No announcement yet.

PPS Value has appeared!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Am having the same issue, my flight on 29th July has not posted. Guess the system is overloaded with all the TPP/LPP/QPP runs?

Comment

Originally posted by SuperJonJon View Post
      I just recieved my cheapest 1.25 sectors with PPS value of SGD350!
      My lowest PPS Value per sector is S$150. Another segment on the same ticket is $880 per sector.

Comment

My Silkair J flight on a paper ticket on 1 Aug was just posted today (exactly 10 days later). 1.25 sectors for S$225 = $180 per sector.
        J. my own dear wife J.

Comment

FYI

The god-like-treatment card has not arrived at my door step.
          In the mean time, in less than a month I had requalified another year of being QPP with 25.5 sectors for just merely SGD 9,464 PPS Value. The funny thing was the fact that my flight SIN-xxx, one shows a little over $600, and the other one shows moren than $2,600. Both tix were bought at the same time.

Comment

Originally posted by CGK View Post
            The funny thing was the fact that my flight SIN-xxx, one shows a little over $600, and the other one shows moren than $2,600. Both tix were bought at the same time.

I faced the same issue SIN-SFO ->4750 and SFO-SIN->3300. I questioned them in person (Paragon) and via email feedback. Within a couple of days I got a phone call full of apologies and proper value being credited.

The reason given was that PPS value is a new thing for the system and in order to keep impatient customers like me happy (ok,ok they didn't say that) the system allocates a default value. (Hmmm....... if the defult for SIN-SFO is 3300 wonder why I paid 4750).

But one has to appreciate SQ response and their efforts to keep us happy. The lady at Paragon told me that she will personally keep an eye on this discrepancy and follow it up with the relevant people. And she kept her word.

Comment

Originally posted by solitaire View Post
              I faced the same issue SIN-SFO ->4750 and SFO-SIN->3300. I questioned them in person (Paragon) and via email feedback. Within a couple of days I got a phone call full of apologies and proper value being credited.
              What if they had corrected it in the other direction?

Comment

Well, I knew what the fare in the ticket was (excluding taxes) and I guided them accordingly.

Comment

Well, I knew what the fare in the ticket was (excluding taxes) and I guided them accordingly.
                  All of my recent travels have been on complex interline tickets, so I wouldn't know how to guide them.

Comment

Originally posted by zvezda View Post
                    All of my recent travels have been on complex interline tickets, so I wouldn't know how to guide them.
                    One of the reasons why I endeavour to keep SQ travels on one ticket and other airlines separate.

Then other reason is that I found that it is cheaper if to book other airlines separately on the net. As an example, the price difference between SQ quoted fare for SIN-SFO-YVR-SFO-SIN was SGD2500 more as compared to SIN-SFO-SIN on SQ and SFO-YVR-SFO on AC booked via internet as separete trips.

One other way you can ascertain that you get PPS value when travelling on other airlines is to get SQ codeshare flights. However, it is not always convinient as far as timings are concerened, especially in NA.

Comment

One other way you can ascertain that you get PPS value when travelling on other airlines is to get SQ codeshare flights. However, it is not always convinient as far as timings are concerened, especially in NA.
                      This will change after 1st Sep 2007. You will only get PPS Value only if you are on SQ metal. SQ codeshare flights operated by partner airlines will give you ZERO PPS Value.

Comment

Originally posted by 9V-JKL View Post
                        Nice that current codeshares have some value. My FRA-BCN codeshare has showed up: $650 for 1.25 sectors and 850 PPS miles. But that's 1/2 what I paid for the fare
                        Out of interest did you query SQ on why you only received PPSV at 1/2 the nett quoted fare?

For that matter, has any one else here successfully had PPSV re-stated? If so, how did you go about it?

Comment

Originally posted by aerosmith View Post
                          This will change after 1st Sep 2007. You will only get PPS Value only if you are on SQ metal. SQ codeshare flights operated by partner airlines will give you ZERO PPS Value.
                          Hmmm...unlikely, as for all ticketing purposes it is a SQ flight and SQ will be getting the dollars.

Comment

Originally posted by SQveteran View Post
                            Out of interest did you query SQ on why you only received PPSV at 1/2 the nett quoted fare?

For that matter, has any one else here successfully had PPSV re-stated? If so, how did you go about it?
                            As far as I can tell, SQ distributes the total fare across all the segments that you have booked for. E.g. if it is a straight retrun trip between two points then you will get half for one way and the other half when you make the return journey. Similarly for multiple segments. After you complete your trip your total for all the individual PPSV should equal the fare (less taxes etc.) paid.

I do this check always and SQ has been pretty good, except one time (see post #80 in this thread)
                            Last edited by solitaire; 28 August 2007, 05:38 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by SQveteran View Post
                              I did but have not gotten an answer yet

Comment

Hmmm...unlikely, as for all ticketing purposes it is a SQ flight and SQ will be getting the dollars.
                                T&C states only SQ/MI flights will earn PPSV
                                http://www.singaporeair.com/saa/en_U...ub_Changes.pdf
                                Last edited by 9V-JKL; 28 August 2007, 05:31 PM. Reason: added link

Comment

Working...
                                X