TR have been cancelling many flights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pinkfloyd View Post
    Just did SIN-BKK-KBV like a month ago and it was ok. I wouldn't recommend upgrading the BKK-KBV sector as it's on an AB6 and the flight time is only like an hour... That said, if it is dirt cheap (read: free), then why not?!
    Sorry, but I think for the miles alone it's already a good deal - esp if crediting to an FFP at 2x for C tix, furthermore, the catering I had was phenomenal, even better than what I usually get on J on SIN-BKK or any F flight I've ever had (it was a once-off, but damn that was a good spaghetti bolognese)...

Comment

Originally posted by Kyo View Post
      Sorry, but I think for the miles alone it's already a good deal - esp if crediting to an FFP at 2x for C tix, furthermore, the catering I had was phenomenal, even better than what I usually get on J on SIN-BKK or any F flight I've ever had (it was a once-off, but damn that was a good spaghetti bolognese)...
      I thought you were referring to using miles as an upgrade. Just did a search for the pricing, it's about 1500 THB (not sure if this is still valid) for a one-way paid upgrade from Econ to Biz on TG domestic. I have a BKK-CNX coming up on the 1st of Nov and might consider it.
      Last edited by Pinkfloyd; 15 October 2010, 09:12 PM. Reason: Price correction
      God must have been a ship owner, he placed the raw materials far from where they are needed and covered two-thirds of the earth with water...

Comment

The cost in Y was $593/each..not bad considering I bought it on Thursday.

Sure, the Tiger flight (with all the add-ons) was $520 for the both of us, but still, I'd rather have some piece in mind knowing I'll get there. I've already checked in but will ask the gate agent how much an upgrade will run on the second sector... true it's only an hour but if it's cheap it might be worth it!
        blog

Comment

Sunday October 17, 2010
          ‘War of the Tonys’ erupts

PETALING JAYA: A war of words has erupted between two budget airlines in the region, with Singapore-based Tiger Airways accusing the AirAsia boss of making a racial slur with his “white guys” remark.

AirAsia group chief executive officer Datuk Seri Tony Fernandes’ comments to Bangkok Post on Tiger Airways’ plan to partner Thai Airways to set up a budget carrier in Thailand, has left its management fuming. Fernandes, however, is sticking to his guns and not budging.

Tiger Airways is headed by Tony Davis, a British, who is both president and chief executive officer of the airline. He was also the founding managing director of bmibaby, a British low-fare carrier which took off in 2002.

In the Bangkok Post article, Fernandes was quoted as saying he was sceptical over Westerners running any successful Asia-based businesses, pointing out that Thai AirAsia is run by a Thai management that is well versed with the local and Asian markets.

“We’re Asians, not a bunch of white guys running the airlines,” Fernandes was quoted as saying.The report irked Tiger Airways which issued a statement, saying they were “disappointed and surprised” by Fernandes’ “racial remarks against Tiger Airways”.

“While we understand that we are intensifying the level of competition with our expansion across Asia, resorting to racial slurs is unbecoming and unnecessary,” the statement issued on Friday said.

Reports by Singapore’s The Straits Times and TODAY said Fernandes stood by his comments, and that his remarks were neither racial nor a general statement of all Westerners running Asia-based businesses.

“I gave my honest opinion. I was just talking about the Westerners in Tiger Airways’ management who do not know Asia very well,” Fernandes told The Straits Times.

He also told the daily that there were many Westerners in AirAsia and AirAsia X management.

In the Bangkok Post interview, Fernandes joined other industry figures in questioning the move to create Thai Tiger Airways (TTA), claiming that Tiger Airways was an “odd” choice for a business ally given its problems, especially with pilot shortage and flight cancellations.

“They have not yet been able to solve their problems, so what are they going to teach the Thai (Airways),” Fernandes told the Bangkok Post.

Comment

Fight, fight, fight!
            This is gonna get interesting.

http://www.flightglobal.com/blogs/as...-at-tiger.html
            http://sbr.com.sg/aviation/news/cryi...er-air-asia-ad

Comment

The mentioned ad by AK.

Crying Tiger not flying Tiger: Air Asia Ad

In apparent reference to Tiger's recent spate of plane cancellations, rival Air Asia has begun running full page ads picturing a crying Tiger teddy bear with the caption "If tigers were meant to fly, they would be born with wings".

The ad also states that Air Asia is "guaranteed to fly everyday," which presumably is meant to differentiate it from the crying tiger, which is depicted below an Air Asia jet sitting down with its paws in the air and tears rolling down its face.
              And another one.

AirAsia took out a full-page advertisement in today's Straits Times in Singapore, declaring "We've got the stripes - guaranteed to fly everyday" with "stripes" in big block letters coloured in with tiger stripes.

If you've heard about Tiger Airways' flight disruptions last weekend, you will see that the ad is a not-too-subtle jibe by AirAsia at its low-cost rival!

Makes me wonder if Tiger will be hitting back with an ad of its own anytime soon. Tiger's CEO Tony Davis has never held back when making known his opinions about his competition.

This might just be the start of a catfight in the already extremely competitive low-cost carrier market in the region.
              Everyone, lets laugh at TR LOL!

Fight, fight, fight!
              Last edited by SliverKris; 19 October 2010, 08:01 PM.

Comment

I LOVE Air Asia for this Simply fantastic ads there. Hope TR is feeling the heat now.

Reminds me off one ad that made fun of firefly's old F50s.

Comment

AK's ads are creative -and dont think Tiger's Tony can domuch as Tige ris still cancelling o rhave cancelled flights till now.

Comment

Originally posted by SilverChris View Post
                    I LOVE Air Asia for this Simply fantastic ads there. Hope TR is feeling the heat now.

Reminds me off one ad that made fun of firefly's old F50s.
                    Originally posted by flyguy View Post
                    AK's ads are creative -and dont think Tiger's Tony can domuch as Tige ris still cancelling o rhave cancelled flights till now.
                    Copied straight from the Ryanair and Easyjet marketing manual....

Comment

Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
                      Copied straight from the Ryanair and Easyjet marketing manual....
                      Of which ironically TR is owned by Ryanair

Comment

Can someone please kindly explain how TR was awarded the CAPA Low-Cost Airline of the Year??????

Comment

Tiger still havent gotten its newly hired short term pilots to be familiarise on their fleet n procedures - as this morning at 10am, 2 Tiger A320s were sitting at the remote bays in front of CIAS catering. This is something one never see when Tiger was running at capacity n heavily utitilsed its 10 aircrafts; and onlys ee their aircraft only when they goes tech during the day.

Comment

Tiger has been canceling 6-10 flights a day (10 flights canceled today!). Apparently a case of too many planes, too few pilots.
                            My past and future travels

My Travel Map

Comment

post deleted
                              Last edited by SQtraveller; 20 August 2017, 04:35 AM.

Comment

Get a trusted friend in SIN to get your refund for you. The IDD call charges will wipe out your refunds if you were to be put on hold.

Booking reference
                                Home Address provided during reservation
                                Credit Card number used for the reservation
                                Email Address

Refund comes in 4-6 weeks.

Comment

Working...
                                X