Bizarre request from KF call centre

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bizarre request from KF call centre

I was notified via email that a waitlisted KF award is shortly expiring and to call them to stop it auto cancelling.

I have just done so and while asking if there was any way they can try and clear it for me I was put of hold for a minute then they came back on and said 'Can you please confirm the reason for your trip to try and assist us with building your case for this award'. WTF ?!.

I asked them to repeat it a couple of times to make sure I wasn't hearing things, and they were indeed asking for the reason for my trip. When I asked what difference it makes, they just kept saying it was necessary to 'build your case' for the award. Definitely a new one for me!.

You would like to think that being Solitaire would trump the reason for the trip in 'building your case', but then we know what SQ thinks of it's QPP's and TPP's so I guess that's wishful thinking...

Perhaps 'to be built a case' is a TPP benefit? As in, they are trying to get it confirmed despite the lack of bucket availability.

Comment

new role for SQ : big brother. Next they'll want to know what Colour jocks you'll wear on this flight.

Comment

Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
        'Can you please confirm the reason for your trip to try and assist us with building your case for this award'. WTF ?!.
        Had a similar experience on Thursday trying to clear an upcoming wait listed sector on SQ12 in F to Narita, must admit I was surprised at the questioning?

My response was to ask the agent to look at the list of my already ticketed long haul bookings (4), a mix of J and F + the 2 bookings pending confirmation. Furthermore all of which would be in jeopardy if SQ did not help clear the wait listed sector to Narita (F booking).

Nevertheless in true SQ stlye the pending wait list sector is still to be confirmed, I must add the agent reminded me I should be "pleased" as I was priority on the waitlist given me TPP status (...thanks).

Comment

...I forgot to add one thing, this relates to paid for ticket, MAN Flyer was an award!

For sure next week is double holiday week in Japan + Singapore F1 the weekend after, still the question is shocking.

Comment

Originally posted by AsiaCommuter View Post
            My response was to ask the agent to look at the list of my already ticketed long haul bookings (4), a mix of J and F + the 2 bookings pending confirmation. Furthermore all of which would be in jeopardy if SQ did not help clear the wait listed sector to Narita (F booking).
            I can understand hinting at not giving future business to SQ but isn't the above a classic case of cutting off the nose to spite the face ? You need to travel for the already ticketed longhaul bookings; SQ was presumably your first choice of carrier on those routes; so cancelling them now if SQ don't clear your waitlist (i.e. not for something which SQ has done wrong) seems to be a bit counterproductive - yes, it will hurt SQ but it seems to me at least that it may hurt you more.

Comment

Originally posted by jhm View Post
              I can understand hinting at not giving future business to SQ but isn't the above a classic case of cutting off the nose to spite the face ? You need to travel for the already ticketed longhaul bookings; SQ was presumably your first choice of carrier on those routes; so cancelling them now if SQ don't clear your waitlist (i.e. not for something which SQ has done wrong) seems to be a bit counterproductive - yes, it will hurt SQ but it seems to me at least that it may hurt you more.
              For sure a classic case of that, and yes I had no intention of cancelling my ticketed travels, nor the future bookings - more a case of trying anything to influence the outcome... I find it frustrating why they felt the need to question whether I needed to travel in the first instance.

Comment

Maybe their intention is to stop businesses from using award tickets for their employees?

Comment

Originally posted by E-Aviation View Post
                  Maybe their intention is to stop businesses from using award tickets for their employees?
                  And how would that be anything to do with them ?.

Comment

Originally posted by StarG View Post
                    Perhaps 'to be built a case' is a TPP benefit? As in, they are trying to get it confirmed despite the lack of bucket availability.

So, MAN Flyer, what was your reason given? I'm guessing it was a good one.
                    HUGE AL

Comment

Originally posted by HUGE AL View Post
                      So, MAN Flyer, what was your reason given? I'm guessing it was a good one.
                      I didn't give them a reason actually, feeling it was a ridiculous request I reiterated that I was Solitaire, which should trump any reason for the trip.

Funnily yesterday I had another chat with the KF call centre about another waitlised booking. This is for next week, so I rang to see if they could get a supervisor to clear it as I was running out of time to make my other flight bookings. Rather than get dragged into another silly chat about why I needed to travel, I decided to head them off at the pass and told them I needed to make other flight bookings for the trip, which included a paid J class booking for them. They said they would call me back within 2 hours and to my surprise they called me back within half an hour confirming the booking.

It's particularly satisfying as it is going to be one of my last flights in my beloved SkySuite.

Comment

And how would that be anything to do with them ?.
                        Not anything to do with them, they probably just don't want people using their miles for a company sponsored trip, as that could potentially mean a lot of wasted revenue, particularly if the person is a solitaire

Comment

Not anything to do with them, they probably just don't want people using their miles for a company sponsored trip, as that could potentially mean a lot of wasted revenue, particularly if the person is a solitaire
                          Exactly. Nothing to do with them.

If someone has earned TPP status, whether on company business or on his/her own dime, he/she deserves better. There is no compelling reason, if a company were truly customer-focused, why a redemption would require hoops to jump through.
                          ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

It's particularly satisfying as it is going to be one of my last flights in my beloved SkySuite.
                            Which is a complete waste of time!
                            HUGE AL

Comment

Are you having a laugh ?.

Comment

Working...
                              X