Paying a deposit on SQ tickets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mhadian View Post
    I'm in Australia, and most bank allow this (commbank/westpac/anz/NAB).

First time i did this, i ask the bank if it allowed, bank said "NO". I did it anyway and never had problems with it.

The only effect on this, next month or so, you will get letter asking if you want a credit limit increase ><
    It is frowned upon in Australia, not sure about the UK. Most credit card accounts in Australia have an anti-money laundering provision in the T&Cs which prevent credit card accounts from going into credit. If overdoing it, the financial institution can close your credit card account immediately. Certainly the case with the accounts I maintain with ANZ, NAB and AMEX; got a call from AMEX once after I accidentally paid my bill twice and got a cheque back for the amount in credit. Scheme debit or charge cards come in handy in situations like these.

In saying that, if pre-paying a credit card into credit is possible in the UK then it'd be the obvious solution for the OP.
    Last edited by KeithMEL; 22 June 2010, 03:33 PM.
    All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

Originally posted by mhadian View Post
      Limit on the credit card doesnt meant you can't put more money into it....

you have 5k limit on your card, you can put 10k for example, and you can use it like normal...
      Originally posted by Kyo View Post
      'Prepay' extra on the card first...
      Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
      See if you can pay money to your card so you are in credit and thus have the amount needed available. Or indeed get a TA.
      They wont allow me to do it

Comment

this may sound stupid but assuming these are a few tickets we are talking about, how about doing the tickets as seperate bookings and paying them seperately. Unless it is some gv2 specials which is unusual, it may work.

Comment

I don't think airlines systems have the capability to accept partial payment. Either you are ticketed or not, there is no middle ground. They could, however, hold the seats for you without payment for a few days provided that your fare's T&C allows it.

Comment

Just on the phone to SQ as we speak. They have kindly saved us the seats. under 2 books. We have 14 days to pay them. This gives us plenty of time to sort them out.

Thanks

Comment

You could book the tickets separately and not pick a seat then when you've got all the tickets sorted out start to pick the seats. If not usually about one month before the flight and one week before the flight, a whole bunch of seats open up on the plane for your pick.

Comment

Not that fussed about seats along as we are all on the same Aircraft

Comment

Working...
                X