No announcement yet.

TR have been cancelling many flights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

as of today Mon 11th Oct - Tiger cancelled 5 flights and delay/retime 3 flights - still after almost a month - Tiger is still having majore problems of flight cancellations - hence it makes no sense for its promotion when by travel time its likely cancelled. Now Air Asia been taking advantage by having added in its dvertisements "guaranteed to fly" and "earning its stripes".

Comment

Not good. I'm booked on TR later this week to KBV. They already changed the date once on me! Can anyone tell me if Krabi flights have been affected over the last week or two?
      blog

Comment

Originally posted by haf View Post
        Not good. I'm booked on TR later this week to KBV. They already changed the date once on me! Can anyone tell me if Krabi flights have been affected over the last week or two?
        Yup. No destination spared.

Comment

Unfortunately, I think you may need to keep a closer tab on your flight. Last night, TR sneakily retimed by departing flight from SGN by 3 hours and the rest of my morning flights from late Oct and to Nov from morning to afternoon flights.

And get this, no sms/ email was sent to alert me.

They just so love it when you find out only when you reach the airport and, hey presto, they got you by the balls, as it may be too late for you to arrange an alternative flight, too expensive for you to find an alternative flight or too late for you to cancel your hotel.

Anyhow, screw TR, I cancelled all my flights (that were retimed to >4 hours).

Comment

You really have got to admire the hard faced side of them. The airline is seemingly falling apart with pax deserting them due to cancelled flights and yet today the PR department (do they share SQ's ? ) put this out:

From October 2009 to September 2010, a total of 5.6 million passengers chose to fly with Tiger Airways, an increase of 43% over the 3.9 million passengers in the preceding 12 months.

The average load factor for the 12-month period to September 2010 was 86%, an increase of 4 percentage points year-on-year.

For the month of September 2010, Tiger Airways carried 464,000 passengers, a 17% increase as compared to the same month last year. The average load factor across both airlines in Asia and Australia for the month was at 87%.

We are pleased to report continued solid growth for the Group in September, despite the technical issues with two of our aircraft impacting on our Singapore operations which resulted in a number of cancellations,” said Tony Davis, President and Group CEO of Tiger Airways Holdings. “Forward bookings for the Group remain strong, in particular during the peak travel period from December to February. Tiger Airways Australia will shortly take delivery of an additional aircraft and will commence its third base at Avalon in Victoria in November.”
            http://www.asiatraveltips.com/news10...rAirways.shtml

Comment

I wonder if TR have been propping their Aussie ops at the expense of their SIN ops. I was at SYD last month and, from the window of the SKL, could see the little TR birds taking off and landing like clockwork.
              Le jour de Saint Eugène, en traversant la Calle Mayor...

Comment

doubt so bec Tiger aussie is run very separetly from SIN and have almost nothing to do with sin ops as it have its own aircrafts based there. But Tiger aussie also haveits fair share of complaints similiar to sin esp on non customer delivery - but somewhat better than us probably bec of authorities there and their laws consumer rights.

Comment

I think TR is having a torrid time.

My flight this Sat was retimed by less than 3 hours and they are offering me a refund due to overbooking which I happily accepted.

I wrote off that flight and booked with 3K 2 days ago and I checked the prices a minute ago, 3K increased their pricing compared to 2 days ago for flight departing SGN this weekend, I think 3K is really making $$ at TR's expense and AK is having a good time with their ads as well.

Comment

Personally, I would never take TR after all that bad PR. I hate it when Airlines take customers for sh*t and TR basically exemplifies how this can be done and still claim the high ground.

At the very least, 3K and AK treats customers decently, with basic respect and some human decency. It does not hurt that AK's Nasi Lemak smells nice too
                    Life's A Bitch,
                    Love It

If GOD created me for only 1 reason. That reason would be to the love of my wife. If there was any other reasons involved, that would be for the love of Singapore Airlines

Flown with me? - http://my.flightmemory.com/inix

Comment

Originally posted by inix View Post
                      It does not hurt that AK's Nasi Lemak smells nice too
                      Well, in between the enticing aroma of their nasi lemak and a former Miss Thailand piloting their planes, I'd say AK is winning the LCC image wars

Comment

refund put in for my TR flight - now flying on TG via BKK to KBV!!
                        Last edited by haf; 15 October 2010, 11:03 AM. Reason: typo
                        blog

Comment

Huge difference in the price... I did TG SIN-BKK-KBV also previously... it was painful... but the good bit is you can upgrade BKK-KBV for peanuts!

Comment

now flying on TG via BKK to KBV!!
                            I've done BKK-KBV-BKK on TG before--pretty much smooth as silk

Plus, the KBV TG lounge is super cute! http://www.sqtalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7327

Comment

Just did SIN-BKK-KBV like a month ago and it was ok. I wouldn't recommend upgrading the BKK-KBV sector as it's on an AB6 and the flight time is only like an hour... That said, if it is dirt cheap (read: free), then why not?!

OT here, I actually find the AB6 quite a charming aircraft as it reminds me of flying TG during my younger days.... You almost expect to see curtains instead of window shades onboard!!!
                              God must have been a ship owner, he placed the raw materials far from where they are needed and covered two-thirds of the earth with water...

Comment

Was at budget terminal this afternoon. 4 TR Flights in a row were cancelled !

Comment

Working...
                                X