KF redemption on Swiss/TAP - problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KF redemption on Swiss/TAP - problem

I am based in BKK an I am trying to use my KF miles for a redemption next week from BKK to Funchal, Maderia in Business class with LX and TAP.

Krisflyer BKK can get me as far as Lisbon with LX, but even though they say they can see redemption class "I" availability on the onward leg to Funcal (FNC), they "can't book it the system". I have been waiting for them to get back to me for a week now. They say they have contacted TP locally - actually a travel agent that represents TAP - and they tell me they have communicated with SQ KF in Singapore to see "if there is something wrong with the system" or a bug as it's been explained. Singapore office is yet to get back to them with a fix. I have escalated this to the manager of SQ in BKK.

I need to travel next week and I am getting slightly anxious (I am holding a revenue booking in Y class in case things do not work out).

Has anybody experienced this before? Is it because it's a 3 hop flight? Any advice in how to get some traction on this would be welcome.

PS: I have not contacted KF direct in Singapore due to the waiting times.

Thanks in advance.

If it's backtracking - then maybe that's the problem.

Try using ana.co.jp / Awardnexus.com to search for * Alliance flights.

I do not know why , but my booking for my biz class is I too.

Always use the Singapore Office for booking - I normally hang up the call if it got routed to some foreign country.

Hope that helps a little.. there are many experience flyers here (:

Comment

Originally posted by cocaman View Post

Always use the Singapore Office for booking - I normally hang up the call if it got routed to some foreign country.
      You are referring to the India Office right? They are almost "powerless", a information centre (read from the website) with a human touch. That's all.

Comment

Originally posted by xPPS View Post
        I am based in BKK an I am trying to use my KF miles for a redemption next week from BKK to Funchal, Maderia in Business class with LX and TAP.

Krisflyer BKK can get me as far as Lisbon with LX, but even though they say they can see redemption class "I" availability on the onward leg to Funcal (FNC), they "can't book it the system". I have been waiting for them to get back to me for a week now. They say they have contacted TP locally - actually a travel agent that represents TAP - and they tell me they have communicated with SQ KF in Singapore to see "if there is something wrong with the system" or a bug as it's been explained. Singapore office is yet to get back to them with a fix. I have escalated this to the manager of SQ in BKK.

I need to travel next week and I am getting slightly anxious (I am holding a revenue booking in Y class in case things do not work out).

Has anybody experienced this before? Is it because it's a 3 hop flight? Any advice in how to get some traction on this would be welcome.

PS: I have not contacted KF direct in Singapore due to the waiting times.

Thanks in advance.
        Why would you want to contact TAP and with the representative at that? It is not a TP problem but rather KF's problem with interlining to TP flights?

Can you perhaps try an alternate and connect with LH instead?

Comment

Originally posted by j.lin View Post
          You are referring to the India Office right? They are almost "powerless", a information centre (read from the website) with a human touch. That's all.
          Hell YES!

I booked a Biz Saver w one sector (United) being an economy cuz got no biz on that flight. That #%*+ agent say cannot must be separate booking.

I called KF S'pore and they say only CO and some other airlines cannot get one-way saver.

They're impatient too!

Comment

Working...
          X