Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

One year after PPS Changes. Any comments? Suggestions? Expectations?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by milehighj View Post
    Received the PPS Club eNews, October - November 2008 today. No sign of additional breaking news, good or otherwise...
    Right. But it did prompt me to follow up one last time on the ridiculously low PPS Value I was credited back in April. It seems I may no longer be PPS soon.

Comment

Originally posted by milehighj View Post
      Received the PPS Club eNews, October - November 2008 today. No sign of additional breaking news, good or otherwise...
      You and StarG would not be affected by the soon-to-be-announce-enhancement IMHO. Both of you seems traveling in premium class for long haul.

Originally posted by Kiwi View Post
      Right. But it did prompt me to follow up one last time on the ridiculously low PPS Value I was credited back in April. It seems I may no longer be PPS soon.
      Just noticed my PPSV has been zeroed out today. Back to zero again.

Comment

Quite frankly I don't give a damm about PPS any longer even though I'll be re-qualifying. Now these days my main purpose of flying SQ is for the product they are capable of providing. So far this year, I've banked almost all my SQ travel mileages to my Aeroplan account for both status and award miles.
        My Past, Present, Future Flights (Flights from March 2007 to Present to Future)

Comment

Originally posted by SQ LPP View Post
          You and StarG would not be affected by the soon-to-be-announce-enhancement IMHO. Both of you seems traveling in premium class for long haul.
          Sounds like a PPS benefit that Y passengers have now, will soon be lost...
          ?access to SKL
          ?checkin at J counters
          ?priority luggage tags

According to my online SQ account, my PPS has expired as of 30 Sep 08, and I'm in the so called "grace period" where my actual PPS card is due to expire end Oct 08. I have my last trip (for a while, I suspect...) next week to DPS via SIN in Y. Hopefully the enhancement won't be brought in in time to affect me SQ LPP, otherwise I'll be almighty pissed of with SQ

Comment

Originally posted by Rejuvenated View Post
            Now these days my main purpose of flying SQ is for the product they are capable of providing.
            So far this year, I've banked almost all my SQ travel mileages to my Aeroplan account for both status and award miles.
            Yup. The consistent and a better product is an appeal by itself to fly SQ. And yet a double dipping possibility is a bonus - meaning the miles can be credited to other FFP which in turn will give a result of a status in other FFP.

Comment

Originally posted by kpc View Post
              Sounds like a PPS benefit that Y passengers have now, will soon be lost...
              ?access to SKL
              ?checkin at J counters
              ?priority luggage tags
              I don't think those will be affected.

According to my online SQ account, my PPS has expired as of 30 Sep 08, and I'm in the so called "grace period" where my actual PPS card is due to expire end Oct 08.
              I have a friend who has the same qualification period as yours. And I wonder when the account would be zeroed out. Perhaps because of the holiday, it took longer to do reset.

I have my last trip (for a while, I suspect...) next week to DPS via SIN in Y. Hopefully the enhancement won't be brought in in time to affect me ...
              Next week, I pray it would not happen then. The starting date of the minor enhancement has been postponed.

Comment

I don't think it is a privilege that a normal *G carries that will be affected.
                Then again, only our SQ LPP knows and he seems unwilling to share.

Comment

Originally posted by StarG View Post
                  I don't think that is an accurate reflection as there may be extenuating circumstances. SQ LPP is one who shares; unlike others around who are baiters/trollers.

Comment

Hopefully the enhancement won't be brought in in time to affect me SQ LPP, otherwise I'll be almighty pissed of with SQ
                    Well these days I view SIA as an excellent carrier with a lousy loyalty program. Still I'll take this over Shark Fin (green monster brushwing airline) Carrier's downhill F catering & service and disasterous overall J product (new seat, meals, service).

Correction to my previous post: I have actually credited "all" my SQ mileages to my Aeropan account thus far this year.
                    My Past, Present, Future Flights (Flights from March 2007 to Present to Future)

Comment

Originally posted by SQFAN View Post
                      SQ LPP is one who shares; unlike others around who are baiters/trollers.
                      Sharing should be a two-way street though unlike some who seem to think otherwise. Bravo to SQ LPP for not minding but others just can't be arsed to spell it out anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by StarG View Post
                        I don't think it is a privilege that a normal *G carries that will be affected.
                        It's true that the normal *G benefits would not be affected.
                        Not that I am unwilling to share. But I would rather play it safe this time around. Perhaps SQ would reconsider the decision.

If everyone here thinks I am reluctant in sharing, I have other stuff that I have to keep it for myself at the moment. I will just watch from the side line.

I know I am grounded for long. Perhaps I should rethink again of my leave of absence from the forum here.
                        Will see how the weekend going by!

Comment

...I have other stuff that I have to keep it for myself at the moment.
                          Man, that's the good stuff!
                          HUGE AL

Comment

Originally posted by HUGE AL View Post
                            Man, that's the good stuff!
                            Yes! In the spirit of unwilling to share, of course!

Comment

If only I had enough smileys to indicate how much in the spirit of joking I was when I posted the last message.
                              Of course SQ LPP is one who shares, that's why I was sad that it is not the case for this 'new enhancement' which has kept some of us in suspense.

Hope you all have a nice, lighthearted weekend.

Comment

I don't think those will be affected. ....
                                Hmmm, let me guess. SQ will not take away *G privileges, SKL access is still available, that leaves guaranteed Y reservation, use of VS Clubhouse and 25% tier mileage bonus. I wonder which one will go away?

Comment

Working...
                                X