Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BREAKING NEWS: CGK to go on the run of a lifetime!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by KeithMEL View Post
    Congrats - now I shall increase my level of attention to your posts by 25%.

Hehe just kidding.
    Excellent, an SQTalk tier bonus! I'll have to shoot for Gold now for the lounge access

Comment

• More photos from the Crystal Jade dinner

Here are my photos from the 13 May dinner :

clockwise from left : SQFAN, myself with daughter, SuperJonJon,
      CGK's friend I, CGK (for those who STILL don't know),
      and my son.

same people, except for my wife on the right.

The queue that Sunday night at Soup restaurant was horrendous, so
      we went to Crystal Jade which still took us half an hour to get a table. Overall the restaurant was too noisy, and we couldn't hold a proper across the table chat without shouting.
      (The Post Bar meet at Fullerton Hotel on 25 May should be better, but unfortunately I am working that night.
      J. my own dear wife J.

Comment

• Thank you for posting the pictures! Flying back from ZRH to SFO on DL and UA, indeed, made me wanting to do more SQ runs asap.
        Next time we try the Soup Restaurant! (I like boiled/steamed peanuts there... he he he).
        Again, thank you for arranging and making time for getting together during Mother's Day!

Comment

• CGK, Soup on Sundays bet 2-6pm is rather quiet

Comment

• CGK if the schedule permits and theres a seat on the plane free ill give it all to make it after all its not like were gonna see something acheived like this for a looong looooong time if ever

Comment

• Originally posted by token01 View Post
              after all its not like were gonna see something acheived like this for a looong looooong time if ever

Actually, Lifetime PPS is not gonna ever be achieved again as of 1st Sept 2007, thats why this flight of his is gonna be historic.

Didn't you see CGK write that he wants to be the first and the LAST to hit LPPS ?

Anyway, I hope that even if none of us will be on board to witness his achievement, we can organise another celebration for him.....
              J. my own dear wife J.

Comment

• haha upright man what i was meaning to say was that an acheivement for a FF membership like the soon to be gone life acheived by such a huge amount of flying in such a short period of time is very very rare - opposed to you thinking i was referring directly to the life membership - i kno he wants to be the first and last from his area with a life and im behind him all the way mate

Comment

• BTW, according to many SQ staff in SIN or in CGK that I talked to, indeed, there are flyers out there who keeps flying in the weekend for getting their LPP as well...

Comment

• Originally posted by CGK View Post
                    BTW, according to many SQ staff in SIN or in CGK that I talked to, indeed, there are flyers out there who keeps flying in the weekend for getting their LPP as well...
                    So you are not alone!
                    I wouldn't mind doing it as well if i can afford the time and money.

Comment

• Any chance of an update CGK? How are those "final" double figures ticking away?

Comment

• Bad news

I am having problem with my account. It is only shown 928.5. Missing 1.5 sectors from two weeks ago, even though the miles had been posted to my BD account.
                        And, all my recent flights had been credited to my BD accounts, and those flights had not shown up in my PPS account yes. Usually, it is the reversed: showing up in SQ account first, then will show up in my BD or LH acoounts.

Comment

• Keep on top of them CGK, fingers crossed the sectors post correctly soon - we're all behind you

Comment

I am having problem with my account. It is only shown 928.5. Missing 1.5 sectors from two weeks ago, even though the miles had been posted to my BD account.
                            And, all my recent flights had been credited to my BD accounts, and those flights had not shown up in my PPS account yes. Usually, it is the reversed: showing up in SQ account first, then will show up in my BD or LH acoounts.
                            I am afraid that's the way it works at the moment. I have been crediting all my SQ flights to BD for the last few years and my PPS sectors had always appeared before the BD miles. Since the changes were announed it's the reverse.

I just got all my miles for SGN-SIN-MEL-SIN-FRA-MAN a couple of weeks ago but have still not had the PPS sectors.

Comment

• So how can I have the official proof that I made a progress in my run?
                              I wish I could pass 1000 mark on June 11 SQ26 FRA-JFK. But looks like not happening now since I have to reshuffle my itinerary for being an idiot.

Comment

I had the same problem too last week. Miles posted correctly to BD but no PPS sectors. So I did the missing mileage request online and the PPS sectors posted instantly, right after I submitted the request form.

Hopefully yours will be sorted out soon. Good luck with your run!

Comment

Working...
                                X