• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dent@SUB View Post
    AMS???
    Yes Dent@SUB AMS

Originally posted by Pinkfloyd View Post
    Well, it's only 12hours-ish really...
    haha actually we arrived only a few minutes early.

Well having just flown it i have to agree with Yuel that the product is in immaculate condition And i still would opt for this over the new regional J

Comment

Originally posted by soarbeyond View Post
      Yes Dent@SUB AMS

haha actually we arrived only a few minutes early.

Well having just flown it i have to agree with Yuel that the product is in immaculate condition And i still would opt for this over the new regional J
      I still love the SpaceBeds... And yes, quality-wise, it is still a lot better than the Diamond Seat and new Regional J seats.. Although the chair controls seem to have a mind of its own!
      God must have been a ship owner, he placed the raw materials far from where they are needed and covered two-thirds of the earth with water...

Comment

Originally posted by Pinkfloyd View Post
        I still love the SpaceBeds... And yes, quality-wise, it is still a lot better than the Diamond Seat and new Regional J seats.. Although the chair controls seem to have a mind of its own!
        I agree!!!!When i wanted it back up it didn't react.When i wanted it in a slight recline it went all the down! but.... love it loads!!!And they don't seem to be "trashed" as bad as the diamond and new regional J. The leather on some of those seats seem to age pretty fast,some are dirty and some have scribbles on them

Comment

I have yet to try the new Regional J seat. When compared to old Regional J, it's a quantum leap forward.

The fact that we are comparing it to the SQ's old long haul Spacebed is testament to what a great regional seat it is.

I think SQ took the Spacebed as the benchmark and tried to improve on it.

What needed improving? Reliability.

As soarbeyond mentioned, sometimes Spacebed "hangs". Well I imagine by having fewer motors ( the armrests don't retract in new regional J unlike in Spacebed ), this is less likely.

I'm sure the seat is lighter too compared to the Spacebed.

If what I've been reading is to true, a big boo boo if the footwells are too small in "sleep" mode

A case of 2 steps forward and 1 step back.

Looking forward to trying new Regional J...

Comment

Yeah I am not sure what is up with the scribbles on the new Regional J and some of the Diamond seats I have encountered. Maybe people look at the light-ish colour upholstery and think to themselves "this looks like a nice scribbling pad"... Way strange and really irritating IMHO...
            God must have been a ship owner, he placed the raw materials far from where they are needed and covered two-thirds of the earth with water...

Comment

Originally posted by 9V-SIA View Post
              I have yet to try the new Regional J seat. When compared to old Regional J, it's a quantum leap forward.

The fact that we are comparing it to the SQ's old long haul Spacebed is testament to what a great regional seat it is.

I think SQ took the Spacebed as the benchmark and tried to improve on it.

What needed improving? Reliability.

As soarbeyond mentioned, sometimes Spacebed "hangs". Well I imagine by having fewer motors ( the armrests don't retract in new regional J unlike in Spacebed ), this is less likely.

I'm sure the seat is lighter too compared to the Spacebed.

If what I've been reading is to true, a big boo boo if the footwells are too small in "sleep" mode

A case of 2 steps forward and 1 step back.

Looking forward to trying new Regional J...
              Good post. The padding on the new seat is also better (I sleep a lot better on the new seat) and I am sliding less on the new Regional seat.

Prefer the new Regional seat over the Spacebed.

Comment

Working...
              X