I saw a caucasian SQ steward in SIN

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I saw a caucasian SQ steward in SIN

It was at T3 food court when I noticed a very obvious caucasian man in SQ's cabin crew uniform buying a drink..

He had dark hair and well, rather good looking. He didn't look 'eurasian' but caucasian.

I take it that he could been a PR or even a citizen of Singapore and SQ's only requirement to be a cabin crew are those if they live in Singapore.

So has anyone else seen him too?

Originally posted by Guy Betsy View Post
    So has anyone else seen him too?
    If it's the same guy he was Chief Steward on one of my recent flights. He is Singaporean, and a top fella. Had a very interesting chat with him.

Comment

This only applies to stewards right because a white girl would not look right in an Asian uniform, sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by SQ_SIA View Post
        This only applies to stewards right because
        What only applies to Stewards ?.

Comment

Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
          What only applies to Stewards ?.
          Being "White".........not Euroasian

Comment

Originally posted by SQ_SIA View Post
            Being "White".........not Euroasian
            Being 'white' only applied to stewards ?!.

You've lost me I'm afraid but never mind....

Comment

Being 'white' only applied to stewards ?!.

You've lost me I'm afraid but never mind....
              I believe he SQ_SIA was talking about his viewpoint that Caucasian ladies wouldn't look right in the very Asian SQ uniform...
              Life's A Bitch,
              Love It

If GOD created me for only 1 reason. That reason would be to the love of my wife. If there was any other reasons involved, that would be for the love of Singapore Airlines

Flown with me? - http://my.flightmemory.com/inix

Comment

If it's the same guy he was Chief Steward on one of my recent flights. He is Singaporean, and a top fella. Had a very interesting chat with him.
                No, he looks too young to be CS. I can see on his tie that its 'bluish' though. So that's either GS or LS?

http://www.singaporeair.com/mediacen...ws/NE_3208.jsp

I mean, I didn't run up to him and say, "Hey. Let me see your tie colour". I think it was bad enough for me to be gawking at him already!

Its true though, what would SQ do if a blonde haired blue eyed girl applied for a position and she's a PR in Singapore. Would SQ exclude her?

Comment

Originally posted by inix View Post
                  I believe he SQ_SIA was talking about his viewpoint that Caucasian ladies wouldn't look right in the very Asian SQ uniform...
                  When MH started their flights to EZE via JNB and CPT, there was an Argentinian FA and a white South African FA, both dressed in the kebaya. I thought they looked lovely. Caucasian women in Asian dress can look gorgeous in an Ursula Andress-in-cheongsam/Maud-Adams-in-a-sari kind of way
                  Le jour de Saint Eugène, en traversant la Calle Mayor...

Comment

We can only hope to catch a glimpse of the only caucasian FA with CX who is based in YVR. She looks lovely in the blue / long skirt as leading stewardess.

Comment

there is a radio DJ on Class95, his nick is Flying Dutchman, and he is caucasian looking but a 100% born and raised in Singapore Singaporean...

we also have another caucasian looking forummer by the nick of Pinkfloyd, who speak with a heavy singlish accent when he wants to ... went to a pub here with him and all the girls thought he is a good catch because of his looks (or maybe his wallet).....
                      This is a computer generated message, no signature required....

Comment

Originally posted by kapitan View Post
                        there is a radio DJ on Class95, his nick is Flying Dutchman, and he is caucasian looking but a 100% born and raised in Singapore Singaporean...

we also have another caucasian looking forummer by the nick of Pinkfloyd, who speak with a heavy singlish accent when he wants to ... went to a pub here with him and all the girls thought he is a good catch because of his looks (or maybe his wallet).....
                        The Flying Dutchman's real name is Mark Van Cuylenberg.

Comment

Originally posted by Guy Betsy View Post
                          We can only hope to catch a glimpse of the only caucasian FA with CX who is based in YVR. She looks lovely in the blue / long skirt as leading stewardess.
                          Does she speak Cantonese? Fluently? IMO it seems odd to see a caucasian FA when the rest of the cabin crew aren't, including in kebayas

Comment

Originally posted by kapitan View Post

Looks?? They must be blind if that was the case!! As for the wallet, well there is not much there to be honest... And being ripped off at HAM during my cadet days has taught me what NOT TO DO (for some reason I miss St. Pauli and the Beer Garden at BRV )...

Anyway going back on topic, there are a small handful of Eurasians in Singapore that look more Caucasian ("Ang Moh") than mix.
                            God must have been a ship owner, he placed the raw materials far from where they are needed and covered two-thirds of the earth with water...

Comment

Originally posted by SilverChris View Post
                              Does she speak Cantonese? Fluently? IMO it seems odd to see a caucasian FA when the rest of the cabin crew aren't, including in kebayas
                              She's fluent in Japanese.

There are also a few other caucasian FAs CX has based in London apparently. 3 guys and a girl who are fluent in Japanese, Mandarin and Cantonese. And the girl is Italian too!

But then come to think of it, it is not becoming too unusual these days to see caucasian speaking asian languages...

There's a FA over at Air Canada who's blond hair and blue eyes who speaks better manadarin than anyone I know - and without accent too!

Comment

Working...
                              X