Leaving KrisFlyer for Marco Polo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by eriond View Post
    Not sure if it's true but read that AMEX Platinum Charge gives MPC Gold (in certain countries only).
    Its true. Promotion on until 15 Feb in the UK. Don't know about other countries.

Comment

The best thing about being CX MPC Gold - guaranteed seat in economy within 72 hours of travel. That's guaranteed in lowest available mileage earning fare.

Even with PPS - the supposed God-like treatment, you don't get confirmed seats in economy class and many times have to be waitlisted till the last minute and sometimes not even confirmed. But with CX MPC Gold, you get your seat even if the waitlist is closed. Once quick call to res, and your seat becomes available!

Great to utilise this over school holidays etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Guy Betsy View Post
        The best thing about being CX MPC Gold - guaranteed seat in economy within 72 hours of travel. That's guaranteed in lowest available mileage earning fare.

Even with PPS - the supposed God-like treatment, you don't get confirmed seats in economy class and many times have to be waitlisted till the last minute and sometimes not even confirmed. But with CX MPC Gold, you get your seat even if the waitlist is closed. Once quick call to res, and your seat becomes available!

Great to utilise this over school holidays etc.
        Yup, i also just notice that if you are MPC Gold, they will give you seat within 72 hours. Too bad I am not Gold so I had hard time to secure my CX seat next week.

But the problem with MPG unless you fly to North Asia and America hard to find flights around SEA Region with OW Partner.

Btw, those who decided to leave KF why not considering TG ROP? You can still fly SQ and put the mileage in TG.
        visit my blog

Comment

Originally posted by lingua101 View Post
          Btw, those who decided to leave KF why not considering TG ROP? You can still fly SQ and put the mileage in TG.

My colleague is already doing that, the only problem being trying to get anybody from TH-SG on the phone. It's nearly always impossible and the TH service people in Bangkok do help, but reluctantly, and in a p!ssed off manor about their colleagues here.

Comment

Originally posted by scooby5 View Post
            My colleague is already doing that, the only problem being trying to get anybody from TH-SG on the phone. It's nearly always impossible and the TH service people in Bangkok do help, but reluctantly, and in a p!ssed off manor about their colleagues here.
            Yes, their SIN number is impossible t get through. Took me 42 mins once. Even the BKK TG service centre has to defer some requests to SIN. Fortunately my office is within 100m of TG Singapore, so I find it's far easier to do a walk-in after lunch hours. A great bunch of people they are also, in person. They know me by first name now, haha...

Comment

Originally posted by scooby5 View Post
              There is only 1 person mend the ROP desk in SG. She needs to pickup call and serve the walkin customer. Same for reservation agent.

I normally will walk to their office since it is just stone aWay from my office.

Drop them email. They normally quite fast to reply, within a day.
              visit my blog

Comment

The last time I walked into Thai office, the girl in charge of ROP gave me a special number to call...... its lying somewhere in the office....
                This is a computer generated message, no signature required....

Comment

Originally posted by KFly View Post
                  AMEX Centurion. Not sure if the promotion is still on.

K
                  Ohhhh centurion. I heard it is almost impossible to get that card.

Comment

Originally posted by hjerapa View Post
                    Ohhhh centurion. I heard it is almost impossible to get that card.
                    I read on the net that you need to spend US$250k a year regularly before you will be invited to receive it. And at a subscription rate of S$5000/year, I say they can keep it. If one has that kind of money to throw, why would one need MPC Diamond.

Comment

Originally posted by lingua101 View Post

Yep, could easily do this but would get even less recognition when I fly SQ.

Anyway, I did end up sending a letter to SQ; they did respond in the usual polite but dismissive manner, that is, no interest in taking any action on any of my suggestions. Makes my decision to switch even more justified!

Comment

I'm in a similar dilemma. My KFEG status ends Mar 2012 and I'm 11k miles short of 50k to requalify. My company has a travel freeze in place so no upcoming trips for me to make the shortfall. I wrote in to KFMS asking for help or alternatives and they basically said sorry we can't help even though I've been a KFEG member for the past 5 years.

What I heard from someone was that the SQ system is dumb in that if I bought a ticket and checked-in at the boarding gate and then got myself off loaded, the system will still clock the miles for one-way out of SIN? Anyone know if this is true? I'm not that desperate for the KFEG status but I just want to shove it right back at SQ and their high handed approach.

Comment

Originally posted by jonleong View Post
                          I'm in a similar dilemma. My KFEG status ends Mar 2012 and I'm 11k miles short of 50k to requalify. My company has a travel freeze in place so no upcoming trips for me to make the shortfall. I wrote in to KFMS asking for help or alternatives and they basically said sorry we can't help even though I've been a KFEG member for the past 5 years.
                          So what if you are KFEG for 5 years? KFEG does not mean much in SQ. There are many people who has been their PPS member or even Solitaire for more than 10 years. One person had post here. He is Solitaire (?) member for 25 years.....
                          visit my blog

Comment

Any one can comment on if its worth it to be Solitaire anymore ? It seems like Marco Polo seems to offer alot more than KrisFlyer ?

Comment

Originally posted by hjerapa View Post
                              Any one can comment on if its worth it to be Solitaire anymore ? It seems like Marco Polo seems to offer alot more than KrisFlyer ?

As I mentioned in earlier post, I think TG ROP is better than KF, when you rerach Gold, they give you 2 complimentary upgrade to biz class. I think if you can reach Platinum there should be more perks....

Not really sure why people only look at SQ KF and CX MPC only
                              visit my blog

Comment

For SQ, you have to fly SQ to get PPS $, but for TG, there isn't a need to fly TG to get status on ROP ?

Comment

Working...
                                X