SQ F award all available for redemption on UA's FFP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Guy Betsy View Post
    SQ apparently is cancelling all award bookings issued by AC, UA & US members made in J and F on their 77W, A345, A380 flights...booked when SQ upgraded their systems over the weekend and opened their flight award availability for all to see and book. And book they did..
    i hate to place personal judgements as i'm sure some have and likely will be.

There is an obvious self vested interest in your comments.

Putting that aside, SQ has never historically cancelled any bookings unless its due to credit card integrity issues.Previous fare mistakes resulted in one particular station suspending their own ticket stock, not cancel ticketed bookings.

The second-hand comments you posted probably relate to booking system linkage issues, ie as previously noted by UA flyers, disappearing bookings but underlying tickets are intact. This happened previously pre-shares system. Its highly unlikely SQ would be ordering their staff to manually cancel bookings not on their ticket stock.

As noted by someone else, the only consequence is that award bookings for KF flyers have been reduced but SQ would have a "one-time monetary gain" from industry purchases. As to whether KF members will have access to same percentage awards, thats something hypothetical but not impossible.

Comment

They honored previous glitches (eg MXP last year). It will be exciting to see how the drama unfolds in the next few weeks if active cancellations by SQ are indeed happening.

I don't feel any impact in attempting booking any 2 F seats (using KFmiles) on the routes I am eyeing - GRU, SFO, MEL, HKG, PEK at any time next year.

My seat map in F to SFO in Feb is still the same. I don't see any additional 6 seats taken by UA/US/AC members. Suites seatmaps for Sep and Jan are also still the same as before.

I doubt the extent of damage to KF members is that big. May be for J, I am not sure.

I don't feel affected.

Comment

[mod "fascinator - good enough for an event at royal ascot" on]

It's an interesting discussion no doubt - let's keep it civil please

[mod "fascinator - good enough for an event at royal ascot" off]

Comment

There is enough champagne for everyone! Let's share the joy!

(And let's make SQ bring back Bollinger in J!)

Comment

Originally posted by SQueeze View Post
            They honored previous glitches (eg MXP last year). It will be exciting to see how the drama unfolds in the next few weeks if active cancellations by SQ are indeed happening.

I don't feel any impact in attempting booking any 2 F seats (using KFmiles) on the routes I am eyeing - GRU, SFO, MEL, HKG, PEK at any time next year.

My seat map in F to SFO in Feb is still the same. I don't see any additional 6 seats taken by UA/US/AC members. Suites seatmaps for Sep and Jan are also still the same as before.

I doubt the extent of damage to KF members is that big. May be for J, I am not sure.

I don't feel affected.
            Precisely - I said that SQ is protecting the interest of their own FF members - KF and PPS. Those premium seats were not available to other FFP members except LH and BD which all had a special arrangement with SQ in accessing at least their J class seats. Everyone else didn't. So when those seats were taken.. SQ started cancelling the reservation. They didn't and couldn't cancel the e-ticket as they were issued by the FFP airline eg AC, UA, US. Once the reservations are cancelled, it is up to the FFP to find new award spaces on same flights. That will then prove difficult as SQ has vamped up their securities and now these premium spaces are not available. SQ knows that the issuing airline will therefore have to find the space for the passenger - whether it is going to be issued as an award space on another airline flying same route / or it will be rerouted. If passenger insists on same route on SQ, then that FFP has no choice but to book it as a revenue seat (F) - which will then of course benefit SQ.

Sure SQ is not playing fair to other people.. but if you the KF member wants that seat from SIN to NYC in F Saver for 220K miles and its gone cos someone who wasn't supposed to get it but got the seat and on top of that , got it cheaper...what would one do (at least in Singapore, eg like COE bidding)...? You would complain.. and say why did SQ not reserve those seats for us.."us" being loyal KF members.

So for the KF member, SQ is protecting your interests and loyalty by taking away those seats. You can be sure that they would have consulted through their legal department as to what they can or can not do.
            Last edited by Guy Betsy; 13 July 2012, 12:36 PM.

Comment

GB: Where is your evidence that SQ have been cancelling reservations other than online gossip? Have you had a booking of your own cancelled?
              My SQ and flying Videos: Youtube My Travel Blog: AussieFlyer.net

Comment

Originally posted by sqdazz View Post
                GB: Where is your evidence that SQ have been cancelling reservations other than online gossip? Have you had a booking of your own cancelled?
                http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-c...bility-19.html

AC forum on FT

Comment

Originally posted by Guy Betsy View Post
                  May I just quote from the link that you have provided?

'Either somebody at SQ cancelled the reservation or the reservation automatically got cancelled due to no ticket number being received.'

End of story. Stop spamming SQTalk with your unsubstantiated claims.

SQ is not cancelling issued reservations (meaning: e-ticket number is in place).

Comment

And as is well known SQ do auto cancel award tickets very quickly if not ticketed.
                    My SQ and flying Videos: Youtube My Travel Blog: AussieFlyer.net

Comment

Onwards and upwards, did anyone get in on UA's Business Class 4 mile "sale" this morning (USA time)?
                      HUGE AL

Comment

Working...
                      X