes.
    This will make philipat happy.

Comment

SQ on renewal of PPS. Not much as usual.
      -------------------------------Dear Mr XXXX

Thank you for your email to KrisFlyer Membership Services regarding re-qualification of PPS Club membership. We apologise for the delay in our response to you.

We appreciate the time you took to share feedback with us on the re-qualification of PPS Club membership during this economic downturn.

Singapore Airlines recognizes that it may be difficult for members to meet the re-qualification criteria due to the current economic climate. Although there is currently no plan to relax the re-qualification criteria for PPS Club membership, please be assured that we are reviewing members' accounts on a case-by-case during this period and will assist members as much as possible when their qualification approaches.

Mr XXXX, thank you for taking the time to write to us. We hope for your continued support for Singapore Airlines and look forward to your next travel with us soon

Comment

Originally posted by QPPS flyer 2 View Post

Thank you for your email to KrisFlyer Membership Services regarding re-qualification of PPS Club membership. We apologise for the delay in our response to you.

We appreciate the time you took to share feedback with us on the re-qualification of PPS Club membership during this economic downturn.

Singapore Airlines recognizes that it may be difficult for members to meet the re-qualification criteria due to the current economic climate. Although there is currently no plan to relax the re-qualification criteria for PPS Club membership, please be assured that we are reviewing members' accounts on a case-by-case during this period and will assist members as much as possible when their qualification approaches.

Mr XXXX, thank you for taking the time to write to us. We hope for your continued support for Singapore Airlines and look forward to your next travel with us soon
        So they didn't give you a courtesy requalification?

Comment

I was generally enquiring about PPS requalifications softening....
          I am requalified already...Did suggest however in reply that they re instate the solitaire status after 5 years...Although don't expect much on that side.

Comment

I was generally enquiring about PPS requalifications softening....
            I am requalified already...Did suggest however in reply that they re instate the solitaire status after 5 years...Although don't expect much on that side.
            i am not sure what you are referencing with respect to reinstating. i don't ever think that 5 consecutive years of QPP qualification meant TPP status. TPP status is still attainable with 250,000 SGD in PPS value within a 5 year period

Comment

I think QPPS flyer 2 is probably referring to the 250 PPS sector requirement under the old system, i.e. 10 years.

Comment

If you were only asking generally what did you expect? SQ would never admit to an unpublished softening. They would only say something if the official (published) criteria has changed.

Comment

Thanks for clarifying. I had the wrong impression re TPP qualification pre 2007. The 250 sectors is what I meant...

To Kiwi, these questions are never completely general. Although it might not be applicable at this specific moment. My status currently expires in Dec 09. Not too sure whether should go extra mile to re-qualify again. This softening confirmation is therefore useful for me.

Comment

A lot can happen between now and December. Why on earth would SQ commit to something this far ahead of your anniversary?

Comment

Originally posted by Ex-SIN View Post
                      My TPP will expire at the end of April under the existing PPSV criteria, with only SGD15,000 on the books. Let's see what they do -- will they downgrade me to QPP (as they have every right to under the current rules) or will they renew my TPP? Will post an update when I find out! FYI, based on the old sector count criteria, I would have (just!) re-qualified for TPP.
                      I have just checked on-line, and they have renewed my TPP status for another year.

Comment

Originally posted by Ex-SIN View Post
                        I have just checked on-line, and they have renewed my TPP status for another year.
                        Congrats. Hope they will do sometime also for those who have requalified by the new PPS Value system. Anyway, it is good that they are reviewing the scenario and have taken appropiate and positive actions for those who don't requalify.

Comment

In case anyone is interested: I had around SGD20,500 in PPS value as of my PPS requalifcation deadline (31 July 2009), and when I checked my account today, I requalified nevertheless.

Dunno if it's of any relevance in the re-qualification process, but I had unconfirmed business class tickets to Perth and Zurich at the relevant time. In any case, the trips are definitely happening this month, and it's nice to have a headstart of SGD8,000 in my PPS account in the first month

There is a PPS God after all...

Originally posted by LionCity View Post
                          Congrats. Hope they will do sometime also for those who have requalified by the new PPS Value system. Anyway, it is good that they are reviewing the scenario and have taken appropiate and positive actions for those who don't requalify.

Comment

Sorry for being ignorant, but what exactly is QPPS, TPPS etc? I thought there's only Elite Silver, Elite Gold and PPS.

Comment

QPP is the basic PPS tier, which requires SGD25,000 in PPS Value every year

TPP is Solitaire PPS, which gives you some additional benefits. You need SGD250,000 in PPS Value over 5 consecutive years to qualify, and SGD25,000 every year to re-qualify

Trust that helps.

Originally posted by benlee View Post
                              Sorry for being ignorant, but what exactly is QPPS, TPPS etc? I thought there's only Elite Silver, Elite Gold and PPS.

Comment

Originally posted by starrynight000 View Post
                                QPP is the basic PPS tier, which requires SGD25,000 in PPS Value every year

TPP is Solitaire PPS, which gives you some additional benefits. You need SGD250,000 in PPS Value over 5 consecutive years to qualify, and SGD25,000 every year to re-qualify

Trust that helps.
                                I see. Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                                X