• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

With my Hilton Gold, I've stayed so far in:

(i) Hilton Nagoya - upgrade to an executive room with access to the lounge

(ii) Hilton Columbo - upgrade to an executive room

(iii) Conrad Dublin - free breakfast

I'm pretty pleased given the Hilton Gold is a freebie.

Comment

Originally posted by upright man View Post
      Ok, that's understandable I suppose.
      Well, I'm considering staying at a Hilton for my next holiday, and I'll see whether this HH Gold is of any value at all.
      If i was given HH Gold, I may make an effort to use it as well. I guess its all about maximising the benefits.

Comment

A different version

Received the Hilton HHonors Gold VIP Card in my mailbox today, via Asia Miles. Never stayed in Hilton hotels before, but have booked a stay in Hilton Aneheim in August (work purpose)

Here's the letter:
        Dear Mr. YK@HKG,

Earn up to 5,000 Bonus Asia Miles and enjoy Hilton HHonors VIP privileges.

Welcome to instant Hilton HHonors Gold VIP status, an elite membership level that normally takes 16 stays or 36 nights during a 12-month consecutive period to acquire.

Enjoy Points and Miles. Only Hilton HHonors allows you to earn both Asia Miles and HHonors points for the same hotel stay.

Enjoy exclusive privileges. As an HHonor Gold VIP member, you can enjoy space-available upgraded accomodations and/or amenities and additional HHonors point bonuses. What's more, there is no hotel reward blackout dates. See the enclosed brochure for complete details.

Earn up to 5,000 Bonus Asia Miles and 5,000 HHonors bonus points..
        Activate your membership at HiltonHHonors.com/vipie and complete four qualifying stays by 31 October 2008, to earn big bonuses.

1st stay -- 500 Asia Miles & Hilton HHonors bonus points.
        2nd stay -- 1,000 Asia Miles & Hilton HHonors bonus points.
        3rd stay -- 1,500 Asia Miles & Hilton HHonors bonus points.
        4th stay -- 2,000 Asia Miles & Hilton HHonors bonus points.
        Total -- 5000 Asia Miles & Hilton HHonors bonus points.

For reservations, visit HHonors.com or call local Hilton Reservations and Customer Care (refer to the back of your HHonors membership card). Please provide your Asia Miles membership number and HHonors account number when making your reservations.

Yours Sincerely,
        Steve Rackstraw
        Manager Member Services
        Asia Miles

Adam Burke
        Senior Vice President, Customer Loyalty
        Hilton HHonors Worldwide

P.S. If you're already an HHonor member, please contact Hilton Reservation and Customer Care so that your account can be updated to qualify for this special offer.
        Last edited by YK@HKG; 10 June 2008, 05:48 PM.

Comment

Ok, that's understandable I suppose.
          Well, I'm considering staying at a Hilton for my next holiday, and I'll see whether this HH Gold is of any value at all.
          It was great value when I had it.
          1) Hilton Garden Inn & Doubletree LAX - Free Brekkies
          2) Conrad SIN - From exec floor to corner 1-bd suite
          3) Hilton KUL - Normal room to exec floor room with lounge access
          4) Hilton ADL - Normal room to President Suite! No kidding! That room is the size of my apartment

Comment

Originally posted by YK@HKG View Post
            Received the Hilton HHonors Gold VIP Card in my mailbox today, via Asia Miles. Never stayed in Hilton hotels before, but have booked a stay in Hilton Aneheim in August (work purpose)

Here's the letter:
            Dear Mr. YK@HKG,

Earn up to 5,000 Bonus Asia Miles and enjoy Hilton HHonors VIP privileges.

Welcome to instant Hilton HHonors Gold VIP status, an elite membership level that normally takes 16 stays or 36 nights during a 12-month consecutive period to acquire.

Enjoy Points and Miles. Only Hilton HHonors allows you to earn both Asia Miles and HHonors points for the same hotel stay.

Enjoy exclusive privileges. As an HHonor Gold VIP member, you can enjoy space-available upgraded accomodations and/or amenities and additional HHonors point bonuses. What's more, there is no hotel reward blackout dates. See the enclosed brochure for complete details.

Earn up to 5,000 Bonus Asia Miles and 5,000 HHonors bonus points..
            Activate your membership at HiltonHHonors.com/vipie and complete four qualifying stays by 31 October 2008, to earn big bonuses.

1st stay -- 500 Asia Miles & Hilton HHonors bonus points.
            2nd stay -- 1,000 Asia Miles & Hilton HHonors bonus points.
            3rd stay -- 1,500 Asia Miles & Hilton HHonors bonus points.
            4th stay -- 2,000 Asia Miles & Hilton HHonors bonus points.
            Total -- 5000 Asia Miles & Hilton HHonors bonus points.

For reservations, visit HHonors.com or call local Hilton Reservations and Customer Care (refer to the back of your HHonors membership card). Please provide your Asia Miles membership number and HHonors account number when making your reservations.

Yours Sincerely,
            Steve Rackstraw
            Manager Member Services
            Asia Miles

Adam Burke
            Senior Vice President, Customer Loyalty
            Hilton HHonors Worldwide

P.S. If you're already an HHonor member, please contact Hilton Reservation and Customer Care so that your account can be updated to qualify for this special offer.
            That is a lot more stingy than past offers, although the offer to transfer the bonus miles/status to your existing account is an improvement. It used to be you had to earn the bonus under the freebie card and then try to merge accounts to get the points (and status if you were lower than gold) across to the existing account. Annoying when had Diamond status and forced to choose between getting Diamond benefits or getting the bonus points & miles.

Comment

Originally posted by Kiwi View Post
              That is a lot more stingy than past offers, although the offer to transfer the bonus miles/status to your existing account is an improvement. It used to be you had to earn the bonus under the freebie card and then try to merge accounts to get the points (and status if you were lower than gold) across to the existing account. Annoying when had Diamond status and forced to choose between getting Diamond benefits or getting the bonus points & miles.
              Sorry, you're wrong. I've been able to merge cards immediately on receipt of the new Gold card/promotion and keep the promo miles/points on my old card account for about 4 years running now. You keep the higher status when you merge cards.

Comment

free extension of HHonors Gold

my complimentary HHonors Gold membership which was supposed to expire Sep 2009 has been extended to Mar 2010. Nice !

(I read on TOF that this has been given to other HHonors Gold members; it could be something to do with the change to a calendar year requalifying period I think).
                J. my own dear wife J.

Comment

my complimentary HHonors Gold membership which was supposed to expire Sep 2009 has been extended to Mar 2010. Nice !

(I read on TOF that this has been given to other HHonors Gold members; it could be something to do with the change to a calendar year requalifying period I think).
                  Mine is expiring on Aug 2009...let's see if it will be extended as well. In the only time I used the card, I got lounge access (and Continental breakfast thrown in) with an upgraded room.

Comment

I've got this extension too for my complimentary HHonors Gold.

Comment

Mine is expiring on Aug 2009...let's see if it will be extended as well. In the only time I used the card, I got lounge access (and Continental breakfast thrown in) with an upgraded room.
                      I've been upgraded to an Executive room the one time I've used this card too, at the Hilton Tokyo, and it was a BEAUTIFUL experience. I'm addicted :smile.
                      Hope there is some way it can be extended past Mar 2010 now, as there is no way I can earn the status through stays in 2009.
                      J. my own dear wife J.

Comment

Just received the new card in my mailbox today, extended to 03/2010 due to the change from a 12-mth rolling period to a calendar year period

As I am crediting my hotel stays to SPG, I doubt I will use this card often too.

Comment

How come you all got your HHonors Gold but I'm still with Silver status, when I talked to the HHonors representative & she said she heard nothing about a default HHonors Gold status for KrisFlyer Solitaire PPS status...?

Comment

Originally posted by SQTalker View Post
                            How come you all got your HHonors Gold but I'm still with Silver status, when I talked to the HHonors representative & she said she heard nothing about a default HHonors Gold status for KrisFlyer Solitaire PPS status...?
                            It's called GOLD VIP, and I get it from my Asia Miles membership.

Comment

It's called GOLD VIP, and I get it from my Asia Miles membership.
                              So I'm still confusing about what is the criteria of certain members being upgrade to Gold VIP even though I'm currently with Solitaire PPS & CX Marco Polo Silver / Asia Miles status...?

Comment

Originally posted by SQTalker View Post
                                So I'm still confusing about what is the criteria of certain members being upgrade to Gold VIP even though I'm currently with Solitaire PPS & CX Marco Polo Silver / Asia Miles status...?
                                I know I got the Gold VIP card thanks to Krisflyer. That was in September this year.
                                As a Solitaire PPS you should get it too - just call the PPS hotline to ask for it ?
                                J. my own dear wife J.

Comment

Working...
                                X