Leaving KrisFlyer for Marco Polo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hjerapa View Post
    For SQ, you have to fly SQ to get PPS $, but for TG, there isn't a need to fly TG to get status on ROP ?
    There is no PPS equivalent in TG. ROP is just a normal frequent flyer. You can always attain Gold (and Platinum??) as long as you clock enough mileages regardless what class you are flying in.

In SQ, if you are not flying biz/first, you are no body.

My friend just complaining, he travels almost every week and clock like 120,000 miles last year, but all in economy and he is only KFEG, while his wife only travel 3-4 times a year but she is PPS as she travel on biz class
    visit my blog

Comment

Originally posted by lingua101 View Post
      In SQ, if you are not flying biz/first, you are no body.

My friend just complaining, he travels almost every week and clock like 120,000 miles last year, but all in economy and he is only KFEG, while his wife only travel 3-4 times a year but she is PPS as she travel on biz class
      That infers the size of margins SQ makes from biz and first pax. But I wouldnt go as low as saying that KF Gold as "nobodies".

Comment

Originally posted by CarbonMan View Post
        That infers the size of margins SQ makes from biz and first pax. But I wouldnt go as low as saying that KF Gold as "nobodies".
        hahhaah ok ok... but even some people mentioned right CX MPC Gold are treated better than KF Gold, as the later won't be greeted when you fly on Y
        visit my blog

Comment

hahhaah ok ok... but even some people mentioned right CX MPC Gold are treated better than KF Gold, as the later won't be greeted when you fly on Y
          Lingua, I have PPS, okay, and there's a 50% chance i still won't get "recognized" when I travel Y on SQ! Y is Y. If one wants to be "recognized" then one needs to pay biz or first. That's the SQ I know!

Comment

Originally posted by CarbonMan View Post
            Lingua, I have PPS, okay, and there's a 50% chance i still won't get "recognized" when I travel Y on SQ! Y is Y. If one wants to be "recognized" then one needs to pay biz or first. That's the SQ I know!
            CarbonMan, isn't that what I just said and other member here been saying..... Even PPS has been devalued by SQ and CX MPC recognize their member better than SQ PPS?

I was on CX flight from HKG to TPE and I was greeted by lead stewardess by my last name while she was serving tea "MR so and so, do you care for Chinese Tea". I am very sure that she was not holding paper (mapping seat like those in Biz Class) and I was very very surprise that she knows who I am. And I am only MPC Silver...
            visit my blog

Comment

Its true that KFEG is a nobody.

Re the recent KF 50% promo. KFEG were lumped together with the everyone else.

Comment

And I am only MPC Silver...

And at the same time you benefit from Lounge Access flying CX/KA, check-in at business class counters, priority baggage and quite frequent opups (certainly I did before I stopped flying with them).

At the moment the only downside is the old hardware....tiny little TVs etc. in Y, for example.

Comment

I have been a Solitaire for 25 years, I would switch and have talked about switching but CX, wont give me equal status and have to start from the bottom in the USA from the bottom and work my way up and not really interested in doing that.I find now on SQ only about 50 percent of the time that I get welcomed by the IFS on a flight and 50 percent of the time does a Flight Attendant remember my name without looking at a piece of paper.
                  The service has dropped some flights like I just went SIn-Sydney , the crew was like the old Sq, on the return to Sing it almost like flying United, after the meal service most of the crew stayed in the galley and were chatting it up, hardly saw anyone in the cabin.

As to a Amex Centurion card its almost impossible to get, I have had a Platinum since 81, and in 2011 I charged 1.2 million USD, as I run a lot of my business purchases through them and still cant get the card

Comment

Originally posted by motodave View Post
                    I have been a Solitaire for 25 years, I would switch and have talked about switching but CX, wont give me equal status and have to start from the bottom in the USA from the bottom and work my way up and not really interested in doing that.
                    not really sure what you mean by "CX wont give me EQUAL status". Firstly, in CX there is no concepts of PPS/Solitaire like in SQ.

Secondly, I am pretty sure CX will over you Silver member if you have onward reservation and show you have been travelling "frequent" enough with SQ. Of course you can argue MPC Silver is not compareable with Solitaire.

But as scooby just highlighted being Silver member is "enough" to get access to the lounge and get priority tags for your bags. The lounge is real business class lounge and in HKG 2 out of their 3 lounges got shower facilities.

And if you flight 40 flights or 60000 miles you will get the Gold.
                    visit my blog

Comment

As to a Amex Centurion card its almost impossible to get, I have had a Platinum since 81, and in 2011 I charged 1.2 million USD, as I run a lot of my business purchases through them and still cant get the card
                      A Plat Amex will get you CX Gold. Promotion on until 15 Feb. Call up Amex.

Comment

Originally posted by Savage25 View Post
                        A Plat Amex will get you CX Gold. Promotion on until 15 Feb. Call up Amex.
                        where? US? Spore? UK?
                        visit my blog

Comment

where? US? Spore? UK?
                          They have it running in multiple countries.

Comment

Originally posted by Savage25 View Post
                            They have it running in multiple countries.
                            Dont think this os applicable in SG right
                            visit my blog

Comment

I have been a Solitaire for 25 years, I would switch and have talked about switching but CX, wont give me equal status and have to start from the bottom in the USA from the bottom and work my way up and not really interested in doing that.
                              Motodave i found this posting in someother forum. I really wonder why CX won't give you DM like they gave to this guy.
                              Hello All,

I qualified for CX MPC Diamond recently (courtesy status match)

I am typically used to these services as QPPS with SQ, so just wondered if CX is the same or worse?
                              visit my blog

Comment

I think some might be based on , most of the people who are posting are dealing with SQ or CX out of asia, I am based in the USA , and I believe CX here has no real interest
                                in doing anything out of the usa. CX here has not heard of the amex promo here

Comment

Working...
                                X