Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paying a deposit on SQ tickets

Hi,

I would like to book £6,000 worth of tickets on SQ for the family. By credit limit on my credit card isnt that much. The idea is to buy some tickets pay it off and after a few days buy some more.

The last thing i want is to find that the seats have been taken and the family to be split on 2 flights. Can i pay a deposit on the tickets of about £5,000 and then pay off my card and pay the rest a few days later please?

Thanks

Call up the credit card company. Ask if it would be possible if you could pay upfront now, and ask for a temporary credit increase for that sum.

Comment

I did, the answer to both is no because you need to be with them for a year. I have been with them 11 months

Comment

Do you not have a debit card, in addition to a credit card?

How about asking one of your relatives to make a separate booking? Or taking their credit card details to pay the balance?

Comment

Ah well, from Manchester the paying party has to be traveling, i had lots of problems last year when i didnt have a credit card. So i cant borrow a card. I dont have the correct debit card, they wont accept it. I have the money to pay off the card, but it takes 2 working days to do so, i dont want to loose the seats.

Thanks

Comment

You know, you could have booked these with a travel agent you know.. who would gladly just held the bookings for you until ticketing deadline! Might have gotten a discount too !

Comment

The travel agents i tried where about £100 a ticket extra, something i didnt really want to pay. I will phone SQ in the morning and see what they say.

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by FN-GM View Post
                The travel agents i tried where about £100 a ticket extra, something i didnt really want to pay. I will phone SQ in the morning and see what they say.

Thanks
                Try Trailfinders. They're usually very good. Or else, yes, call SQ direct to the UK office ticketing desk - not the too free line where you will be connected to someone who doesn't care in India!

Comment

Limit on the credit card doesnt meant you can't put more money into it....

you have 5k limit on your card, you can put 10k for example, and you can use it like normal...

Comment

'Prepay' extra on the card first...

Comment

Originally posted by mhadian View Post
                      Limit on the credit card doesnt meant you can't put more money into it....

you have 5k limit on your card, you can put 10k for example, and you can use it like normal...
                      Originally posted by Kyo View Post
                      'Prepay' extra on the card first...
                      Not all banks allow this. You may find that transaction amounts above your credit limit will still be blocked no matter how much funds you put into your credit card. Check with your bank to know for sure.

I'm sure SQ has a ticketing office in MAN that you can visit? If so, drop by in person and pay for all the tickets using cash?
                      Last edited by KeithMEL; 22 June 2010, 12:50 PM.
                      All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

Hmm, okay - over here in SIN, I can just credit whatever sum I want into the Credit Card account. Hasn't struck me that CC companies wouldn't want this...

Although we do know Australia has some rather unusual policies, to be sure...

Comment

I'm in Australia, and most bank allow this (commbank/westpac/anz/NAB).

First time i did this, i ask the bank if it allowed, bank said "NO". I did it anyway and never had problems with it.

The only effect on this, next month or so, you will get letter asking if you want a credit limit increase ><

Comment

Originally posted by FN-GM View Post
                            Hi,

I would like to book £6,000 worth of tickets on SQ for the family. By credit limit on my credit card isnt that much. The idea is to buy some tickets pay it off and after a few days buy some more.

The last thing i want is to find that the seats have been taken and the family to be split on 2 flights. Can i pay a deposit on the tickets of about £5,000 and then pay off my card and pay the rest a few days later please?

Thanks

Book what you can through the SQ.com website and then just after (or before), book/reserve (but do not issue ticket) through a travel agent for the outstanding tickets. They will give you a ticketing deadline.

When you have paid down the CC so there is sufficient available balance to purchase the balance (which are being held by the TA)book them through the sq.com website and call SQ to link the two PNRs. Then cancel the TA booking.

This assumes there is availability still, but i am sure one of the kind folk (including myself) on this board can check expertflyer for inventory if you let us know your route/dates.

Comment

See if you can pay money to your card so you are in credit and thus have the amount needed available. Or indeed get a TA.

Originally posted by KeithMEL View Post
                              I'm sure SQ has a ticketing office in MAN that you can visit? If so, drop by in person and pay for all the tickets using cash?
                              Not any more. They got rid of that and the fabulous girls who worked there a few years ago.

They don't even have one in central London any more either. The only place in the UK where you can rock up and sort a ticket out now is the one in T3 at LHR.

Comment

Working...
                              X