X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SQ F award all available for redemption on UA's FFP

All the talk over at UA forum....

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...f-award-o.html

Something like 135K for a return in F USA-Asia ! Do you think SQ will honor these reservations?
    Last edited by Guy Betsy; 9 July 2012, 12:42 AM.

I see no reason why they won't. They are ticketed reservations, and SQ is not known to do things like that

Comment

Wow! I must continue to load up miles on my MileagePlus! United is far more generous than SQ in this regard. Last month, while on a UA flight, I upgraded Y to J from LHR-IAH for only 20K and IAH-LGA for 10K. Of course one can't compare the quality of J products but nonetheless it was much cheaper. If I had used my KF miles it would've cost much more!

Comment

SQ kept its promise to release inventory in F and J to all *A partners. I was hoping that this would have happened in March but glad to see that they are now ending their policy of keeping all the inventory for themselves.

Just booked SIN-BCN/MXP-SIN in First Class with US Airways Dividend Miles. No problems. Ticket issued.

Comment

On a regional route like PVG-SIN, I cannot find any availability for *A partners on the 'new' J diamond seats. Only the new regional seats are available.

Comment

Originally posted by eriond View Post
            On a regional route like PVG-SIN, I cannot find any availability for *A partners on the 'new' J diamond seats. Only the new regional seats are available.
            Game over! SQ has pulled all availability. Looks like those awards were very popular today...

Comment

Originally posted by SMK77 View Post
              SQ kept its promise to release inventory in F and J to all *A partners. ..
              I think its probably because SQ's IT people forgot to put extra security measures when Kriscom migrated to Amadeus and it opened up all award seats to everyone.

When CX migrated to Amadeus in Feb, they added so many extra security features that none of their FF partners could book any CX / KA award seats for weeks !

Well, maybe this will teach SQ that they have to spend $ to get top notch IT care!

Wonder if it will honor all the bookings made over the past few days..

Comment

Yes there were massive amounts of bookings done. I know of some UA folks scoring 2-3 F seats in a go on one flight and booking trips worth a total of like 1.5 to 2MM UA MP miles (nice to have that many ). Given that SQ does not allow any holds they kicked themselves here and most of those tickets were issued right away. Autsch .. and of course not that great for the rest of us as it could mean that SQ F availability could again become a scarce commodity.

Comment

Originally posted by demue View Post
                  Yes there were massive amounts of bookings done. I know of some UA folks scoring 2-3 F seats in a go on one flight and booking trips worth a total of like 1.5 to 2MM UA MP miles (nice to have that many ). Given that SQ does not allow any holds they kicked themselves here and most of those tickets were issued right away. Autsch .. and of course not that great for the rest of us as it could mean that SQ F availability could again become a scarce commodity.
                  SQ is not the victim here, it's Krisflyers like you and I: SQ had earmarked the seats for redemption bookings anyway - just not planned to release them to partners. What's the consequence? The seats are gone and now not available to Krisflyers. Whatever flights I looked up last night, often even 'standard' was only available on waitlist. SQ is getting good money for those seats from its partners and as the seats were not planned to be sold, this will do the P&L good - maybe the move wasn't that unintentional after all?

Comment

I have no problem finding 2 seats in F to and from SFO on random dates. And now we can get 2 F seats to PEK on their morning flights.

Quick look at the seatmap for my flight to SFO in Feb also still show just us (2(pax) and 1 other at 2A which I think is a blocked seat anyway

Seatmaps for Suites bookings in Sep and Jan don't show any additional pax than before either.

I don't think F and R are affected that much by recent glitchez

Comment

Originally posted by SMK77 View Post
                      SQ is not the victim here, it's Krisflyers like you and I: SQ had earmarked the seats for redemption bookings anyway - just not planned to release them to partners. What's the consequence? The seats are gone and now not available to Krisflyers. Whatever flights I looked up last night, often even 'standard' was only available on waitlist. SQ is getting good money for those seats from its partners and as the seats were not planned to be sold, this will do the P&L good - maybe the move wasn't that unintentional after all?
                      Ohh don't get me wrong, I agree that SQ will be fine. A stupid mistake, but not a money loser if it was O or I inventory anyways. I was seeing the same way that you do meaning we as KF members trying to use KF miles for F Saver redemptions for example would be the ones pulling the "short straw".

Who knows, maybe the impact won't be that big, but on some of the US routes I had to look harder for available seats than before when doing some random checks. Well my travel for 2012 and into early 2013 was all booked already anyways (thanks BD ) so I'm not too worried myself.

Comment

All SQ awards issued by UA/AC/US do not carry fuel surcharges. A typical roundtrip from USA to SIN return has a tax of less than US$50.

And its an unofficial knowledge that SQ hates UA MP members' awards, or rather they just hate UA. I had a friend who worked in sales in USA who told me that its insider knowledge that SQ just refuses to accept UA tickets cos they say that UA never pays up. Don't know what truth there is.. but seeing that all award inventory is zero'd out with UA and not AC may hold some truth.
                        Last edited by Guy Betsy; 11 July 2012, 11:23 AM.

Comment

SQ apparently is cancelling all award bookings issued by AC, UA & US members made in J and F on their 77W, A345, A380 flights...booked when SQ upgraded their systems over the weekend and opened their flight award availability for all to see and book. And book they did..

Many are incensed !

This is going to get very in-teres-ting... woohahahahah !!
                          Last edited by Guy Betsy; 13 July 2012, 01:55 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Guy Betsy View Post
                            SQ apparently is cancelling all award bookings issued by AC, UA & US members made in J and F on their 77W, A345, A380 flights...booked when SQ upgraded their systems over the weekend and opened their flight award availability for all to see and book. And book they did..

Many are incensed !

Why is it always SQ that thinks they are above *A?

Comment

Originally posted by Guy Betsy View Post

Many are incensed !

Your negativity on this board is beyond belief. Why don't you take a break from flying for a while and relax?

SQ's policy is to honor tickets that are issued. I am holding one F flight to Europe issued on US ticket stock. SQ has assigned seats and meals and the ticket is still confirmed.

I am almost certain that the complaints you are quoting are related to unticketed reservations.

Comment

Working...
                              X