No announcement yet.

Confirmed: New-Build A380's to get all J upper deck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

From Expertflyer, it seems from 1st Aug onwards, SQ 221 is not using all upper deck business class A380, is back to the normal A380 where business class ends at row 27.

Anyone knows on which route will new upper deck business class 388 be reployed ?

I tried other 388 routes, no sign of rows 91-96 on it too.

Comment

Originally posted by feb01mel View Post
      From Expertflyer, it seems from 1st Aug onwards, SQ 221 is not using all upper deck business class A380, is back to the normal A380 where business class ends at row 27.

Anyone knows on which route will new upper deck business class 388 be reployed ?

I tried other 388 routes, no sign of rows 91-96 on it too.
      LHR i think...

Comment

Originally posted by FN-GM View Post
        LHR i think...
        I tried check SQ 318 & SQ 322, all still using old 388.

Comment

Well they'll need a fleet (3 minimum?) so configured in order to deploy to LHR on one flight number as clearly it can't be captive on that route.

An equipment swap would be un-amusing for all except an un-involved bystander.

Comment

Ok guys, expertflyer seat map now showing back rows 91-96 on SQ221 throughout in Aug & beyond.

Comment

Originally posted by mr_botak View Post
              Well they'll need a fleet (3 minimum?) so configured in order to deploy to LHR on one flight number as clearly it can't be captive on that route.

An equipment swap would be un-amusing for all except an un-involved bystander.
              Just 2.

Comment

Singapore Airlines plans All-Upper Deck Business Class A380 to London/Zurich from Oct

Singapore Airlines plans All-Upper Deck Business Class A380 to London/Zurich from Oct 2011

http://airlineroute.net/2011/08/04/sq-a8e-oct11/

Comment

MY selected seats on the upper deck economy class flight SQ318, Singapore to London disappeared from my booking, phoned today to be told that upper deck will be all business class on this flight although my other flights SQ317, 221 and 222 have not changed, they didn't notify me though...good job i checked!

Comment

I'm booked to fly in the new All J class upper deck tomorrow morning on SQ 212

I'm checked in @ seat 15K, but will definitely be walking about the cabin - so I'll make sure to take plenty of pics of anything new compared to the previous A380 models.

Any requests?

Comment

• HOE NOES! I am le sad. The two routes I'll be flying on will no longer have upper deck EY. Will try my hardest to get upper deck EY in September for SIN-LHR!

Comment

• Was in 96A on SQ212 a few days ago.

I like the seat very much but its location may be both its strength and weakness: good service being close to the galley, but increased noise being near the lav.
                        Fortunately for me, there were only 22 in J that day (1 in Suites).
                        Service was excellent, probably my best J flight.
                        Nothing was too difficult nor too trivial.

CSS had a long chat with me (twice), as did the other crew members.
                        In conversation it came out that I am quite partial to Krug,
                        and 2 crew members said "We'll see what we can do...".
                        After about 2 hours, one came back to me and apologised that they were unsuccessful: the solo R lady passenger basically slept the whole way, and they could not open a bottle just for me in J.
                        Bummer, but I do appreciate the effort,
                        and I am sure it was not just lip service.

It is v hard to justify F or R with service like this in J !
                        F all the way. Settle for J. Usually whY. Sigh.

Comment

• Originally posted by SQJunkie View Post

they could not open a bottle just for me in J.
                          Bummer, but I do appreciate the effort,
                          and I am sure it was not just lip service
                          I believe it was true. When in First & no longer required a particular wine, I have personally witnessed crew offering to J passenger instead.

Comment

• Has 9V-SKM been delivered or coming this month?

SQ346 SIN-ZRH is getting A38E from 20 Sep 2011 instead of 01 Oct 2011 when u do a random booking on singaporeair.com

Comment

• I'm flying SQ212 next week on the all J Upper Deck. Right now I'm in 14K. The front of the deck is quite full whereas at the back it seems wide open.

Is there much of a difference in service front vs back? Noise levels? Not that I've that much experience in J on the A380 BTW... I've only flown J on SQ's A380 twice excluding my flight next week.

Comment

• Originally posted by Guy Betsy View Post
                                Is there much of a difference in service front vs back? Noise levels?
                                I am not aware of any part of the A380 that is noisy. That's one of the main features of them, they are very quiet. I prefer lots of noise and smoke myself, at least that way you know the engines are still going.

Give row 96 a try, it's one row all on it's own at the back.

Comment

Working...
                                X