Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SQ's new Y class seat on their newly-retrofitted aircrafts

Hi everyone!

Since the start of SQs retrofitted 777s, there has been very minor changes to SQs Y class. Only Y class' seat covers are changed into the one designed by Givenchy. However, SQ has already started to improve their Y-class tremendously, with bigger 9-inch TVs and a more contemporary look. I had the chance of flying on those seats on 9V-SRQ from PVG-SIN. The overall feel of the cabin was very calm and stylish. It was superb.

Photos of the new Y-Class seats on 9V-SRQ (B777-200)

Its nice, isn't it?

Thanks for viewing.
    Max
    Last edited by Maxie773; 30 October 2010, 12:08 PM.

Originally posted by Maxie773 View Post
    Its nice, isn't it?
    Definitely! I would love to try it out! I've never even tried Y on the A388, A333, or B77W so this concept of SQ's cabin interior is still "new" to me because all this time I have flown with SQ was in the old blue/purple Y seats!
    Such a gentle way about you / All around the world / Wouldn't go away without you / Singapore Girl, you're a great way to fly

Comment

Hi Maxie,

Those are actually the exact same seats as before, just that they've now got new seat covers and a bigger TV. But they look quite cozy don't they?

Comment

Originally posted by a340-313x View Post
        Those are actually the exact same seats as before, just that they've now got new seat covers and a bigger TV. But they look quite cozy don't they?
        Oh Yeah... I didn't look closely enough... hehe. Thanks! Greatly appreciate your help!

Comment

Looks good. I like how your first photo has some "motion blur". Where are these retrofitted a/cs operating to?

Comment

The colours are very pleasing to the eyes
            UNLIKE those horrible Blue/Purple seat covers :S
            I am glad they're doing something for my favourite aircraft in the fleet !

Comment

I flew on one of these retrofitted 777s back in July coming back from Hong Kong in Y. They are nice and everything, but this was the first time I found the seats hard as a rock (I've never had that opinion before about SQ's Y seats). Hopefully next time I'm on one of these birds my impression is different, or at least my tooshie finds it that way .
              I'm still waiting for my cookie as my first name is Kris

Comment

Where do we find out among the 9V-SR* and 9V-SY* series will get a refurbishment and which ones will be on their way out? I'm trying to find out which regionally-configured aircrafts will actually have AVOD.

Comment

I must say the new seats are certainly tad harder than the old ones.. Is the IFE screen the same as the new products? They look a little different to me.. (cant see clearly from those pics)

Comment

Originally posted by wsssaero View Post
                    Where are these retrofitted a/cs operating to?
                    Sydney - SQ231/232
                    SQ219/220 7x weekly frequency

Riyadh (Via Dubai) - SQ454/SQ453 4x weekly frequency

Istanbul (Via Dubai) - SQ490/491 6x weekly frequency

Dubai - SQ494/495 1x weekly frequency

Shanghai - SQ830/833
                    SQ836/825 7x weekly frequency

Originally posted by hybridace101 View Post
                    Where do we find out among the 9V-SR* and 9V-SY* series will get a refurbishment and which ones will be on their way out? I'm trying to find out which regionally-configured aircrafts will actually have AVOD.
                    9V-SYA - 9V-SYE will be on their way out.
                    9V-SYF - 9V-SYL will get a refurbishment.

9V-SRA - 9V-SRI will be on their way out. (9V-SRA, SRB, and SRD is already out)
                    9V-SRJ - 9V-SRQ will get a refurbishment.

9V-SQA - 9V-SQH will be on their way out. (9V-SQA is already out)
                    9V-SQI - 9V-SQN will get a refurbishment.

9V-SVE, 9V-SVH - 9V-SVO will get a refurbishment
                    (9V-SVA - SVD, SVF-SVG are being leased to Royal Brunei)

The aircrafts getting a refurbishment are all AVOD. The ones on their way out have no AVOD.

Originally posted by SQ_fanatic View Post
                    I must say the new seats are certainly tad harder than the old ones.. Is the IFE screen the same as the new products? They look a little different to me.. (cant see clearly from those pics)
                    Nope, they are not the same as the new products. They are just:

But bigger. (6-inch to 9-inch)
                    The IFE is also modified, but its not the same with the new IFE.

Comment

^^

To clarify, the SR* series is a 772 regional bi-class, SQ* is regional 772 tri-class and SY* is a regional 773 tri-class?

Comment

Yeap, that's right.
                        But in a few months time, the SQ* series would be two-class too, as some of them are going to be retired while the rest are going to be refurbished.

Comment

Originally posted by Maxie773 View Post
                          Yeap, that's right.
                          But in a few months time, the SQ* series would be two-class too, as some of them are going to be retired while the rest are going to be refurbished.
                          All the remaining SQ* series (SQI~SQN) and SR* series (SRM~SRQ) have already gone through refurbishment to the seat covers, now they are just getting the bigger screens installed in economy class from the old 6inch to 9inch

SQ* series (SQI~SQN) are already in 2 classes with 38J/228Y configuration

There are no news at present as to whether the SV* series or the 773s will get their refurbishment or not
                          Last edited by bubblerevolution; 2 November 2010, 07:41 PM.
                          The Romance of Travel... Singapore Airlines

Comment

why arent the new IFE refurbished on these birds?...

Comment

Originally posted by SQ_fanatic View Post
                              why arent the new IFE refurbished on these birds?...
                              Money?

Comment

Working...
                              X