Regional F - when gone for good?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Until it isn't worth it?

SQ's approach is strictly commercial, so the answer is that it will continue with F for as long as it makes money (Suites is a different matter). In Asia, there is a lot of CC money (Corporate and Corrupt) money around, so especially the local routes will not be divesting F any time soon IMHO.
    Round the Moon. And Back

Comment

I think you are completely misguided in the direction you're heading down and you are talking about entirely different issues here...

1) Corruption
      2) F Travel, and whether or not it will remain, and for what reasons

Your linkage is utterly tenuous at best.

Comment

OK

Originally posted by Kyo View Post
        I think you are completely misguided in the direction you're heading down and you are talking about entirely different issues here...

1) Corruption
        2) F Travel, and whether or not it will remain, and for what reasons

Your linkage is utterly tenuous at best.
        Fair enough comment. My reference was specific to the CGK route whcih remains one of the stronger SQ regional F Sectors. The names on the F late flights CGK-SIN on Fridays and the SIN-CGK on Sundays are interesting.
        And, of course, the ongoing lack of an extradition treaty between these two fine nations is also a mystery and for sure has nothing to do with Indonesian money stashed in Singapore accounts?

So I retract my earlier comment so as to refer specifically to Indonesian routes. My apologies.
        Last edited by flymeroundthemoon; 14 July 2010, 07:49 PM.
        Round the Moon. And Back

Comment

Utterly hilarious!! You'd think that if such interesting persons are on the Friday night runs to SIN, the strong arm of the law would be ready for them when they returned to CGK on Monday morning.

So:

1. Is there an extradition treaty between Singapore & Indonesia? Nope.

2. Are there "interesting" persons in Singapore in "need" of extradition to Indonesia? Probably.

3. Do said persons fly on SQ F between SIN & CGK? Of course bloody not!

4. Relevance of all this to a discussion about SQ regional F? Zip.

Comment

Sigh..............

Originally posted by milehighj View Post
            Utterly hilarious!! You'd think that if such interesting persons are on the Friday night runs to SIN, the strong arm of the law would be ready for them when they returned to CGK on Monday morning.

So:

2. Are there "interesting" persons in Singapore in "need" of extradition to Indonesia? Probably.

Sorry that I need to be less subtle, but:

1. No, but what does that have to do with your counter-arguement?

2. Yes, of course.

3. Yes, absolutely they do. You'd be surprised the way it works!!

4. Relevance? That only the corrupt and the Corporate fly F these days? Perhaps I'm wrong but even the major Corporates are now no longer allowing F travel on flights of less than 12 hours and completely on SQ/R.
            Round the Moon. And Back

Comment

SQ1

Originally posted by milehighj View Post

So:

BTW, I was milehigh in the SQ1 bay, atop the stairs, long before you, I think? I'm going back to 1978 here?
              Round the Moon. And Back

Comment

Originally posted by flymeroundthemoon View Post
                BTW, I was milehigh in the SQ1 bay, atop the stairs, long before you, I think? I'm going back to 1978 here?
                So you should know about the corrupt and corporate fat cats traveling at the front end on SQ.

You traveled on your own dime or you used to be one of them?

Thanks for the scoop

Comment

You are really Big Time and you have extremely good inside knowledge of many issues that the rest of us are not aware of or intelligent enough to work it out. I think it is extremely rare for an important person to devote and contribute so much of his time and efforts on this humble and occasionally irrelevant website giving directions what hobbies we should avoid, what airlines we should take or not take, how the air travel agreements should be changed, where to spend our holidays, monopolistic practices etc..

A big Thank You!
                  Last edited by LionCity; 17 July 2010, 12:21 AM.

Comment

4. Relevance? That only the corrupt and the Corporate fly F these days?
                    Crikey philipat, even though I didn't think it possible, you're getting worse.

Perhaps I'm wrong....
                    You don't say.

Originally posted by 9V-SIA View Post
                    So you should know about the corrupt and corporate fat cats traveling at the front end on SQ.

You traveled on your own dime or you used to be one of them?

Thanks for the scoop
                    Lol!, quite!.

Comment

This thread just got good...

Comment

Starting to sound like a MasterCard advert

Comment

Indeed...

Can't argue with the one. I was 5.

Worthy of a filip... And a pat on the head.

Comment

4. Relevance? That only the corrupt and the Corporate fly F these days? Perhaps I'm wrong but even the major Corporates are now no longer allowing F travel on flights of less than 12 hours and completely on SQ/R.
                            Hmm.... How interesting! I regularly fly F on the SIN <> CGK route. I guess I must be "corrupt" then and have lots of money stashed in secret bank accounts in Singapore. ( I wish! ). Guess I shld downgrade to economy to avoid arousing any suspicion or have the KPK going after me..haha.

In actual fact, most of them flying F in the SIN <->CGK route are merely connecting in Singapore where they are talking medium to long haul flights in F onwards. If just to Singapore, most will choose business. And F on this route is not that popular. Most of the time, it is less than half full. And some of the seriously rich people will not fly F at all and not even business class. They will drag their expensive 5k+ Louis Vuitton luggage bags all the way to economy class.

Comment

Crikey who?

Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
                              Crikey philipat, even though I didn't think it possible, you're getting worse.

You don't say.

Lol!, quite!.
                              Crikey who, old chap? I think you have me misnomered? Unless you have your legal issues in a twist or something?
                              Last edited by flymeroundthemoon; 21 July 2010, 08:27 PM.
                              Round the Moon. And Back

Comment

Crikey who, old chap? I think you have me misnomered?
                                I hope you are not losing your memory flymearoundthemoon

I seem to remember an exchange with philipat ranting about missing LPP and you, confusing your handle here on SQTalk/FT replied

Anyway I'm glad you're all bluster and continue to fly SQ despite your posts to the contrary

SQ is a great airline isn't it?

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/14338584-post4.html
                                Last edited by 9V-SIA; 31 January 2011, 11:10 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X