Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

One year after PPS Changes. Any comments? Suggestions? Expectations?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SQTalk sent greetings for my birthday, SQ did not not... (LH did!)

No welcome present for PPS anymore...

Crappy luggage tags... Love my red LH SEN ones...

And still no access to the Private Room for redemtion tickets... Loved the FCT in FRA last week :-)

Comment

I was chatting with a friend, and my friend was short about SGD2,000 PPSV by the end of September. And now my friend was demoted to Elite Silver. A soft landing?

Comment

I'll be short of SGD800 PPSV by the end of Dec so will my status downgrade from Solitarie to PPS? Or from Solitarie down to Elite Gold?

I had thought of about the mileage run from SIN, but not enough PPSV if I just go a day trip to KUL, it has to be at least to BKK or CGK...!

Comment

Originally posted by SQTalker View Post
          I'll be short of SGD800 PPSV by the end of Dec so will my status downgrade from Solitarie to PPS? Or from Solitarie down to Elite Gold?

I had thought of about the mileage run from SIN, but not enough PPSV if I just go a day trip to KUL, it has to be at least to BKK or CGK...!
          My SIN-CGK-SIN in F got me almost SGD 1,000.

Comment

You will be downgraded to PPS (QPP) not Elite Gold.

Comment

I'll be in similar boat (short by 100 by my calcs no thanks to what seems to be an error in 2 April flights' PPSV but KF refuses to admit it), but my status will expire sooner. I'll let you know how it goes.

Comment

Did you try to talk to them to maintain your status? In uncertain times like this, SQ might serious consider continuing your TPPS status particularly if you have some confirmed bookings for dates after your expiry date?

Comment

Originally posted by LionCity View Post
                  Did you try to talk to them to maintain your status? In uncertain times like this, SQ might serious consider continuing your TPPS status particularly if you have some confirmed bookings for dates after your expiry date?
                  Yes, I did tried & of course they weren't entertaining my request. My next confirm booking is in Mar 2009 so they just said it's not acceptable when my TPPS status will expire by Dec 2008.

I had seen it they had done this special arrangement after Sep 11 in 2001 but not after the S.A.R.S. in 2003 so my impression was SQ is more towards looking for $$$ & they won't be any exceptions to be entertained anymore.

Comment

Yes, I did tried & of course they weren't entertaining my request. My next confirm booking is in Mar 2009 so they just said it's not acceptable when my TPPS status will expire by Dec 2008.

I had seen it they had done this special arrangement after Sep 11 in 2001 but not after the S.A.R.S. in 2003 so my impression was SQ is more towards looking for $$$ & they won't be any exceptions to be entertained anymore.
                    Sad to hear this for just SGD 800. They seems more receptive to those that are on the borderline cases for EG though. It may be that they expect you to work harder to achieving the $25K for the next SQ PPS Year to return to TPPS. Yes, it is pity they are quite cold and they seems to have the same approach in staff retention or retrenchment according to some friends working for the airline. $$$ rules the day and willing to risk losing a long term customer for some buck savings/exclusivity.

Comment

• PPS = god like treatment??

Well, I did not want to start a new thread, just to share an experience on SQ 378, Singapore to Milan.....

I check in and knowing that I was assigned 18k for the return, I requested that the check in counter change my seat to 14A for my return leg.... a click of a few buttons on the keyboard, she told me done.... simple....

Then on the flight, the Chief Stewardess in charge of the cabin came to me after take off. Introduced herself and welcome me onboard the flight. Told me if I needed anything, just ask her. She then walked back to another passenger, apparently also a PPS member, did the same.

This does not happened very often. Let's see when I take my return flight if the Chief will come by.
                      This is a computer generated message, no signature required....

Comment

• Originally posted by kapitan View Post
                        PPS = god like treatment??

Well, I did not want to start a new thread, just to share an experience on SQ 378, Singapore to Milan.....

I check in and knowing that I was assigned 18k for the return, I requested that the check in counter change my seat to 14A for my return leg.... a click of a few buttons on the keyboard, she told me done.... simple....

Then on the flight, the Chief Stewardess in charge of the cabin came to me after take off. Introduced herself and welcome me onboard the flight. Told me if I needed anything, just ask her. She then walked back to another passenger, apparently also a PPS member, did the same.

This does not happened very often. Let's see when I take my return flight if the Chief will come by.

On a recent flight to Hong Kong on SQ2, the LSS stopped by every pax and greeted with her name flight details and thank you for flying Singapore airlines.

I wonder if its a new practice?

Comment

• Originally posted by wdranne View Post
                          On a recent flight to Hong Kong on SQ2, the LSS stopped by every pax and greeted with her name flight details and thank you for flying Singapore airlines.

I assume this was in First? Can't imagine an LSS going through the whole Y cabin and greeting each pax one by one.
                          And LSS doesn't usually serve in J.

Comment

• Originally posted by kapitan View Post
                            And just as I was thinking who this Michael Foxtrot is who bumped me off my seat on my return leg to SIN... Damn these QPPSs...

Comment

• Originally posted by StarG View Post
                              I assume this was in First? Can't imagine an LSS going through the whole Y cabin and greeting each pax one by one.
                              And LSS doesn't usually serve in J.
                              Yeah. It was F. It kind of took me by surprise as I have never received such greeting on any flight up front.

Comment

• Originally posted by wdranne View Post
                                Yeah. It was F. It kind of took me by surprise as I have never received such greeting on any flight up front.

I think it has been done before - but never consistently.
                                Not sure if it is a new practice, but I think it is a nice touch.

Comment

Working...
                                X