Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spacebed vs New Regional Business Class

Hi fellow SQTalk-ers,

In case this haven't been discussed, what are your thought on SQ's new and old business class products, in particular the Spacebed and the New Regional Business Class. I am fortunate enough to be able to redeem a business class ticket to Sydney next year and I am wondering which would be a greater product onboard the B777-200 J class, since SQ offers both products into Sydney. It would be great to have some insight into the matter. Thanks

Yuell

New J all the way, a lot bigger TVs, very similar seats etc.

Comment

i somehow pferer the suede like material on the spacebed to the leather on the New Regional J

Comment

Been on both seats, personally in seat wise somehow I couldn't find any significant differences in comfort (bulkhead one). Just a new leather cover on the new one.
        But on other row except bulkhead, I heard some complaints about the un-proportional feet hole on the new regional J, to small even for a regular men's feet.

Comment

Originally posted by Dent@SUB View Post
          I heard some complaints about the un-proportional feet hole on the new regional J, to small even for a regular men's feet.
          haha i agree.I cant seem to fit my feet in there with my shoes on

Comment

thats true if you lie down you need size 3 feet.

Comment

New Regional J.

Reason: Then don't give wedgies unlike the Spacebeds.

Comment

The new Regional J is a great addition to SQ's offering and it is more comfortable than the Spacebed. The padding is softer and I can sleep better on the new seat. For very long flights I would still prefer the Diamond seat and go fully flat but no issues flying the new Regional J overnight.

Comment

Gonna enjoy the spacebed for 13hours and 20 minutes later!

Comment

Originally posted by soarbeyond View Post
                    AMS???

Comment

Originally posted by soarbeyond View Post
                      Well, it's only 12hours-ish really...
                      God must have been a ship owner, he placed the raw materials far from where they are needed and covered two-thirds of the earth with water...

Comment

Seems like everyone has their personal thoughts on both products. Thank you for the insights. I am booked on SQ241 which operates the Spacebed in J into Sydney mid next year. However judging from pictures taken on recent trip reports aboard the Spacebed I have to say the product looks immaculate despite being in service for almost 8 or so years now?

Yuell

Comment

If I can get 11A or K, or any in row 11 I suppose then New J over the SpaceBed for me. I would take it for any day flight as well.

However, if it is a long haul overnight flight where I wanted to sleep and I couldn't get row 11, I would prefer the SpaceBed. I find that minute footwell on the New J a bad design flaw and very annoying.

Comment

Spacebed for me. As mentioned before, I find the footwell on the new regional J too small to my feet.

Comment

definitely spacebed for me and prefer a bulkhead left/right row aisle seat.

Comment

Working...
                              X