SIN CPH aircraft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SIN CPH aircraft

Does anyone knows about the aircraft type for this route? Cos it seems that SQ and the website gave contradicting info... the former says a B777-200ER while the later(manage bookings) says B777-200.

It's a pity that they use the older products for a long haul flt.

Im pretty sure it would be the ER variant SV* series

Comment

Originally posted by SQ_fanatic View Post
      Does anyone knows about the aircraft type for this route? Cos it seems that SQ and the website gave contradicting info... the former says a B777-200ER while the later(manage bookings) says B777-200.

It's a pity that they use the older products for a long haul flt.
      Yes, it is unfortunately still the 772ER.

Comment

There is no (direct) competition on this route, so they can use a worse product and still win!

Comment

Originally posted by dj_jay_smith View Post
          There is no (direct) competition on this route, so they can use a worse product and still win!
          Well, SQ has competition with KL on the SIN-AMS sector but they still use the 77E. I quite like the 77E for it's J product actually.
          God must have been a ship owner, he placed the raw materials far from where they are needed and covered two-thirds of the earth with water...

Comment

Yeah, they charge monopoly prices after SAS pulled out since long ago. Does anyone know if its AVOD? Cos I was on a B777-300 and it didnt have AVOD in Business!

Comment

Originally posted by SQ_fanatic View Post
              Yeah, they charge monopoly prices after SAS pulled out since long ago. Does anyone know if its AVOD? Cos I was on a B777-300 and it didnt have AVOD in Business!
              All 772ERs are AVOD equipped if I am not wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by dj_jay_smith View Post
                And if there was it would only be SK and the SpaceBed is as good as if not better than their J product.

Originally posted by feb01mel View Post
                All 772ERs are AVOD equipped if I am not wrong.
                Yep, all the long haul SV* series are anyway. I know people can get pedantic about others being 772ER's...

Comment

I think SQ is doing it too slow in terms of their retrofitting considering that they charge premium fares on most of their routes and that they are one of the best airlines...

Comment

From SQ's perspective there's no hurry to retrofit since they've got a monopoly on many routes operated by the 77E. They wouldn't spend that money rushing the retrofitting.

Comment

Sorry, I have not taken those 772ERs yet, but are they really that inferior?

For Business Class in 772ERs, I saw some pictures from the net, It seems that even they are not the most up-to-date product, but I cannot say it is totally out-dated.

With 2-2-2 in 777's wide cabin, lie-flat seat, AVOD, I think those 772ERs are still in good condition to fly.

When talking about retrofitting the 772ERs, what would you expect from SQ? Putting the long-haul seat in 1-2-1 setting or the regional seat in 2-2-2 setting? If the answer is the latter one, is that worth to do the retrofit?

Comment

I quite like the Spacebeds in the 77E's. They could do with the new gen Krisworld system, but other than that, they are still pretty good... The seats are a lot better than LH's J product IMHO.
                        God must have been a ship owner, he placed the raw materials far from where they are needed and covered two-thirds of the earth with water...

Comment

how is the load factor on the SIN-CPH?

Comment

Originally posted by Pinkfloyd View Post
                            I quite like the Spacebeds in the 77E's. They could do with the new gen Krisworld system, but other than that, they are still pretty good... The seats are a lot better than LH's J product IMHO.
                            Is the AVOD system on the 772ER really that bad compare with the new Krisworld on A380? Is that the content is much fewer in the old system?

If it is not the content issue, I think changing the old LCDs to new one would help alot, with sharper and clearer image

The LCD technology was improving alot during these years

PS: For retrofitting the A340-500, is that the whole AVOD was updated to the latest system?

Comment

Originally posted by sutrakhk View Post
                              Is the AVOD system on the 772ER really that bad compare with the new Krisworld on A380? Is that the content is much fewer in the old system?
                              Well, I don't think there's alot more content, but with the new one (A333/A345/A380/B77W), you are able to "multitask" as such (having the map on and a CD playing in the background) whereas with the previous one, the only audio you could have playing in the background was one of the radio broadcast channels as I believe playing a CD is actually an "active application". The new one just feels alot slicker (as it rightfully should)...

If it is not the content issue, I think changing the old LCDs to new one would help alot, with sharper and clearer image
                              I think they are changing over some of the refurbished B777s to 9" screens in Y later this year (the refurbished regional J already has 15.4" ones)...

PS: For retrofitting the A340-500, is that the whole AVOD was updated to the latest system?
                              Yep, it looks like the A345s got the new system entirely (including the newer FlightPath system).
                              Last edited by a340-313x; 27 June 2010, 01:04 AM. Reason: clarification of inclusion of the new FlightPath (I said "maps" before)

Comment

Working...
                              X