No announcement yet.

A380/77W: route and equipment rumours

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just a general observation thingo - I think SQ would rather deploy their 77Ws on Aussie / North Asia routes way before using one on AMS... as has been previously mentioned, irrelevant competition on SIN-AMS doesn't justify throwing away a 77W here...

Comment

• ohh, so you guys are saying 747 SIN-FRA-JFK might decompose into 77W SIN-FRA-JFK-TPE-SIN

haha! If I understand correctly, this is a possible route.

Comment

• Originally posted by zvezda View Post
        SQ25 could be re-timed to depart FRA at 07:30 and arrive SIN just after midnight.
        Unlikely. SQ25 picks up a lot of connecting passengers off morning codeshares on LH flights inbound to FRA around 1000 -- 1100.

Comment

For AMS, chances of 777-300ER service are slim. For CPH and especially for ATH, the chances closely approximate zero.
          I'd agree with that completely. Both times that I've flown from SIN- AMS in the past 2 years the plane hasn't even been half-full. Maybe I just got lucky, but no other European route has ever been as empty when I've flown it.

Comment

• Originally posted by vincent0720 View Post
            ohh, so you guys are saying 747 SIN-FRA-JFK might decompose into 77W SIN-FRA-JFK-TPE-SIN

haha! If I understand correctly, this is a possible route.
            Does this mean that SQ26 will operate as 388 and SQ326 will operate as 77W.
            SIN-TPE-JFK-FRA-JFK-TPE-SIN will operate as a separate 77W and timed to meet SQ25 back to SIN appropriately?

Comment

• Originally posted by eriond View Post
              Does this mean that SQ26 will operate as 388 and SQ326 will operate as 77W.
              SIN-TPE-JFK-FRA-JFK-TPE-SIN will operate as a separate 77W and timed to meet SQ25 back to SIN appropriately?
              Humm, interesting possibility.

This may actually work.
              SIN 0630 - TPE 1100
              TPE 1230 - JFK 1630
              JFK 1800 - FRA 0700+1
              FRA 0900 - JFK 1130
              JFK 1330 - TPE 1730+1
              TPE 1900 - SIN 2330

It will an awfully long trip for the crew, assuming that they follow the entire journey.

Timing of each sector is good for local traffic. But you need 3 1/2 77Ws to operate this itinerary on a sustainable basis. Where can SQ find them? You also need 1 1/2 A388 to operate SIN-FRA-SIN.

Comment

• Originally posted by SQ228 View Post
                I'd agree with that completely. Both times that I've flown from SIN- AMS in the past 2 years the plane hasn't even been half-full. Maybe I just got lucky, but no other European route has ever been as empty when I've flown it.
                This is not my experience. I've flown SIN-AMS about 15 times in the last two years and the cabin was half empty only once. Typically there have only been a handful of free seats, irrespective of which day of the week I was flying on, and many times the flight has been completely full in Y and C. I've been waiting for an upgauge as it's hard to get seats at all sometimes.

Comment

• Originally posted by TerryK View Post
                  It will an awfully long trip for the crew, assuming that they follow the entire journey.
                  Both flight and cabin crew would get 1 or 2 nights rest after each segment.

Comment

Both flight and cabin crew would get 1 or 2 nights rest after each segment.
                    Yes, that will make it 12 day assignment for crew. Most USA assignments, SIN-NRT-LAX, SIN-ICN-SFO, etc., are 7-8 day. Not sure how SIN-BCN-GRU will work but it should be 9-10 day.
                    Last edited by TerryK; 10 February 2011, 04:17 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by TerryK View Post
                      Not sure how SIN-BCN-GRU will work but it should be 9-10 day.
                      Crew rotations are likely to be similar for SIN-BCN-GRU as for SIN-DME-IAH.

Comment

Crew rotations are likely to be similar for SIN-BCN-GRU as for SIN-DME-IAH.
                        At least for the first few months, not every crew will have a chance to go to GRU, those selected will now have to go for the injection jab vaccination first before being certified fit to GRU.

Comment

For AMS, chances of 777-300ER service are slim. For CPH and especially for ATH, the chances closely approximate zero.
                          Originally posted by SQ228
                          Thanks for the input. I have no experience with CPH and ATH but AMS loads from my (very limited) experiences were high. Though from SQ228's personal observation, I guess I was just darn unlucky to always get near full flights.

I haven't flown to AMS for quite a while but noticed that it is rather difficult to secure an award ticket on it when I tried recently. I guess that did not give much representation of the true load.

Now I am wondering where to plonk some miles for a few J saver seats later in the year in the hope of an equipment change to the 380 or at least a 77W.

Comment

• Originally posted by feb01mel View Post
                            At least for the first few months, not every crew will have a chance to go to GRU, those selected will now have to go for the injection jab vaccination first before being certified fit to GRU.
                            I presume you're referring to Yellow Fever vaccination. Technically speaking, it's not required, but if there's a yellow fever epidemic, then those without the vaccination and the cert that proves you've had the jab, you will not be allowed to enter Brasil

Comment

• Originally posted by vsepr View Post
                              Why not put A380s or B777-300ERs on Shanghai or Beijing routes for SQ830 & SQ802? Both these flights are B777-300 (18 seater in First Class) for dates in Jan 2012. There are 4 to 5 flights a day to Shanghai and 3 to Beijing...
                              I believe SQ830/833 to/from PVG is currectly operated with the reconfigured B773 (9V-SYF) right now..

Comment

• Originally posted by eamond View Post
                                I believe SQ830/833 to/from PVG is currectly operated with the reconfigured B773 (9V-SYF) right now..
                                As mentioned before, 9V-SYF is now on SQ408/407, it has never been on SQ830/833.

Comment

Working...
                                X