Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Redeem KF miles for infant

Hi All,

Do you get a discount(10% of the miles) when redeeming a flight for infants? Or is it full miles? Can it be done online?

Cheers!

AFAIK there is no infant discount for KF award redemptions.
    Also, award redemptions for children must be made together with redemption of an adult so that you can enjoy the current online redemption discounts.
    Redemption for a child traveling alone can't be made online.

Is 'Congratulations' in order, SuperJonJon?

Comment

Originally posted by StarG View Post
      AFAIK there is no infant discount for KF award redemptions.
      Also, award redemptions for children must be made together with redemption of an adult so that you can enjoy the current online redemption discounts.
      Redemption for a child traveling alone can't be made online.

Is 'Congratulations' in order, SuperJonJon?
      Thanks for your swift reply, StarG. The above question was asked on behalf of my cousin.

As to "Congratulations",

Comment

If you are planning to fly with an infant (0-2 years), and do not require a seat for him/her (i.e. lap baby + bassinet), there is no need to redeem KF miles. Make the KF redemption online for the adults (to take advantage of the online discounts), and then call SQ reservations (not KF membership) to add an infant booking to the ticketed itinerary. You would have to pay 10% of the full fare for the segments booked + any applicable airport taxes (reminder: they will need to see the credit card you used to buy the infant ticket when you check in even though the adult tickets are paid with miles). This often comes out to be only slightly more than the ridiculously high fuel surcharges you get charged on a normal redemption booking and you get to save all your miles. SQ reservations will waive the phone ticketing fees in this instance as you are not able to add an infant booking online when redeeming miles. This is a straightforward process which I've done 4 times over the last one year (3x with SQ and 1x with MI).

If you do want a seat for the infant however (in which case you need to bring a carseat to secure the infant to the seat), then I guess you have to make a redemption for a child ticket.

Comment

It seems from doing some dummy bookings on singaporeair.com that infants are charged 100% of the adult fare in business class (at least on some routes). Is it definitely possible to pay 10% of the fare for an infant when adults are travelling on an award flight in business?

Comment

Yes, it is. I've done it several times before already. However, you cannot book an infant fare online if you're not also booking an adult fare at the same time -- you have to call an SQ office to do so.
            Last edited by Ex-SIN; 18 March 2009, 09:50 AM. Reason: The SQ website now accepts infant bookings when booked together with an adult (except if using the multi-city option).

Comment

Originally posted by SuperJonJon View Post
              As to "Congratulations",
              A big congratulations to you and Mrs. SuperJonJon!

Comment

What StarG said...

Congrats, my friend!!
                HUGE AL

Comment

Originally posted by HUGE AL View Post
                  What StarG said...

Congrats, my friend!!

Thanks, guys!!

Comment

Thanks, guys!!
                    that is wonderful news SuperJonJon. BIG congrats!

Comment

Congrats indeed, SuperJonJon.
                      All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

Huge congratulations SuperJonJon, I think this deserves a new thread!

Comment

You're one fast worker, SJJ . Congrats

Comment

Originally posted by taipeiflyer View Post
                            that is wonderful news SuperJonJon. BIG congrats!
                            Originally posted by KeithMEL View Post
                            Congrats indeed, SuperJonJon.
                            Originally posted by Kyo View Post
                            Huge congratulations SuperJonJon, I think this deserves a new thread!
                            Originally posted by SQFAN View Post
                            You're one fast worker, SJJ . Congrats
                            Singapore / Singaporeans are known to very efficient and have a high productivity rate.

Thanks for all the well wishes!

Comment

Singapore / Singaporeans are known to very efficient and have a high productivity rate.
                              HUGE AL

Comment

Working...
                              X