New KF redemption rates after 1 March 2012

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just read on presentation from IAG on the bmi take-over:

BMI will leave StarAlliance once the take-over is done (target end of Q1, more realistically end of Q2).

Lufthansa will bear the exit costs - and I assume that includes paying for all awards when they are flown (cash settlement between airlines only happens once the coupon is actually used).

Comment

• I have a *Award booking for travel in J from JFK to PER booked for May for 2 pax.Was thinking of cancelling and having a crack at coming back on the A380 via FRA.
      I guess two points

1) How long does it take for the points to return to your account?
      2) It seems none knows if waitlists will clear once March comes around. Best to wait until then to get better visibility of whats available?

I dont want to be left stranded considering *Award bookings are now 50k more for the same flights.

Also,does anyone think 2 F Savers will be available with the new "enhancements" Always been one to date with SQ...

Comment

• Originally posted by Chesty View Post
        Also,does anyone think 2 F Savers will be available with the new "enhancements" Always been one to date with SQ...
        The "enhancements" do not include F Savers on the 380 from JFK-SIN or any other 380 flight for that matter. You can try the J savers on the 380 or the 345 direct.

Comment

• Originally posted by CarbonMan View Post
          The "enhancements" do not include F Savers on the 380 from JFK-SIN or any other 380 flight for that matter. You can try the J savers on the 380 or the 345 direct.
          No,sorry realise that. I mean on 77W.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chesty View Post
            I have a *Award booking for travel in J from JFK to PER booked for May for 2 pax.Was thinking of cancelling and having a crack at coming back on the A380 via FRA.
            I guess two points

1) How long does it take for the points to return to your account?
            2) It seems none knows if waitlists will clear once March comes around. Best to wait until then to get better visibility of whats available?

I dont want to be left stranded considering *Award bookings are now 50k more for the same flights.

1) If it is an online booking, it is immediate. If it is offline, may take awhile. This is based on my experience in the past, before they changed the website.

2) We don't know when the waitlist will clear (it can be last-minute availability only) and we don't know how many - it may be one seat only. So if I were you, I will wait and see.

As for F savers, in the last days of 744 to JFK, only 1 saver seat was released. I am not sure if SQ will turn to become more generous. I doubt so - but who knows.

Comment

• I still like BMI best:

YYZ-EWR-SIN-HKG for 30,000 miles and 200 GBP in cash. Business Class all the way... EWR-SIN-HKG on SQ.

Comment

• Originally posted by SMK77 View Post
                I still like BMI best:

YYZ-EWR-SIN-HKG for 30,000 miles and 200 GBP in cash. Business Class all the way... EWR-SIN-HKG on SQ.
                HUGE AL

Comment

• Got a question: I would like to make a redemption flight SIN-BCN that consists of a SQ/LH transiting in FRA using KF miles. Would KF use the KF redemption table for the SIN-FRA leg plus charge me the FRA-BCN using the *A redemption table?

And what if I did it entirely on Swiss - SIN-ZRH-BCN?

Thanks.

Comment

• If it is all issued in 1 e-tix, it will be using the *A redemption chart.
                    If 2 e-tix, will be both.

I think generally the SQ chart is cheaper, esp with 15% discount.
                    You have to do the math and see which one will actually be better.

If total is equal, having everything in 1 ticket is better in case of delays.

Comment

• Is it me, or has SIA now not allow waitlist on Saver awards for the "new" Business / First class redemption seats on 777? I previously was able to waitlist on Saver (presumably, pending official switch to the new booking system in March) but its now no longer possible to do any waitlist. Anyone else has the same problem? Thanks

Comment

• Originally posted by Dickson View Post
                        Is it me, or has SIA now not allow waitlist on Saver awards for the "new" Business / First class redemption seats on 777? I previously was able to waitlist on Saver (presumably, pending official switch to the new booking system in March) but its now no longer possible to do any waitlist. Anyone else has the same problem? Thanks
                        You can waitlist on all egliable 'savers': That's the new Regional J on A330 and selected 777 routes.

All F/J on 77W cannot be waitlisted. Same for J on A380 and A345.

Comment

• Thanks. But you know, just 1-2 weeks back, I could also waitlist on "non-eligible" savers, ie. F/J on 77W and J on A380. That was my first hint that something is up (other than another website malfunction). But now, I could no longer do so.

Comment

• Still do-able.
                            It has always depended on sectors. For example, London was not open and is still not. But wait list is available to Sao Paulo, and Munich.

This is for F savers. Didn't check for J.

Comment

• I'm facing the same problem. 2 weeks ago I was able to waitlist for SIN-FUK but not able to do it now.

Comment

• SIN-FUK is not even affected by the change. You could always get C saver on that route as it is flown on an A330 with new regional C. No wait list in that case may simply mean no seat available in C any longer.

Comment

Working...
                                X