Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

To Lombok (AMI) on MI, or via DPS on SQ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by flymeroundthemoon View Post
    Don't even think about transiting DPS for the sake of a marginal lounge difference, or in fact even if it meant trading off SIN lounge access completely.

DPS is a nightmare and recently its been taking PAX up to 4 hours to clear. Flights DPS-AMI use antiquated Fokker-27's. To catch a fast boat, which incidentally often sink en route, you are looking at being ripped off by taxis, ripped off again by boat operators etc. Also, most of the fast boats go to party central (The Gilli Islands, in particular Trewangan) and not to Lombok. Even were you to get to Lombok, you would still be looking at another 1-2 hours by taxi, and another rip-off, depending on where you are staying.

Welcome to Indonesia ;-)
    Gosh, so it really is that bad. Yeap, I'm going to avoid DPS

I'm starting to think I shouldn't go alone, being a noob to Indonesia. While I'm sure Indonesia has many nice attractions, I think its one of the places where local knowledge really helps.

YCP81: Great! Noted with thanks

Comment

Originally posted by concept|infinit View Post
      I'm starting to think I shouldn't go alone, being a noob to Indonesia.
      Not to worry. I go frequently, and by myself. A gracious and rewarding country, with wonderful people. Relax -- you'll be fine.

Comment

Originally posted by Bitterroot View Post
        Not to worry. I go frequently, and by myself. A gracious and rewarding country, with wonderful people. Relax -- you'll be fine.
        I have many Indonesian friends and went to Indonesia once as a kid, wonderful people.. just that it really does seem like its a country where local knowledge helps a lot, otherwise its best not to go alone.

Comment

Originally posted by concept|infinit View Post
          I thought of a holiday in Lombok (AMI) but I just realised that MI pax are only eligible to use the SATS lounge in Changi! Never been to SATS but it doesn't sound anywhere as good as SKL or am I wrong?

Do you think flying to DPS (on SQ) would be a better idea then taking a speedboat down to AMI? I'd imagine it'd be quite a scenic sea trip
          Are you seriously thinking of going on a longer trip and out of your way to get to your destination, just to use the SKL at T2 ?!.

If you are going to Lombok fly there direct on MI.

Comment

Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
            Are you seriously thinking of going on a longer trip and out of your way to get to your destination, just to use the SKL at T2 ?!.

If you are going to Lombok fly there direct on MI.
            It was an idea but like I mentioned above, following the advice some gave, I realised the direct flight would be a lot more convenient

Since I'm going to fly MI, I'll probably redeem on Y. I can't justify to myself paying for J on MI in lieu of SQ Damned SQ marketing machine

Comment

Working...
            X