QPPS revoked

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• QPPS revoked

Hi guys, this is my first posting so pardon me if i didn't explain myself clearly. The whole situation is quite complex and i just need some opinions from you guys.

Anyway, i've been a QPPS for the past 6 years and throughout the 6 years, my cumulative Solitaire points is up to 231,000. Unfortunately, i didn't get to travel much last year so i was short of about 7,000 miles to requalify for my PPS which is ending on the 31st May (on my card while online it says 30th April which i understand)

Anyway, i have one more leg on first class from SIN-DXB as well as another leg from DXB-SIN-CKG. Reason why i start my journeys from DXB is because i have an office there so it makes better sense for me to buy from DXB.

Now here is where the problems start.

I called up Krisflyer and asked if it's possible for an extension since i still got a 1 way (return leg) on first class to DXB as well as a round trip from DXB-SIN-CKG. ANd i need the extensions till end may because i have a trip there in a few days time.

Spoke to the manager at Krisflyer and then spoke to another girl and she tried to appeal for me but unfortunately, both an extension or a requalification is not allowed.
    and last i checked, my 231,000 miles has been wiped out and i'm back on being an elite silver.

I have friends who managed to get requalified beiing short of about 2-3k in miles whereas for me, if i finished my entire leg, would be short of about 2K. I don't see why they are not able to at least extend me for 1 more month since i will be flying for the whole of this month and i'm pretty sure i can even get that 2K shortage on a flight to either CKG or MNL on first class.

I just feel it's very wastd that i've come so close being only 19k shy of solitaire and they had to do this. And i know they mentioned that solitaire cumulative is for 5 concurrent years, but i've had those points for the past 6 years without getting wiped out so why on the 7th upcoming year then it'd get wiped out.

I asked the manager if i can speak to someone higher for me to appeal personally but he said that ultimately, i would end up talking to him again as he's sort of the "gatekeeper" for all appeals.

Can somebody help me in this matter?
    I'm sorry if i'm kind of longwinded about this problem of mine.
    Any help would be very much appreciated.

By the way, my DXB-SIN-CKG return are all on first class as well.

Comment

Mileage qualification has long gone. Hard dollars is what counts. 25,000 SGD turn-over in the past twelve months and you can stay on as QPP.

Comment

Originally posted by SMK77 View Post
        Mileage qualification has long gone. Hard dollars is what counts. 25,000 SGD turn-over in the past twelve months and you can stay on as QPP.
        Oh, sorry sorry!!!
        I meant to say dollars, not miles actually!
        What i don't get is, i read on the forum that there are people that missed out by 7,000 dollars and they received an email that states if they fly out one more time, they'll get a requalification for the next year, but for my case, after all the flights that i'll be doing, i'll be missing out on only $1-2k.

Do you think it's because i'm almost hitting Solitaire that they are not willing to give me a sympathetic chance.
        It is quite disheartening to see that you've reached $231,000 and you're so close to the target, to see it get wiped out just like that.

Comment

Originally posted by Narmi View Post
          Oh, sorry sorry!!!
          I meant to say dollars, not miles actually!
          What i don't get is, i read on the forum that there are people that missed out by 7,000 dollars and they received an email that states if they fly out one more time, they'll get a requalification for the next year, but for my case, after all the flights that i'll be doing, i'll be missing out on only $1-2k.

Do you think it's because i'm almost hitting Solitaire that they are not willing to give me a sympathetic chance.
          It is quite disheartening to see that you've reached $231,000 and you're so close to the target, to see it get wiped out just like that.
          19,000 SGD short of Solitaire is almost what you need for requalification in 12 months. I see that SQ is having a point - but you can always write a nice letter and appeal. I think SQ is aware that the initial qualification is quite tough and they might give you TPP.

Comment

Originally posted by SMK77 View Post
            19,000 SGD short of Solitaire is almost what you need for requalification in 12 months. I see that SQ is having a point - but you can always write a nice letter and appeal. I think SQ is aware that the initial qualification is quite tough and they might give you TPP.
            Thanks for your input bro, does anyone know who i can write to?
            my only point of contact is the krisflyer hotline and i've exhausted that option of appeals already.

Comment

by the way bro, i'm not saying they should give me TPP immediately, all i'm saying is, if they could requalify me for another year, i could definitely get the remainder then. but if they can give me direct TPP, i definitely wouldn't mind THAT as well!

Comment

my only point of contact is the krisflyer hotline and i've exhausted that option of appeals already.
                I would write to the CEO or the Customer Affairs Manager. (Renee Tan, I think, would probably end up here anyway)

Comment

I would suggest that you contact PPS directly and not Krisflyer. There is a list of PPS Club service numbers in the My Account page on the web. This is the email address for the Singapore office : sinppsclub@singaporeair.com.sg

It would be surprising if an extension was not allowed provided you have already ticketed your flights

Comment

Based on my recent experience, they are now getting very strict about requalification. Even if you're short of say, 2-3k S$, its not acceptable. Even if you have a ticketed flight that's coming up in say, 2-3 months time that will have net you a re-qualification, it is also not acceptable. The only cases they will consider are very marginal ones - ie. just very slightly short of the $25k, or will have meet the $25k requirement with a flight coming up within say the next few days / weeks. The reason is that they have now implemented a "soft landing" procedure, ie. Solitaire will get downgraded to PPS for 1 year instead of losing PPS totally.

Comment

Honestly, why bother with PPS ....?

Go for CX's Marco Polo Club Diamond... !

Guaranteed seat in economy class (most fares) , guaranteed seat in Business Class, very frequent op up's...

And if you currently have a Centurion Amex card, you'd get it free for a year too!

Comment

Hi guys..
                        I've emailed PPS from the email address that you've given me.
                        Will update if there's any news.
                        Thanks alot for all the help!

Btw, just in case they do not go through with my extension, i travel frequently between singapore, dubai, jakarta, china and australia. Any idea which other FFP should i go with apart from CX marco polo? my most frequent area out of those listed above is either jakarta or dubai.

Comment

I'm going to be short 8000 miles for gold elite at the end of May, however in June I am going to Europe and will get 12000 miles for the trip. I have asked Krisflyer via the online feedback form, however if anyone knows someone I can write to at Krisflyer I would appreciate it.

Comment

End of May is the end of my qualification period.

Comment

Originally posted by ozdude View Post
                              I'm going to be short 8000 miles for gold elite at the end of May, however in June I am going to Europe and will get 12000 miles for the trip. I have asked Krisflyer via the online feedback form, however if anyone knows someone I can write to at Krisflyer I would appreciate it.
                              Bro, I strongly suggest u give them a call instead of leaving a message via the feedback form.

Comment

Working...
                              X