SQ's new Y class seat on their newly-retrofitted aircrafts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Nick C View Post
    You are confusing finance/operating leases with leasing out of fixed assets.

SQ bought 77 777s but over the years they have sold a couple of them to financial firms and leased them back on operating leases with fixed periods and options to extend. So that's 14. In some cases

On the other hand SQ has leased out 6 777s to BI.

Yes the 333s are leased and so are a couple of the 388s.

My sincerest apologies . I didn't know SQ did that .
    I thought that they only had the 330s on lease .
    Guess ; I do learn something new everyday

Comment

Originally posted by soarbeyond View Post
      I am glad they're doing something for my favourite aircraft in the fleet !
      Hmmm... we have the same opinion! Love the 777! Especially the -300ER.

Anyways, I have a question about something slightly related (hope it isn't too off-topic)

Why is there a difference in the old Y of some of the 9V-SY* birds? For example:

9V-SYD

and

9V-SYL

have different appearances. Although they both have the "old" blue/purple seat covers, some of the 9V-SY* birds such as 9V-SYL has "mesh-pockets" beside the PTV. Also, I noticed on my SIN-CGK flight, that on these birds with the extra "side-pockets", PTVs are a lot sharper and clearer in quality even though it's the same version of KrisWorld as the other Y seats with out the side pockets. So, why the difference in appearance?
      Such a gentle way about you / All around the world / Wouldn't go away without you / Singapore Girl, you're a great way to fly

Comment

^^

Those SYJ and beyond have AVOD across the cabin whereas those until SYI do not. Perhaps those SYJ and beyond are meant for low-yielding but "long distance" regional destinations."

Comment

Originally posted by hybridace101 View Post
          SYJ and beyond have AVOD across the cabin whereas those until SYI do not. Perhaps those SYJ and beyond are meant for low-yielding but "long distance" regional destinations."
          Slight correction - it is SYF and beyond that has AVOD across the cabin... SYA - SYE are the ones without AVOD (similar to SQA - SQH and SRF - SRI).

Of course we all know now that SYF has been retrofitted and is in a different config (but not the 300ER/330/380 config).

Comment

^^

Those SYJ and beyond have AVOD across the cabin whereas those until SYI do not. Perhaps those SYJ and beyond are meant for low-yielding but "long distance" regional destinations."
            SQ's order for the 777-300 was made in 2 orders. The first batch (SYA-SYE) came without AVOD while the second batch (SYF-SYL) with AVOD were delivered later.

Comment

Sorry, I was referring to the SR* series. Anyway, regardless of the series, they have the same idea that those with newer seats have AVOD and are intended for longer range low yield destinations.

Comment

IST is a long range & low-yielding route, and you still see non-AVOD 9V-SYA-SYE 773 plying that route.

Comment

There is no distinction between the AVOD and non-AVOD birds within a series when it comes to deployment - they are all equally allocated to all destinations served by the particular fleet type. When the SR-series used to come to Australia, you'd see, randomly, AVOD and non-AVOD birds being deployed on the different flights with no distinction.

So the argument about AVOD birds going on longer range destinations does not quite hold, unfortunately... (although we all wish they did).

Comment

Originally posted by a340-313x View Post
                    There is no distinction between the AVOD and non-AVOD birds within a series when it comes to deployment - they are all equally allocated to all destinations served by the particular fleet type. When the SR-series used to come to Australia, you'd see, randomly, AVOD and non-AVOD birds being deployed on the different flights with no distinction.

So the argument about AVOD birds going on longer range destinations does not quite hold, unfortunately... (although we all wish they did).
                    Agreed. Singapore Airlines deploys both AVOD and non-AVOD birds randomly to Shanghai all the time (773s). I flew on the AVOD B773 once from PVG. Too bad for my friend, who flew on the non-AVOD B773 when she came to shanghai.

I guess it just depends on luck...

Comment

^^

That might change as more 772s and 773s turn into 72As and 73As respectively. Hence I am still wondering when the MNL-SIN route will get its share of 72As as high-yield routes like those in Australia and China get their share of refurbished regional aircrafts. What I'm dreading is that some said some 772s and 773s won't get refurbished but aren't heading towards retirement either and as KUL-SIN gets A330s, the unrefurbished ones will permanently be assigned to the MNL-SIN route.

Either way we won't see the technology Y passengers on the A330, A380 and 77W enjoy and that is a USB port to connect their personal entertainment collection to the aircraft's IFE system.

Comment

For the moment, the 72As and (one and only) 73A are on very fixed rotations so it is not likely they will go on other routes. In fact, it is more likely they may find a random old 772/3 sitting around to be substituted onto one of the refurb-ed flights (i.e. SQ doing a TG).

Comment

can anyone tell me on the cairo flights if the 777 aircraft will all have avod or some with avod and some without?

Comment

Originally posted by SQADL333 View Post
                            can anyone tell me on the cairo flights if the 777 aircraft will all have avod or some with avod and some without?
                            No AVOD, since Cairo is operated by the regional 772s (SQ* series) (un-refurbished) So the chances are pretty high for non-AVOD aircraft.
                            The Romance of Travel... Singapore Airlines

Comment

Perhaps those SYJ and beyond are meant for low-yielding but "long distance" regional destinations."
                              I flew aboard 9V-SYL SIN - CGK! Must be lucky to be on that one!

Originally posted by bubblerevolution View Post
                              No AVOD, since Cairo is operated by the regional 772s (SQ* series) (un-refurbished) So the chances are pretty high for non-AVOD aircraft.
                              SQ used to operate the B773s (9V-SY*) out to CAI back in Summer 2009. Here is a photo I took while aboard 9V-SYA from DXB - SIN (ex-CAI).

http://www.jetphotos.net/viewphoto.php?id=6664030

I wonder why they changed it to B772, after all, DXB - SIN leg is quite full and I believe is a high-yeild route for SQ.
                              Such a gentle way about you / All around the world / Wouldn't go away without you / Singapore Girl, you're a great way to fly

Comment

Originally posted by SQ_fanatic View Post
                                why arent the new IFE refurbished on these birds?...
                                Originally posted by globetrekker84 View Post
                                Money?
                                Perhaps they are reserving the newer IFEs for high-yield routes like those in China and Australia and those that use T3 for departures.

Comment

Working...
                                X