Confirmed: New-Build A380's to get all J upper deck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by itami View Post
    Has 9V-SKM been delivered or coming this month?

SQ346 SIN-ZRH is getting A38E from 20 Sep 2011 instead of 01 Oct 2011 when u do a random booking on singaporeair.com

SQ 221 from 19 Sep moving back to normal A380 (with EY Upper Deck), seems the A38E moving over to the Zurich sector on 20 Sep onwards.

Comment

• Was on -SKL yesterday. The seats are looking rather worn for such a new plane. Lots of chaffing on the seats and corners. Why would someone want to draw on the leather seats?

Comment

• Originally posted by feb01mel View Post
        SQ 221 from 19 Sep moving back to normal A380 (with EY Upper Deck), seems the A38E moving over to the Zurich sector on 20 Sep onwards.
        Wish the change over would happen earlier...i'm going to Zurich on 12 Sep, return 17 sep and all window seats in J are taken on both flights!

Comment

• Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
          I am not aware of any part of the A380 that is noisy. That's one of the main features of them, they are very quiet. I prefer lots of noise and smoke myself, at least that way you know the engines are still going.

Give row 96 a try, it's one row all on it's own at the back.
          Hmmm. I might do that. And if I don't like it, I can always move, right? But then again, upon arrival, I'll be the last one off the plane !

Comment

• Originally posted by Guy Betsy View Post
            Hmmm. I might do that. And if I don't like it, I can always move, right? But then again, upon arrival, I'll be the last one off the plane !
            You could rush the exit with those sharp elbows you have !

Comment

• Going to OLCI , I see that the Upper Deck J cabin is empty after row 18... and then there's me at Row 96K. I wonder if they'll let me still sit there or move me forward?

PS - I have nice soft elbows !

Comment

• Originally posted by Guy Betsy View Post
                Going to OLCI , I see that the Upper Deck J cabin is empty after row 18... and then there's me at Row 96K. I wonder if they'll let me still sit there or move me forward?

PS - I have nice soft elbows !
                I hope they won't insist to change your seat, be firm with them, tell them you wish to stick to that seat, then you will have 3 crew serving you...

Comment

• Originally posted by feb01mel View Post
                  I hope they won't insist to change your seat, be firm with them, tell them you wish to stick to that seat, then you will have 3 crew serving you...
                  I had my BP that showed 96K till I got to the lounge and was paged.. and they requested that I be moved forward as the load in J was light, they said and they wanted to group everyone together.. and move the cabin crew originally assigned in my section to downstairs where Y was full.

So I got my 'original' seat of 14K.

However when I got into the cabin, where the forward section of J, it was packed.. and yes, the occupied seats only went as far as row 20. Beyond that was empty !!

Ok.. I settled in nicely.. until after take off when I was aware of the couple sitting opposite me .. the woman was settling in nicely in her seat and enjoying her movie but her seat mate (man - but not husband/ bf) starting talking rather loudly and explaining everything there is to tell her about his trips, the aircraft configuration, the meal service, how the IFE worked, how great the service will be,.. and oh ya, you should try the fish, and oh ya, the fruit is nice.. etc.. I was ready to hurl my tau foo pok at him !

Then another lady behind me also commented on everything under the sun. Which was fine.. except that she has a dead ringer voice of Julia Child! Which after a while was driving me insane..

I also could not sleep the night before and hence was up for almost 24 hours and was looking forward to sleep.. but I couldn't.. !!

Anyway, the chief steward came by and saw me literally with one ear plug in my left ear to drown out the noise.. and offered to move me back to the back section for me to sleep.. which I did nicely and slept through after breakfast till 2 hours prior arrival. The Chief Steward had arranged a girl to keep an eye on me and was going to serve my meal there in my seat all alone, when I told her that I would go back to my original seat.. which the rest of the crew had already started meal service.

I wasn't so grouchy anymore so just sat there and enjoyed my meal..till arrival.

Comment

• Originally posted by SQJunkie View Post
                    Was in 96A on SQ212 a few days ago.

I like the seat very much but its location may be both its strength and weakness:
                    Any more recent experiences with row 96? At the moment I've just bagged 96A for SQ321 in June, but the seat map is wide open, so I'm wondering if I should snap up row 11 instead (17 and 91 blocked)

Comment

• Originally posted by kt74 View Post
                      Any more recent experiences with row 96? At the moment I've just bagged 96A for SQ321 in June, but the seat map is wide open, so I'm wondering if I should snap up row 11 instead (17 and 91 blocked)
                      On the positive, you do not have to place your feet in the 'slot' when you sleep.

But for my personal choice, I would NOT take this seat as I find the display screen too high up and the seat too near the gallery (as I prefer to avoid the noise and light not blocked by the curtain).

It is also of my opinion that it is not as 'private' as it appears on the seat map.

Happy flying.

Comment

• anyone try the full J upper desk?

how is the last row?

Comment

• SQ231 going to have all-J Upper Deck

My SQ231 flight in May had become an all-J Upper Deck when selecting seats.

Does SQ231 have such a high premium load?

Comment

• Originally posted by slacker View Post
                            My SQ231 flight in May had become an all-J Upper Deck when selecting seats.

Does SQ231 have such a high premium load?
                            SQ222 has gone all J upper as well for a flight in August.

Edit: I see that was already mentioned last page, however last week when I booked the flight it didnt have the seat map loaded.

Was in 14A but going to give 96A a go, small cabin and also dont have that cubby hole thing which is a positive.
                            Last edited by Logan^; 23 March 2012, 12:54 PM.

Comment

• I find that the noise coming from the exits in front of seat 91 markedly higher than the rest of the plane. I did a slow walking tour of the upper deck on on my way home on SQ321 to check-out the best seats. Not sure if it's because the door is just aft of the engines. But the last section is as cosy as the first section.

Comment

• Interesting to see that SIA added some new touches to the business class product.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xl3...?search_algo=1

Comment

Working...
                                X